Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Star Citizen Video Focuses On Quality Assurance Team - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Star Citizen Video Focuses On Quality Assurance Team - MMORPG.com

In a new video (via MassivelyOP), Inside Star Citizen highlights the QA team behind Star Citizen.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlennNorseGod[Deleted User]

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Gotta make sure this flight/walking simulator is up to snuff.
    NorseGodSyphin_Bdinogninfomatzgastovski1
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Everytime I see this guy he looks more and more like John Candy.
    SyPHoN25swagholeLeFantome[Deleted User]NonemanefoxgirlAgent_Josephmrputts
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 449
    This game is such a joke  
    ScellowNorseGodmoroelLeFantomeViper482Phoenix_HawkSyphin_Bceratop001NonemaneCyberFrogand 7 others.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Starting to think that Poorna Shankar is an gaming article robot that never sleeps. Such a savage.
    ScotThupli
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Quality of what? Tech demo?
    WhiteLanternNonemaneRhygarthgastovski1Agent_Joseph

Thank you for your time!

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited August 2019
    The shocking news here is, CIG has a QA Team.
    Phoenix_HawkRhygarthinfomatz
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

Asheram said:

He's getting fat off all that money these chumps keep sending him.
    NorseGodAsheramPhoenix_HawkCyberFrogklash2defqomaRhygarthgastovski1
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Next they might even make a game development team. Probably planned for the future. 
    NorseGodAsheramkenguru23wormeddoomexNonemaneRhygarthgastovski1
    edited August 2019
    Xarko said:
    Next they might even make a game development team. Probably planned for the future. 
    Looks like somebody needs to be answered with a pretty screenshot video and stop questioning the obvious.
    kenguru23BalianWolfieinfomatzalkarionlog
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    Yeah If only there was something for backers to have fun while the game is developed... :(

Viper482NorseGodPhaserlightErillionwinghaven1alkarionlog
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

Babuinix said:

Yeah If only there was something for backers to have fun while the game is developed... :(

Whatever makes you feel better. Hope you're young so you can actually get a full game some day.
    NorseGodSyphin_B[Deleted User]Rhygarthinfomatzalkarionlog
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823

Babuinix said:

Can't fault how it looks and sure driving and flying is fun, but that's not enough gameplay wise not by a galactic megaparsec.
    NorseGodViper482Rhygarthinfomatz
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    Look how fat he looks now..he is just scamming money out of people with a game that will never be finished..i dont know why people cant see it..they must be blind or lesser int.
    Viper482

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    Scot said:
    Can't fault how it looks and sure driving and flying is fun, but that's not enough gameplay wise not by a galactic megaparsec.
    Fortunately there's a bit more to it to go along

Dogfighting, Multicrew or FPS gameplay...
    Trading...

Bounty Hunting...

Delivery Missions...
    Investigation & Exploration

Racing
    Mining...
    ;)
    NorseGodErillionGrindcoreTHRALLJoeBlober[Deleted User]Scot
    edited August 2019
    Viper482 said:

Asheram said:

He's getting fat off all that money these chumps keep sending him.
    If given the chance, I wonder which question I would ask this QA team, first.

Post edited by NorseGod on
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Babuinix said:

Scot said:

Trading...

Bounty Hunting...

Delivery Missions...

Racing
    Mining...
    ;)

Looks like a good game that your grandkids will enjoy 'when' it finally comes out.
    HiromantViper482RhygarthAgent_Josephalkarionlog
    edited August 2019
    Albatroes said:

Babuinix said:

Scot said:

Looks like a good game that your grandkids will enjoy 'when' it finally comes out.
    They don't have to. You can do all those things already in various other games. I don't know why he keeps spamming this everywhere.

Just off the top of my head:

Dogfighting - SWG, SWTOR, EVE, WW2 Online, WarThunder
    Multicrew - SWG, WW2 Online
    FPS - PS2, DayZ, PUBG, Division
    Trading - EQ, WoW, EVE, Entropia Universe, BDO
    Bounty Hunting - SWG, EVE, WoW BFA
    Delivery Missions - WoW, EVE, BDO, Anarchy Online
    Investigation & Exploring - EVE, Secret World, SWTOR
    Racing - SWG, EVE, BDO
    Mining - WOW, SWG, EVE

Let me know when the QA Team passes Hiring NPCs to crew your ship, spindles, ship modules to configure my ship for different roles, etc etc.

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217
    Don't worry guys. Star Citizen will totally release.
    XarkoErillionjunzo316[Deleted User]infomatzgastovski1Agent_JosephNorseGod
    Don't worry guys. Star Citizen will totally release.
    So did Anthem.

Oh, I see what you did there. lol
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

NorseGod said:

Albatroes said:

Babuinix said:

Scot said:

They don't have to. You can do all those things already in various other games. I don't know why he keeps spamming this everywhere.

Just off the top of my head:

Dogfighting - SWG, SWTOR, EVE, WW2 Online, WarThunder
    Multicrew - SWG, WW2 Online
    FPS - PS2, DayZ, PUBG, Division
    Trading - EQ, WoW, EVE, Entropia Universe, BDO
    Bounty Hunting - SWG, EVE, WoW BFA
    Delivery Missions - WoW, EVE, BDO, Anarchy Online
    Investigation & Exploring - EVE, Secret World, SWTOR
    Racing - SWG, EVE, BDO
    Mining - WOW, SWG, EVE

Let me know when the QA Team passes Hiring NPCs to crew your ship, spindles, ship modules to configure my ship for different roles, etc etc.

All of these features also exist in Warframe lol
    NorseGodchojin2kThupli
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Is this a first for CIG? like seriously!
    NorseGod
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    TimEisen said:

Asheram said:

If a bunch of marks gave me hundreds of millions for concept art Id look the same, blend that money up with olive oil and a carton of icecream for breakfast. When you got that kinda money you can just talk to Thiel for some fresh blood to cure the consequences.

For the record, Im one of the marks.
    John Candy was awesome, thats the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thumbnail so I hope its seen more as friendly ribbing and not as an insult.
    NorseGod
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    From the very first few seconds of the video,something stuck out that reminded me of what people were saying years ago about Mr.Roberts.
    That prior subject was about Chris spending...wasting a lot of time playing Mr.Hollywood ,making videos.

So before i begin,i have ALWAYS had the notion that ANYTHING you say can be said from the heart,no speeches or pre written documents are needed...unless you are trying to be FAKE.Example a president is as fake as it gets.,very little is said that is not pre rehearsed and very little is the actual truth.

So the video begins and right away this guy is rambling off words that sound like a prepared speech...sigh.Then a series of shorts with editing and panning of the camera.Yep this looks like nothing more than Mr'Robert's playing Hollywood director again.

"Quality assurance" is a rather simple topic,at least to me it is.I am sure as the video goes on there is talk of the procedure and likely makes sense.I have heard all this before from a Blizzard employee fully describing the process and what i took away from that is often it is a waste of time.

"waste of time"reasons?Well first of all the employees are what i would call "low class employees",testers etc etc.They answer to a field boss/supervisor who then decides what should be brought up to his boss.Often that Boss doesn't want much to do with anyone below him in the ranks.Then there is a pecking order,what is considered priority or the OTHER pile considered,likely not going to look at it pile.

The overall picture?These testing/bug phases do not amount to much,i have seen it in factual form,beta testing bugs,notable ones,still there on release day.Then we need to realize that this team has already make their excuse>>>EARLY access,there is EXPECTED to be bugs.Until this game is announced as RELEASED,we really should not be hearing about much ado about nothing important.Mr>Roberts seems to have his priorities in the wrong order,FINISH the game,announce it as released,then discuss the bug reporting,i mean this is a video meant for NON players,insiders would already know about bug reporting anyhow.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited August 2019

Asheram said:

TimEisen said:

Asheram said:

If a bunch of marks gave me hundreds of millions for concept art Id look the same, blend that money up with olive oil and a carton of icecream for breakfast. When you got that kinda money you can just talk to Thiel for some fresh blood to cure the consequences.

For the record, Im one of the marks.

John Candy was awesome, thats the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thumbnail so I hope its seen more as friendly ribbing and not as an insult.

I wouldn't want Chris Roberts associated with John Candy or his second coming because he was irreplaceable! this guy is just fat on cash end of subject.

its obvious hes cosplaying as Fat Elon Musk
    Asheramklash2def
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Babuinix said:

Scot said:

Trading...

Bounty Hunting...

Delivery Missions...

Racing
    Mining...
    ;)

And still no story or real soul to this game. It's like creating an empty Twinkie. It might look good on the outside, but it's hollow on the the inside and has no sweet filling to even bother having another. Plus you can do all of what you have shown in many other games, only it isn't pointless.

You aren't going to convince anyone this game is awesome. I'm glad you are easily entertained with shallow experiences, I guess there is market for everyone, it's just not most of us who game.
    NorseGodViper482
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter