Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raiding in Classic, who's in?

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    edited August 2019
    If I was going back in with the guild for this one I would be raiding when it comes online for sure. How much is debatable, but some for old times sake.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    cheyane said:
    Raiding is hell. I was a raid main healer. I don't want to do that any more. I will do dungeons but no raids for me.
    I was a Main Tank, I won't raid anymore. It is hell.
    Kyleran

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Too much drama and epeen flexing for me. There was a time when I thought having loot was worth it, but not anymore. It used to be fun hanging out with large groups of people online, but something changed. Maybe it was me.
    [Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Sovrath said:
    Unless someone completely missed this experience, I have no idea why you'd want to do it all over again (and pay a sub to do it).

I bet if I offered you a million dollars to come up with a few ideas as to why people would like to revisit this game you'd have no problems. 

It's like Amathe said, people enjoy visiting "old toys." To that point I spent two hours in Morrowind last night even though I played it for over 2 years and every now and then over the years. Pay money? Yup, If I had to buy it again, even for full price, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I suspect that people want to try classic World of Warcraft, go back to classic World of Warcraft, and especially play an mmorpg that has a large amount of people in it right from the start. There is a lot to be said about that.
    Hell: I can't remember how many times over my life time I bought Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon ;)
    SovrathKyleran

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Palebane said:
    Too much drama and epeen flexing for me. There was a time when I thought having loot was worth it, but not anymore. It used to be fun hanging out with large groups of people online, but something changed. Maybe it was me.
    Not to mention that during raids noone was allowed to talk on TS, just raid leader, because you can't have 40 people chatting basicly...  

I wasn't in the leadership of my guild, but I can imagine how much stuff they had to deal with when someone was mean on Ts with someone or whatever. The guild was close to 80 people. 
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited August 2019
    paul43 said:
    Unless someone completely missed this experience, I have no idea why you'd want to do it all over again (and pay a sub to do it).
    I can understand it from the leveling experience maybe. But from raiding POV it's pretty hard.

Unless you're in a very popular hardcore guild, then raiding is pretty hard.

Once we had some bosses in MC on farm we would have full raid on "farm" day but on progress day it would be maybe 25 if we were lucky. Making progress almost impossible.

We got stuck on Geddon for about a month, because it was so far into the raid that there was little time left on farm day, and ofc on progress day not enough people.

You jogged my memory, I now recall how on farm days people came out of the woodwork to raid but on progression days many seemed too busy washing socks or something.

Really became apparent as we ground through AQ40 to the point leadership made it policy to give first priority to join farming raids to those who regularly attended the progression raids.

I also remember my interest in raiding had begun to wane for several reasons so I intentionally put myself on the back up list so I could pick and choose when to raid.

When BC content was added just prior to official launch it quickly became apparent the 40 person raiding era was coming to an end so my guild broke up into smaller ones better suited to 20 man content and I decided to play another game.

Post edited by Kyleran on
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon