Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge To Receive Major Content Update This Fall - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge To Receive Major Content Update This Fall - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge is set to receive a major new content update this fall, as outlined on the Trion Worlds site.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Good to see AA in competent hands ..:)
    velimiriusalkarionlog
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Battle Royale... yawn.
    [Deleted User]DrunkWolfvelimiriusGilcroixgastovski1Phrykertinalkarionlog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited August 2019

Scorchien said:

Bit naive to think this wasn't in negotiation before Gamigo & that the same lead for AA then is still spearheading Gamigo today though I agree with you 100% Khrolan is awesome.
  • fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Ugh. BR ;/ I am so sick of that genre.

If a game was created from the ground up as a BR, I can accept that. Perhaps the developers are implementing new ideas and are making things better. HOWEVER, when a non-BR game adds BR functionality, it just looks like a cheap move...

Look at us! We're cool! We're hip! Buy our game!
    [Deleted User]DrunkWolfceratop001infomatzvelimiriusgastovski1
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019

fcwedd said:

Ugh. BR ;/ I am so sick of that genre.

If a game was created from the ground up as a BR, I can accept that. Perhaps the developers are implementing new ideas and are making things better. HOWEVER, when a non-BR game adds BR functionality, it just looks like a cheap move...

Look at us! We're cool! We're hip! Buy our game!

I'm not really going to support AA, but I will say BR is perfectly fine as just a mode, not an entire game. BDO did have the 'right' idea in how they did their BR originally by making it so it has mmorpg related rewards for participating (they just screwed up how to handle hackers and the sort). Honestly, I'm in favor of more mmorpgs adopting pvp-eque modes like this.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    I see no problem with a BR pvp game event, not like they are redoing the whole game for it.

Big thing with AA is the new B2P version actually going to be free of P2W or not. If it is might actually be worth looking into. Archeage has always been a really good game that was utterly destroyed by mass scale p2w and ppl with armies of alts to bypass the labor limit.

Might try it again... who knows maby the 7th time will be different......? Waiting to see some more information first and see what will be the "Non-p2w cashshop"
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Cash shop items and microtransactions are not content its digital garbage!
    Phryalkarionlog
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Had a lot of fun in this gake when it came out, maybe worth a new character level up. it's always fun to find out fun builds to play in this game.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    cool they are adding a new class, which essentially creates a ton of combo possiblities
  • WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21
    If your rich in real life then decide to play mmo, then you pay to win that game - people rage lul :3
    gastovski1alkarionlog
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    A new skillset, dubbed Swiftblade, will debut and is described as a melee skillset designed to strike out at enemies from stealth.

i tho that existed already
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Warlyx said:
    A new skillset, dubbed Swiftblade, will debut and is described as a melee skillset designed to strike out at enemies from stealth.

i tho that existed already
    Most likely, but some will probably buy it anyway, this is all just another cash grab, they are likely trying to cash in as much as they can, while they can. :/
    alkarionlog
  • PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    If done right the naval br could be quite good and fun .
    alkarionlog
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If done right the naval br could be quite good and fun .
    There are already games that exist that have that covered and likely do it better and with more features than is possible within Archeage. :/
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    see everyone here who is wanting to try? that is why AA state is that bad, people still gives money for crap, so why make something good?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

see everyone here who is wanting to try? that is why AA state is that bad, people still gives money for crap, so why make something good?

AA's state is bad because people are wanting to try things they added things to the game to offer more variety?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited August 2019
    I mean the game offers a ton of content for a majority of playstyles. If unchained doesn't turn p2w (highly doubtful), I would certainly give it another go myself.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Did they scrap the cash shop?
    KiwiHype said:

Scorchien said:

Bit naive to think this wasn't in negotiation before Gamigo & that the same lead for AA then is still spearheading Gamigo today though I agree with you 100% Khrolan is awesome.

Its a bit naive to think this was not said as tongue in cheek ,

Ive made this comment in several threads , and its not so much a Testament to Gamigo as a direct shot at the incompetence of Trion .. it also triggers white knights :)
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Like many others I paid money as a backer and alpha/beta tester. Now you want me to buy the same game again after how many attempts to change the image of AA? Unless there is some compelling reason I shall pass.
    edited August 2019

Scorchien said:

Ive made this comment in several threads , and its not so much a Testament to Gamigo as a direct shot at the incompetence of Trion .. it also triggers white knights :)

I'm not triggered by the fact what you say is completely wrong void of any actual context or having any clue who you are - which is what is required to get that you meant anything worthwhile. I'm triggered that this site continues to make gamers look clueless & plain spiteful as much as it does. Most of y'all are adults but it's honestly not obvious a large percentage of the time. Slap whatever labels you want on me it means nothing I just hope for more from grown ups who ferment in their forum bitterness sometimes (from thread to thread) as regularly as some of y'all do.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Demuerte said:

Like many others I paid money as a backer and alpha/beta tester. Now you want me to buy the same game again after how many attempts to change the image of AA? Unless there is some compelling reason I shall pass.

Can't you just carry on playing the "old cash shop" version? And its just the "vanity cash shop" version that people will have to buy?

The impression I got anyway but check the details.

Can't find any mention of a cost for this either - does that mean its a "free" content drop? For both versions.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

KiwiHype said:

Scorchien said:

Bod.

I think the key for AA players (that previously played via Trion) is that whilst all around there has been chaos the game is still up and running.
    KiwiHype said:

Scorchien said:

I'm not triggered by the fact what you say is completely wrong void of any actual context or having any clue who you are - which is what is required to get that you meant anything worthwhile. I'm triggered that this site continues to make gamers look clueless & plain spiteful as much as it does. Most of y'all are adults but it's honestly not obvious a large percentage of the time. Slap whatever labels you want on me it means nothing I just hope for more from grown ups who ferment in their forum bitterness sometimes (from thread to thread) as regularly as some of y'all do.

Very misguided , missing the entire point  and completely off base , and the White Knight was not for you at all .. you need to visit more often ....

edited August 2019
    Gervaise: Yes Legacy will run at the same time separately to Unchained. Only the Pass prices have been shared they last for 3 months and are $10.

Launch date & other info coming this week.

Scorchien said:
     Very misguided , missing the entire point  and completely off base , and the White Knight was not for you at all .. you need to visit more often .... 

Not misguided at all I just read properly, you keep expecting folks to read between the lines & understand a whole ton of things that aren't apparent - ain't nobody (with a life) got time for that including visiting here often though in my case it's more because of aesthetics than content heh (I hate the way the emotes cover some of the comments/responses & how quoted responses are visually -Please fix B & C Ty!)
    Enjoy your weekend y'all it's gorgeous out there!