Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ship featuring new gameplay announced - $675

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited August 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
     and people can't stop talking about it 

If that's true, then why do you have to bump your own threads every time they fall off the 1st page of the forums?
    I'm not bumping anything you are...

You post 2 "drama" threads in the space of 10 minutes what would you expect lol

That's the only way people who know nothing about the game can rant their frustrations while pretending it matters  :D
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited August 2019
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:

If that's true, then why do you have to bump your own threads every time they fall off the 1st page of the forums?

That's the only ones people who know nothing about the game can have something to say while pretending it matters  :D
    Holy crap, man...

rpmcmurphySinsai
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Albatroes said:
    and people complain that BDO is pay to win
    This game isn't even p2w, its pay-to-fantasize lol.
    Isn't that every game ever made? Aren't games just fantasies?
    Babuinix
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    NorseGod said:

Holy crap, man...

Please do not post any of your private videos. 

Thank you.

Have fun
    Babuinix
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:

That's the only ones people who know nothing about the game can have something to say while pretending it matters  :D
    Holy crap, man...

OK, now there's a job you couldn't pay me enough to sign up for.

;)
    Amathe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Albatroes said:
    I've always believed the best games are the ones which only exist in player's imaginations.

Once a developer tries to deliver on these expectations the cold reality sets in on what actually can or will be delivered and then the bitterness and resentment sets in.

SovrathAmathe

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Kyleran said:
    Albatroes said:
    I've always believed the best games are the ones which only exist in player's imaginations.

Once a developer tries to deliver on these expectations the cold reality sets in on what actually can or will be delivered and then the bitterness and resentment sets in.

At least for a portion of players.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Kyleran said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:

Holy crap, man...

;)
    and it's soccer so everyone knows he's faking
    NorseGodKyleran
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    CIG announced a new ship at its recent 'Aegis VIP' event.

To buy tickets for the event you needed to have spent over $1000 on Star Citizen, the tickets were $275 per head and in return for your $275 you got the privilege of being pitched a new $675 ship for you to spend your money on...

Holy moly....

lets see if I get it.

so you have to spend over 1k on this game to to buy a ticket for 275 so you have a chance to spend even more 675?

where I came from that is called a scam, it diferent on your side of world guys?
    Viper482
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    CIG announced a new ship at its recent 'Aegis VIP' event.

To buy tickets for the event you needed to have spent over $1000 on Star Citizen, the tickets were $275 per head and in return for your $275 you got the privilege of being pitched a new $675 ship for you to spend your money on...

Holy moly....

lets see if I get it.

so you have to spend over 1k on this game to to buy a ticket for 275 so you have a chance to spend even more 675?

where I came from that is called a scam, it diferent on your side of world guys?
    That's what I'm seeing too. Who in their right mind is excited to have paid enough to pay more to see a ship they can buy? 
    Amathe
    lets see if I get it.

You don't get it.

You have to spend around 55 $ to get a basic package and starter ship.

In the past you could get that starter package as cheap as 20 bucks.

Then you can get that minelayer ship in the original post with in game money after the game has launched. No extra real world money needed.

If you have MORE real-world money and want to support the crowdfunding of this project, you can spend as much extra as you want and get more packages and ships. But you do not need to.

Keep in mind that you can only fly one ship at a time.  Also bigger ships are not automatically better ships. They just fulfill a different, specific role in the universe of Star Citizen.

Have fun
    That's what I'm seeing too. Who in their right mind is excited to have paid enough to pay more to see a ship they can buy? 
    The same people that go to events where they donate money to support a project or cause they like.

There are a lot of those people on Earth, supporting a lot of different projects and causes.

You may not understand their motives. But that is okay. You do not have to. Its their life.

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    The same people that go to events where they donate money to support a project or cause they like.

There are a lot of those people on Earth, supporting a lot of different projects and causes.

You may not understand their motives. But that is okay. You do not have to. Its their life.

Have fun
    Are you comparing people donating money to something like cancer research to a video game project that is limping along because a has been doesn’t know how to not micromanage?
    Kefo said:
    Are you comparing people donating money to something like cancer research to a video game project that is limping along because a has been doesn’t know how to not micromanage?
    Some people donate money for cancer research. Some people support ant breeding. Others support the development of sex toys. Still others throw their money at certain politicians. etc.

I do not judge. To each his own.

Have fun
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    The whales that think just because you can buy some of these ships with in game currency fail to mention how much of an advantage they will have over the people that will have to spend months trying to afford one. 
    Viper482
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    $675 will buy you a lot of fun in Vegas. More fun than you could ever have in a pretend spaceship. 
    Viper482

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Albatroes said:

Caught in a landslide. No escape from reality.

kenguru23bartoni33
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited August 2019
    Kyleran said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:

;)
    And you would have to sit by the timeclock in the Marketing Department
    Post edited by NorseGod on
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Erillion said:
    lets see if I get it.

You don't get it.

Then you can get that minelayer ship in the original post with in game money after the game has launched. No extra real world money needed.

If you have MORE real-world money and want to support the crowdfunding of this project, you can spend as much extra as you want and get more packages and ships. But you do not need to.

Keep in mind that you can only fly one ship at a time.  Also bigger ships are not automatically better ships. They just fulfill a different, specific role in the universe of Star Citizen.

Have fun

yeah I don't get it you are saying something who ahve nothing to do what I was saying.

NorseGod
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Amathe said:
    $675 will buy you a lot of fun in Vegas. More fun than you could ever have in a pretend spaceship. 
    Who are you to judge what others consider fun?

For instance cheap booze, gambling and hoes are not MY idea of fun.

Have fun

Amathe
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Erillion said:
    lets see if I get it.

You don't get it.

Have fun

yeah I don't get it you are saying something who ahve nothing to do what I was saying.

Dancers gotta dance, yo.
    edited August 2019

Which is why I said you do not get it.

Yes, it is different on my side of the world (=Europe).

If people want to support a project with their money - hey, more power to them. They do not have to. But if they want to, i thank them for buying tickets and supporting something that i look forward to. Star Citizen meetings - free or with paid tickets - are meetings of friends, with a great atmosphere and a shared interest.  There are many more free events than those with paid tickets. Something for everyone.

Have fun
    Amathe
    edited August 2019
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Some people donate money for cancer research. Some people support ant breeding. Others support the development of sex toys. Still others throw their money at certain politicians. etc.

I do not judge. To each his own.

Have fun
    I certainly can't cast any stones, when it comes to my annual church donations I'd put most of these SC whales to shame.

It's  a bit of a race to see who will collect first, SC backers or me.

;)

So do not do anything (too) drastic in the near future :-) 

Have fun