Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Classic: Queue Party!

TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
On EU Server up to 4 hours queue on High pop.
The Low Pop you can't even connect, probably that's why they are low pop.
5 new Servers on top of the ones added yesterday and they are already Medium pop, 40 minutes in from the launch.

Welcome to 2004, true Vanilla experience!

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I always loved the WOW queue parties in the past, reminds me of launch.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Other than it being "bad publicity" I don't see an issue with merging servers, I'd bet they rent them anyway.  Hell leave both names in the realm list and just make them go to the same physical server, see how long it takes for people to figure it out lol.  It's not like there is land or much important other stuff like in Archeage.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    doesn't get much better when you're in the game. i managed to log in the first 15 minutes as an undead.....the starting area was just mental. so many people, and so much lag that spells take a full minute to cast. all mobs are instantly contested by 20 people. quest givers take multiple minutes to spawn. the only clue is a cluster fudge of people standing where the quest giver is supposed to be. chat so clogged that it keeps disconnecting me every 30 seconds. 

i think i'll wait a few days...maybe a week or two. 

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    PvP Servers are busting.
    They might need to open few more to accommodate the demand.
    Queues are insane.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    DMKano said:
    That of course sucks - there was nothing fun about any hours+ queue for any launch vanilla included as well as this one.

Of course the issue is Blizzard knows that too many servers - and then they would end up with a ton of underpopulated worlds that would need merging very soon.

Too few and the queues are too long - but due to players accepting same old 15 year old problems as some kind of cool nostalgia, they dont have to change a thing.

Players always settle for whatever is slung their way.

I mean putting a positive spin on an age of launch problem (hours and hours of queues) is not a good thing
    I always like the whole queue thing. I suppose, for me, it was a time to bond over this one issue, to talk on forums, to tell the stories of waiting in line only to get in and then get booted.

It was the epitomyof the social experience. Distilled to where the players, all the players were together in the most purest form.

IceAgeAbimor
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    I had a premade character on an eu server and got straight in,the server said full also,so not sure whats going on with the Queues,there was a few issues when I logged in but was soon sorted,from my view point it all seemed pretty smooth.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    wow, no WoW

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

edited August 2019
    They just announced they are going to add 3 new US servers.
    They went from 7 two weeks ago, to 23 right now, and that's only US.
    EU is on 23 already and here is 4 AM, wait until peak time, they will have to add many more.

No one wanted Classic LOL!
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:

Who the hell said that?

What people were saying is that the launch will be huge - just wont be able to sustain that success for long
    Blizzard own President
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    EU is on 23 already and here is 4 AM, wait until peak time, they will have to add many more.

NA alone has 242 non-classic servers.

So long ways to go for Classic to overtake retail (hint it wont happen)
    All empty.
    IceAge
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    Being playing for a few hours and I love this so far. Again will I be play six months from now. Probably not but I can not stop playing. Just opened a new window so I can say that so far this experience has been really good

It would be nice if you can keep us posted at which point the rose tinted effect starts to wear off.

I have no rose tinted glasses never played the game back in the day... experiencing the game for the first time
    He is Mister Nostalgia, according to him old school MMORPGs are all about nostalgia.

Don’t mind him.
    His idea of a MMORPGs is in line with Ion Iazzakostas or whatever is called the guy who killed MMORPGs. 

DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:

All empty.

So Blizzard is running 242 empty realms in NA ..... seriously?
    Have you ever heard of hyperboles?

And the reason why there are so many server left is because of paid transfers, that’s why they don’t merge Servers, and because of the cross-realm technology they are not forced to merge them either.

Axxar
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    edited August 2019
    I was Paladin in Vanilla. What if I mained Shaman this time around? IDK. Still debating if I want to do this or not. I honestly only want to play AV despite it not being old AV. Havnt had a good faction based PvP experience in years.
    Axxar

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• PaulChattertonPaulChatterton Member UncommonPosts: 19

There was a different sort of queue on Zandalar Tribe (EU RP-PvP). My lasting memory of launch night will be characters waiting in an orderly line for their turn to kill Garrick Padfoot in Northshire.

SteelhelmIceAge
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    It was a very different queue last night on the Pagle server.  It was awesome to see people lining up to wait their turn to kill quest NPCs or to loot quest items.  Let's just hope that kind of gamesmanship lasts long after the newness wears off. 
    True.  I had a couple names to kill in my time last night.  Ran up to spawn point, asked for invite was told it was full so I sat back.  When they finished I invited whoever ran up next and we did the same thing.  Other people waited on us and so on and so forth.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:

All empty.

So Blizzard is running 242 empty realms in NA ..... seriously?
    Are all those realms really individual realms?

They have all kinds of phasing and realm/instance sharing correct?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 565
    Even their forum is experiencing issues...

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    Honestly I won't get the chance my sub is up in three months because i bought six months when I started playing BFA but after tonight I don't expect I will go back. Just to many other games to play and WoW classic will never, hopefully, be updated in a meaningful way. No expansions, new content, etc......................http://www.v88.ca/3ce1

Adbots are getting very clever at appearing like posters, but we gotcha. :)
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    queue on my EU server Golemagg rn is 6h+ :)
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited August 2019
    What was weird is that last night I was grouped with two of my sons. We all got booted and we all logged back in within seconds of each other.

I got back in instantly and both my sons had to wait for hours in a 7000 person que.

I'm wondering if I having an ongoing WoW subscription for years and them only recently reactivating their accounts for Classic had anything to do with it. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I was Paladin in Vanilla. What if I mained Shaman this time around? IDK. Still debating if I want to do this or not. I honestly only want to play AV despite it not being old AV. Havnt had a good faction based PvP experience in years.
    I’m playing my first Shaman and really liking it ao far.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Nyctelios said:
    Had to give up from playing the only acceptable faction so I could play with friends... So I'm a forsaken rogue.... siiiigh...
    Opposite for me... I wanted to play Tauren Shaman/Hunter but I'm stuck with alliance because of friends.

I'll still level horde chars too... on a RPPVP server ;)
    Trade friends?
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    NorseGod said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Had to give up from playing the only acceptable faction so I could play with friends... So I'm a forsaken rogue.... siiiigh...
    Opposite for me... I wanted to play Tauren Shaman/Hunter but I'm stuck with alliance because of friends.

I'll still level horde chars too... on a RPPVP server ;)
    Trade friends?
    Games are games.
    Friends are friends.
    Games with friends are better than game without them ;)
    But if you two swapped friends, you can play on the faction you wanted to play. :)
    Scot[Deleted User]
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited August 2019
    I tried the progression server in EQ2 when it launched. I liked it, but somehow the knowledge people were already at level 50 a day or two AFTER LAUNCH put a damper on my mood. I think that factored into why I lost interest. It just didn't feel like CHALLENGE was the aim, rather merely the content itself. A good aim, but felt lacking. And frankly I never played early EQ2. In fact, the earliest I played was 2010, and I quit after a month because I was sick of the hand holding, lazy leveling schemes (people rocketing through the levels made it feel cheap; i was level locked most of the time, yet even then all my experience was still be stored for when i reenabled leveling), and the feeling the old content I was doing was no longer meaningful. I felt like someone abandoned; not valued. I was just hoping for something with more bite, with a longer tooth.

I wonder if same thing will happen in classic WoW. You'll realize it's mostly modern WoW with a new skin. People will rocket through the levels and it'll feel cheapened. You'll wonder why you're there. The only saving grace is hte  content is meaningful again. That may be enough for some.

Here's the thing. I may go back. The pvp progression server was released. But given the PvE-only launched in March, and I only played for less than a month about, it's possible I'll never play again, or even if I do not long. There're just too many other MMORGPs/MMO's I can be playing. I work, so I don't have infinite time to devote to every possible game. There needs to be a compelling reason, otherwise it's not going to be on my radar very long. More likely, I'll return to Wurm Online, since I've been there off/on for years. Or i'll try something out of curiosity, like SWTOR.

Still, they did get $30 from me, even though I didn't play for a month. I wasted my second month of subscription. Lost interest. I  almost accidentally paid for a 3rd month, but fortunatley they cancelled it for me. If I play again, they might get $45 total. In essence, that's like the full price of a PC game. Not bad, but I wonder how mcuh they spent developing the progression servers?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2019

There was a different sort of queue on Zandalar Tribe (EU RP-PvP). My lasting memory of launch night will be characters waiting in an orderly line for their turn to kill Garrick Padfoot in Northshire.

"So how long do you have to go before you get to kill Garrick".
    "The marker I just passed said 2 hours 30 minutes"
    "To bad; I have a FASTPASS to my own instance, cya"

They wouldn't ...... or would they ....
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
    Kyleran