Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge servers maintenace was supposed to be 12 hours - 40 hours later, still down Gamigo fail

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,737
Yeah - so good to see ArcheAge in good hands now? 

hahahahaha

Here's the gamigo community post on official forums - /sadcringe

Amazing competence.

(oh btw Trove servers have also been offline for 40 hours now - was also supposed to take 12h...)

/smh
Gdemami

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,737
    Official 77 page forum thread (if you can get to the forums - even that has been really spotty lol)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?353447-Extraordinary-NA-Maintenance-2-AM-PDT-August-27

As you can see - Gamigo is so much better.... /snicker
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,315
    How does that even happen? What happend?
    Gdemami
    I changed my profile picture, sorry

Proud supporter of Ship of Heroes, Fractured, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Saga of Lucimia 

Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker

edited September 9
    Arterius said:
    The previous operations/data center hosting team that ran Rift/Trove/Defiance/ArcheAge is 100% gone - [mod edit]

That's how.

Post edited by Vaross on
    ArteriusGdemami
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 612
    Can't believe that.......*speechless*
    Ilaya said:
    Can't believe that.......*speechless*
    "The team is still at work without ETA" 

Gdemami
    synnOG_ZorvanGdemamipantaro
    edited August 29

Just wow

/popcorn 
    ArteriusGdemami
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,315
    DMKano said:

Just wow

/popcorn 
    Gosh darn... glad I dont play AA
    I changed my profile picture, sorry

Proud supporter of Ship of Heroes, Fractured, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Saga of Lucimia 

Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 242
    i find it tragic that even thu their players trying show support by playing an saying it a good game they still have too face incompetence on a level of Fall Out 76 ...  

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Guess the sandbox PVP crowd is much smaller than PVE crowd. Imagine if archeage had optional pvp, ultima online was dying with pvp only and its still alive today because they made it optional. Yet all these companies bend the knee to pvpers, that cry harder when their griefing is taken away than the so called "carebears" they call pvers, when in fact they are the bigger carebears.

No wonder archeage didn't make it. it wasnt because of pay to win either, black desert online is pay to win and is far more successful because its pvp-lite where pvp is extremely casual and its mostly a pve focused MMO.

All these pvp mmos keep failing and yet devs keep making them. And when they make pvp optional, then the small group of pvpers cry cause they cant grief anymore.

Now they cant even afford to keep the servers up, and its looking like its dead in the waters.
    have you even played BDO? lol
    FTrunks21
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,744
    Guess the sandbox PVP crowd is much smaller than PVE crowd. Imagine if archeage had optional pvp, ultima online was dying with pvp only and its still alive today because they made it optional. Yet all these companies bend the knee to pvpers, that cry harder when their griefing is taken away than the so called "carebears" they call pvers, when in fact they are the bigger carebears.

No wonder archeage didn't make it. it wasnt because of pay to win either, black desert online is pay to win and is far more successful because its pvp-lite where pvp is extremely casual and its mostly a pve focused MMO.

All these pvp mmos keep failing and yet devs keep making them. And when they make pvp optional, then the small group of pvpers cry cause they cant grief anymore.

Now they cant even afford to keep the servers up, and its looking like its dead in the waters.
    Easy money.
    The PvPers are the biggest whales. It's called Pay to Win for a reason.
    Even if they shut AA down now, they've long ago won back their initial investment with a good profit on top of that.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,733
    edited August 29
    It says they are moving to a new data center? To be fair, and I'm assuming its a similar process, SE took servers offline when they moved to Texas for about a week or so. When they did the EU move, it was down for 2 weeks at least. I'm not saying their process is 'okay' but some companies just do that. Kind of funny that SE only compensated for half the time the servers were down though, but hey, that community only complains when it comes to vanity.
    pantaro
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,744
    edited September 9
    pineal said:

[mod edit]
    He's not wrong. Not where BDO is concerned anyway.
    That game would've been dead on arrival if they let the PvP crowd do away with the heavy karma penalties like they were clamoring for. Giving them the ability to break every other player's gems and constantly force xp loss on them with no consequences whatsoever to them.
    Post edited by Vaross on

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Albatroes said:
    It says they are moving to a new data center? To be fair, and I'm assuming its a similar process, SE took servers offline when they moved to Texas for about a week or so. When they did the EU move, it was down for 2 weeks at least. I'm not saying their process is 'okay' but some companies just do that. Kind of funny that SE only compensated for half the time the servers were down though, but hey, that community only complains when it comes to vanity.

The original estimate was 12 hours.

The servers are being moved from a datacenter in Dallas TX to another datacenter in Dallas TX (less than 30.min drive between the 2)

It's been 45 hours now.... lol

They promised an update 3 hours ago and they even failed at that heh
    Gdemami
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 2,955
    DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:

The original estimate was 12 hours.

The servers are being moved from a datacenter in Dallas TX to another datacenter in Dallas TX (less than 30.min drive between the 2)

It's been 45 hours now.... lol

They promised an update 3 hours ago and they even failed at that heh
    Maybe they are moving them by snail?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I hope they get their servers in order. They are down again right now. I was really sore with AA before but I believe in giving companies a second chance when they listen to their players. I've taken that attitude with Hello Games and am enjoying No Man's Sky finally. Of course, Hello Games fixed their game for free but hey. *shrug*
  • FinvegaFinvega Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Moving your network to a new data center is when you REALLY find out how poorly your documentation and understanding of the networked environment is. :wink:
    RoinTorval
  • VicusEQVicusEQ Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Gamigo also gave up on Rift.  They haven't given any updates in months.  They actually made a weekly section on their official discord server...but the "weekly" questions they were aswering took a month to get back to the community. They only did this once then just deleted the entire section from discord without any explanation.  But we know it's just because they can't answer the same question that is being asked.  When will there be ANY new content...any at all.  
    edited September 9
    VicusEQ said:
    Gamigo also gave up on Rift.  They haven't given any updates in months.  They actually made a weekly section on their official discord server...but the "weekly" questions they were aswering took a month to get back to the community. They only did this once then just deleted the entire section from discord without any explanation.  But we know it's just because they can't answer the same question that is being asked.  When will there be ANY new content...any at all.  

Rift team was 20+ devs before Gamigo came in - now they have 2 devs left for bug fix issues.

Rift, Trove and Defiance are the same way - Gamigo never rehired any devs to keep development going , they only rehired one community manager recently and that's it. Meanwhile they lost more ex Trion staff and are running at below skeleton crew numbers.

So Gamigos intentions are clear - all games except ArcheAge are in 100% maintenance mode - but they are keeping hush about this - but anyone with 2 brain cells has figured this out already. 

There wont be any more expansions or major content done for any ex-trion game - they will let all that die, as their only interest is to keep that sweet ArcheAge cash cow going.

At some point Gamigo will announce sunset for Rift trove and Defiance and will fire the remaining Trion staff as they wont need any of them anymore. 

They will try to extend contract and keep ArcheAge going- doubt that XL agrees as the hosting issues have been awful with Gamigo- shit server performance since new Gamigo datacenter migration and lots of outages.
    YashaX
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,011
    DMKano said:
    VicusEQ said:

Rift team was 20+ devs before Gamigo came in - now they have 2 devs left for bug fix issues.

Rift, Trove and Defiance are the same way - Gamigo never rehired any devs to keep development going , they only rehired one community manager recently and that's it. Meanwhile they lost more ex Trion staff and are running at below skeleton crew numbers.

So Gamigos intentions are clear - all games except ArcheAge are in 100% maintenance mode - but they are keeping hush about this - but anyone with 2 brain cells has figured this out already. 

There wont be any more expansions or major content done for any ex-trion game - they will let all that die, as their only interest is to keep that sweet ArcheAge cash cow going.

At some point Gamigo will announce sunset for Rift trove and Defiance and will fire the remaining Trion staff as they wont need any of them anymore. 

They will try to extend contract and keep ArcheAge going- doubt that XL agrees as the hosting issues have been awful with Gamigo- shit server performance since new Gamigo datacenter migration and lots of outages.
    This is what happens with companies like Gamigo.  They  buy a failing company, let products fail and keep 1 or 2 around that will make them money.   Trion really screwed up by making very bad investments one after the other.   Now their legacy games will shut down.   
  • ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited September 9
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    The previous operations/data center hosting team that ran Rift/Trove/Defiance/ArcheAge is 100% gone - and Germans have no clue WTF they are doing.

That's how.

uh look mommy, a racist

and after those 77 pages on their forum, you thought you'd start some more here... bc... 77 ain't enough? yep, very smart. if bitching doesn't help, what does, ait?

*facepalm* but i guess no one ever called racists smart

uh and if you are playing online in europe, you can be pretty sure those servers are somehow routed over frankfurt, smart one. which is, heeey, look, in germany.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 452
    edited September 9
    Gamigo, where games go to the grave then become zombies.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,890
    I'm not a Gamigo fan, but I really feel for the people under the gun trying to iron out the tech issues. It can be hellish or at least painful when things go wrong and the money people get grumpy. I screwed up a database load last week and had to start over. I've been reloading all weekend long. Oops.
    YashaXgervaise1
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration