Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic Players Are Fed Up With Queue Times - MMORPG.com

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    That's a good problem to have.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Yeah, hopefully people now aren't learning the hard way to not schedule time off work for a release....

After being burned a few times they'll learn like the rest of us.

Gut Out!
    Octagon7711TacticalZombeh

What, me worry?

• kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    No ques in my high pop server, this morning or afternoon.. fed up? nah the people who were rushing the servers aren't going anywhere
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Oh damn, that was today?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    It cracks me up that people feel they have to be first in line for a game that is 15 years old.....
    LokeroOctagon7711
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kyleran said:
    People watch Minecraft on Twitch? 

Weird.
    Bro...

When was the last time you were on twitch? They have chess and cooking streams now FFS.
    Octagon7711TacticalZombeh
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    It cracks me up that people feel they have to be first in line for a game that is 15 years old.....
    I mean, who doesn't want to be the World's First lvl 2? I wanted to be World's First to kill a crab. Then I can put it in my sig to brag to the internet, maybe put it on my resume.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 505
    With all the WoW queue waiting is it that Blizzard was just woefully underestimating or do you think it is Blizzard intentionally trolling all these queuing players since they've already got the money lol ?
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Give it a month. It'll die down. This was to be expected.
    Octagon7711NorseGod

Joined - July 2004

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    NorseGod said:
    Kyleran said:
    People watch Minecraft on Twitch? 

Weird.
    Bro...

When was the last time you were on twitch? They have chess and cooking streams now FFS.
    Err....hmm, I've never been on Twitch come to think of it, I wouldn't watch people cook or play chess either.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    edited August 2019
    That's why I'm waiting until either this weekend or next week to log in so I can avoid this shit show.  It was the same way when I logged in on Day 1 in 2004.  I don't know how anyone couldn't have seen this coming a mile away.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Classic/Legacy/Progression Servers tend to do that.  Hell, even Daybreak has had issues with the release of new Progression Servers for Everquest.

This problem isn't solely Blizzard.  It is a problem for all game companies that fail to project what will happen or have plans in place to fix it.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Roguewiz said:
    Classic/Legacy/Progression Servers tend to do that.  Hell, even Daybreak has had issues with the release of new Progression Servers for Everquest.

This problem isn't solely Blizzard.  It is a problem for all game companies that fail to project what will happen or have plans in place to fix it.
    I don't think it's a failure to project what will happen with the launch rush.  I think they are just sensibly trying not to overdo it with servers that will be dead in a month.
    Many game companies have walked that road.  It's always more trouble than it's worth to overcompensate and open too many servers.
    Kyleran
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Roguewiz said:

Game companies know it's a temp problem, quickly forgotten a month from now.
    Kyleran

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    only because of the known bug have i had to wait, logged in 1 minute after live, no queue, many log outs and reboots etc to do other things no queue, then at 530pm today got booted off (but looks like whole server did) and then had about 45mins queue.
    been actually a decent release, but those who didn't think theree would be queues.. then sir i snigger at you and your stupidity

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Gutlard said:
     schedule time off work for a release....

I haven't done that since 2003. That's how bad things are with the genre.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    People having a temper-tantrum cause they couldn't log into their favorite streamer's server? I only dealt with a 1 hr queue which I felt was reasonable. Now there's no queue time for most serves.....shocker
    NorseGod
    edited August 2019
    Kyleran said:
    NorseGod said:
    Kyleran said:

Err....hmm, I've never been on Twitch come to think of it, I wouldn't watch people cook or play chess either.

B-but some do it nekkid  Or at least, that's what I heard. 

And both of those are btfo of actual video games.
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    bcbully
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    NorseGod said:
    I mean, who doesn't want to be the World's First lvl 2? I wanted to be World's First to kill a crab. Then I can put it in my sig to brag to the internet, maybe put it on my resume.

That probably is enough to get a job in the government.....
    NorseGod
    Ah ... the gift that keeps on giving.

Sorry, I need to appreciate that gif.

I love that show, my last job was exactly the same. We had our own Jen, eccentric boss, my co-worker was exactly like Roy, all of it. It was like the producers had a secret camera in our shop.

Ok, continue.
    Palebane[Deleted User]
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Lol, this didn't take a rocket scientist to know that queus were gonna be a problem.  And yet...and yet.  Some gonna act like this is shock and scream, and shout.

The constant complaining and trashing of companies is one reason they are hesitant to touch the mmo market.

Suck it up buttercups.

I self identify as a monkey.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2019
    Quazal.A said:
    only because of the known bug have i had to wait, logged in 1 minute after live, no queue, many log outs and reboots etc to do other things no queue, then at 530pm today got booted off (but looks like whole server did) and then had about 45mins queue.
    been actually a decent release, but those who didn't think there would be queues.. then sir i snigger at you and your stupidity

So point the finger at the users and ignore Blizzard?
    There is a difference in terms "expect" and assume.I would EXPECT a very rich developer who understands ANYTHING about their own game and the popularity of this ordeal to get it right.I would "assume" Blizzard would not get it right because there has been a big effort towards monetizing their products and cost/overhead way more so than doing anything with their games content or designs.

Before anyone thinks Blizzard is ok on this,when i played FFXI in the early years it was so busy we often could not find a spot in an open world to setup camp,it was massively crowded all over the place>>>NO QUE UES.

I can garner a guess as to how many players were designed or expected to be per server,about 10k max online and was usually around 5-7k.
    However Wow is a design i have never liked,the LINEAR design,.the connect the dots questing design,this leads everyone to be in the exact same spot at the exact same time,brilliant design...lmao.../not.This would also lead me to believe WHY games like Wow use so many instances,to try and fix their own bad design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Khronos78Khronos78 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Honestly, I must say that this is actually the first time ever that Blizzard had a successful launch where servers were not crashing. Well my server anyhow, Old Blanchy. I give them props for a very smooth launch. The wait times are there to throttle the login requests in order to not crash the login server. Think about that. And if you're complaining about wait times, why don't you get in contact with Blizzard/Activision and help them resolve the issue. If you can't offer any constructive criticism nor programming ideas, then deal with the wait times.
    Wizardry said:
    Quazal.A said:

So point the finger at the users and ignore Blizzard?
    There is a difference in terms "expect" and assume.I would EXPECT a very rich developer who understands ANYTHING about their own game and the popularity of this ordeal to get it right.I would "assume" Blizzard would not get it right because there has been a big effort towards monetizing their products and cost/overhead way more so than doing anything with their games content or designs.

Before anyone thinks Blizzard is ok on this,when i played FFXI in the early years it was so busy we often could not find a spot in an open world to setup camp,it was massively crowded all over the place>>>NO QUE UES.

I can garner a guess as to how many players were designed or expected to be per server,about 10k max online and was usually around 5-7k.
    However Wow is a design i have never liked,the LINEAR design,.the connect the dots questing design,this leads everyone to be in the exact same spot at the exact same time,brilliant design...lmao.../not.This would also lead me to believe WHY games like Wow use so many instances,to try and fix their own bad design.

I forgot how depressing it is when you're right.

PalebaneTacticalZombeh
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    the problem isnt queues or waiting, its that people want to be on one given server, as a person with no guild or no ties, just looking to play, its instant.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Nephethmgilbrtsn