Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic Players Are Fed Up With Queue Times - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• Khronos78Khronos78 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Honestly, I must say that this is actually the first time ever that Blizzard had a successful launch where servers were not crashing. Well my server anyhow, Old Blanchy. I give them props for a very smooth launch. The wait times are there to throttle the login requests in order to not crash the login server. Think about that. And if you're complaining about wait times, why don't you get in contact with Blizzard/Activision and help them resolve the issue. If you can't offer any constructive criticism nor programming ideas, then deal with the wait times.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,455
    Wizardry said:
    Quazal.A said:

So point the finger at the users and ignore Blizzard?
    There is a difference in terms "expect" and assume.I would EXPECT a very rich developer who understands ANYTHING about their own game and the popularity of this ordeal to get it right.I would "assume" Blizzard would not get it right because there has been a big effort towards monetizing their products and cost/overhead way more so than doing anything with their games content or designs.

Before anyone thinks Blizzard is ok on this,when i played FFXI in the early years it was so busy we often could not find a spot in an open world to setup camp,it was massively crowded all over the place>>>NO QUE UES.

I can garner a guess as to how many players were designed or expected to be per server,about 10k max online and was usually around 5-7k.
    However Wow is a design i have never liked,the LINEAR design,.the connect the dots questing design,this leads everyone to be in the exact same spot at the exact same time,brilliant design...lmao.../not.This would also lead me to believe WHY games like Wow use so many instances,to try and fix their own bad design.

I forgot how depressing it is when you're right.

PalebaneTacticalZombeh
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,394
    the problem isnt queues or waiting, its that people want to be on one given server, as a person with no guild or no ties, just looking to play, its instant.
    KyleranMisterZebubNephethmgilbrtsn
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    classic is a low effort cash grab, i warned you yall, you didn't hear

give them your money, that is all they want, fixing/modernizing stuff ? hell no
    kertin
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 930
    edited August 28
    sighs, ah you tired old men don't you know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,635
    edited August 28
    Lokero said:
    Roguewiz said:
    Classic/Legacy/Progression Servers tend to do that.  Hell, even Daybreak has had issues with the release of new Progression Servers for Everquest.

This problem isn't solely Blizzard.  It is a problem for all game companies that fail to project what will happen or have plans in place to fix it.
    I don't think it's a failure to project what will happen with the launch rush.  I think they are just sensibly trying not to overdo it with servers that will be dead in a month.
    Many game companies have walked that road.  It's always more trouble than it's worth to overcompensate and open too many servers.
    Hehe and it is maybe not that bad in a business sense. Half would only have a month sub and then leave anyway, so why make servers for them .. they already paid all they were ever going to  >:) 
    Lokero
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,569
    edited August 28
    funny things about classic to me:

people are asking for modern wow tools

streamers with big followings are greatly impacting the numbers. I think although there is interest, the large number thing is because the streamer has a bunch of fans who will play anything they play just to interact with their favorite streamer. 
    "PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

"Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin

Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,303
    Scellow said:
    classic is a low effort cash grab, i warned you yall, you didn't hear

give them your money, that is all they want, fixing/modernizing stuff ? hell no
    This is what players have been screaming for.  They didn't even plan to do it.  It's hardly a cash grab.  More of a 'you wanted it, here it is, but it does cost something's kinda thing 

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.