Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Activision Blizzard and a whole lot of taxes.

1235»

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    laserit said:
    Go back to the 1800's 1900's etc. etc. The time before Income Tax

Last I checked life is pretty damn sweet compared to those times.
    Heh

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but either way, I agree. If we don't change course, we are not going to have a choice.

But, I'm not going to blame Blizzard for it when we do. I think that's where people differ.
    laserit
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    NorseGod said:
    laserit said:
    Go back to the 1800's 1900's etc. etc. The time before Income Tax

Last I checked life is pretty damn sweet compared to those times.
    Heh

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but either way, I agree. If we don't change course, we are not going to have a choice.

But, I'm not going to blame Blizzard for it when we do. I think that's where people differ.
    I’m looking at all of us (me included) we don’t know what we’ve got until it’s gone.
    NorseGodAlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I don't think there should be a corporate/business income tax. Being headquartered in California, their income would taxed at 43.8% before 2017. This doesn't include a plethora of other taxes. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Cleffy said:
    I don't think there should be a corporate/business income tax. Being headquartered in California, their income would taxed at 43.8% before 2017. This doesn't include a plethora of other taxes. 
    California have a flat tax?

Wish my taxes were that simple.
    NorseGod

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    gervaise1 said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    gervaise1 said:

I snipped for ease of quoting :)

I don't think people are saying "taxes are evil" (some probably are), but rather what those taxes are used for is not in some folks agendas.

I don't want to pay taxes to "help others", especially in natural disaster areas NOT in my own backyard. I don't want to give my hard earned money to support baby factory welfare recipients. I don't want to pay my Government to use my taxes to help women only organizations. Those kinds of organizations should be handled at the state and local levels, NOT the Federal level, if at all.

Let's face it, our tax money is going to things NOT provided for in the US Constitution. No wonder some folks want to do away that important piece of paper ;)

Why exempt your own area for not having disaster relief! Getting rid of people hanging around waiting for a disaster in another area means they won't be there for you. Period. Big states - nope. Take Texas senators: pre- Houston flood: New York doesn't need disaster relief; post-flood: we need disaster funding. Pathetic!  

Baby factory welfare - OK. So you want higher taxes then. Yep I said higher taxes. Increased spending on police, courts, jails that will be needed for starving, lawless mobs - try reading Charles Dickens letters or if that is to much Oliver Twist! Crime is much higher without welfare and so there are consequences. That have to be addressed. So unless you want to "round people up" and kill them - will assume not - you have to put something in place. Sod the taxes you will hire a private security firm maybe ... not a tax but .... 

And what about the military. Pushing 55% of all discretionary spending now I think. (You might get labelled lots of nasty things if you are - the power of big corporations at work.)

These were just examples I gave though. Not intended to be specifics. Every single area of "collective spending" has a debate that can be had; pros and cons. "Hard choices" though - and as I said those who once railed against deficits are now suddenly OK with them.  Pathetic as I said.
    Saw and read. Won't respond as this is getting far too political for gaming boards ;)
    NorseGod

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR