Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New In-Game Trailer for Ashes of Creation MMORPG Released - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    Mythla said:

APThug said:

I'm excited for this game, but I think this trailer was pretty bad and generic looking.

I got the chance to play the pvp of this game back during pax east, and thought it was meh. They did a complete 180 with this new direction though.

Oh lord...is this really just another MMO with combat from the year 2000 where players and mobs just stand there trading hits? Why? Who wants that in 2019?

The Lord isn't available right now. He's playing WoW Classic.
    Kyleran
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    Dvora said:

Myrdynn said:

lot of cgi, but looks great...2025?

eh, CGI is "computer generated imagery" all video games are 100% CGI lol.
    Not quite the whole story.

The difference is "pre-rendered" versus "real-time".

This footage is "real-time".
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

Mendel said:

Nice video, but really no sign of this being in-game footage rather than a cinematic thing made with a development tool.  The camera panning around keeping everything in frame is a dead giveaway that the camera isn't under player control.

Have you thought maby that the players play the game while a dev using camera mode to record?
    Kyleran
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    edited August 2019
    Maurgrim said:

Mendel said:

Nice video, but really no sign of this being in-game footage rather than a cinematic thing made with a development tool.  The camera panning around keeping everything in frame is a dead giveaway that the camera isn't under player control.

Have you thought maby that the players play the game while a dev using camera mode to record?
    It is a possibility, but unlikely.  Look at the coordination between the characters.  Players (and dinos) moving in the exact same direction, with a minimum of straying.  The mounted and dismounted characters are facing within 2 or 3 degrees of one another.  The formations of player movement hold together far better than any group of players could (or would).  Even the small movements of weapons are synchronized.

Log into any game you choose, get a total of 4 or 5 characters and try to coordination them with similar results.  It is next to impossible.  Game play?  I think not.

Like @Limnic said earlier, it might be in-engine graphics, but that engine is being used as a development platform to create this video.

Edited to credit @Limnic.

kenguru23

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SpiritalkerSpiritalker Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Stop to make video who have nothing to do with the game/gameplay and are only there for investisors. Make game as you present it when you put it in backing and stop listening the mourners who always complain on internet ....

U show us a game, we backed for it, then do it
    Gdemami
  • Dem1urgeDem1urge Member UncommonPosts: 11
    *yawn* Yet another swords and sorcery game. Where's the superhero genre and the post-apoc genre? We don't have enough of those.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Guess they decided to get back to work on the real game after how poorly their BattleRoyale with a cash shop went.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• kenguru23kenguru23 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    anemo said:
    Guess they decided to get back to work on the real game after how poorly their BattleRoyale with a cash shop went.
    How bad did it go? I saw it in steam with mostly negative reviews but shortly after it disappeared... How was it?