Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes in a playable state?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Man, the forums are dead on this one.  I guess there's just not much to talk about yet.

Anyway, for those following the game, is there currently a game build that's playable and in a perpetual online state?

Thanks!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    When you really want to know the status of an upcoming MMORPG,  you just have to look it up......on another site that covers them more thoroughly....   ;)

http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/09/pax-east-2018-talking-superhero-mmos-with-ship-of-heroes-casey-mcgeever/

From this interview he's not sure they'll have something ready to show for next year's PAX East, but he did think 2020 was a real possibility. 

Playable game,  not in this decade....

;)
    Tokken

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Kyleran said:
    When you really want to know the status of an upcoming MMORPG,  you just have to look it up......on another site that covers them more thoroughly....   ;)

http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/09/pax-east-2018-talking-superhero-mmos-with-ship-of-heroes-casey-mcgeever/

From this interview he's not sure they'll have something ready to show for next year's PAX East, but he did think 2020 was a real possibility. 

;)

Ahh, shit.
    Tokken
  • sensiblesensible Member CommonPosts: 2
    Kyleran said:

;)
    That's not really what Casey/Ship of Heroes is saying in the interview. He is saying SoH won't be displaying at PAX East next year, maybe in 2020. But as it says on their web site, alphas will pick up again in May and a donor's Beta (open to anyone who donates over $25) is set for end of the year. SoH has distinguished itself as an MMO that publishes, updates, and follows its timelines and milestones - the plan has always been to launch fully in 2019. So, big Beta end of year, launch in 2019.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    sensible said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    That's not really what Casey/Ship of Heroes is saying in the interview. He is saying SoH won't be displaying at PAX East next year, maybe in 2020. But as it says on their web site, alphas will pick up again in May and a donor's Beta (open to anyone who donates over $25) is set for end of the year. SoH has distinguished itself as an MMO that publishes, updates, and follows its timelines and milestones - the plan has always been to launch fully in 2019. So, big Beta end of year, launch in 2019.

I hope that's accurate.  I very much want a good replacement for CoH.
    Tokken
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    sensible said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    I'll that bet. $5.00 says they don't "fully launch" until 2020 or later.

B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Ship of heroes looks promising, but it is will stall. The game is bare bones. there isn't much to do that warrants a subscription. They admitted that a lot of stuff will not be added until later. Who will pay a sub for a bare bones game when you could pay a sub for a title that is more complete.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I'm thinking Christmas, 2020. Just speculation. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I am betting for 2021.  Gonna take a while to make it content rich.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!