Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delete

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
edited December 2019 in Star Citizen
delete
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
Post edited by NorseGod on
AlverantGdemami

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited December 2019
    delete
    Alverant
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I gave up following the guy or his news,i just know he is a can among developers.Even games he released were way over budget and saved by Microsoft.

The way SC is operated is a no risk for Robert's,he puts nothing on the line,he is living the high life.I have also long believed he and his lawyer buddy have some sort of arrangement where they also do not pay any taxes but give themselves huge salaries,more than one salary,like several salaries.

The biggest deception is all the LLC's and businesses tied into the SC game.There is a lot going on there with funds and safety nets.I doubt even 1% of all the backers understand what is really going on,i guess if dumb enough to give this guy so much free money,they wouldn't now anyhow.

I am all for businesses and some mild loopholes but when all these subsidiaries are just owned by the same people,it becomes a CORRUPT operation.I mean if all of this was LEGIT "it is not"then of course for example Robert's would not want to be held liable for some actions his subsidiaries did but when it is in reality him and his few partners,it is the same people.

You really have to understand how LLC's and loopholes work to allow corrupt business owners to not pay their bills,get out of lawsuits etc etc to understand just how corrupt such a system is.Do your research on why Donald Trump doesn't pay or has not paid taxes in over 16 years and you'll understand more.

You can call it all legal,i am not,imo Robert's is a criminal exploiting money from naive people.The sad reality that like in most legal cases,exploitation is often only looked at if children or handicap people are involved,stupid people are laughed at.
    NorseGodgervaise1Gdemamisumdumguy1Hatefull

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2019
    Re research: 1991, 1992, 1992, 1992, 2004, 2009. Goes to show that corporate bankruptcy doesn't matter.
    NorseGod
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Chris Roberts as an idea man or when he has someone standing over his shoulder cracking the whip is decent. But as soon as he is given free reign and no one above him to slap some sense into him is when he will run the business into the ground 
    NorseGodScotcmacqHatefull
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited August 2019
    I call these kinds of people bullshitters. Any bullshitter with a great idea can become rich and or powerful, been a thing since forever. As long as there are gullible people with more money then sense, these snake oil salesmen will proliferate. I've worked with bullshitters, they are lazy and don't know shit, but everyone thinks the world of them because they are good at bullshitting.

Thing is they don't even need to defend themselves, they have the folks who invest in their bullshit doing the work. And when they do defend themselves what they say is gospel. You aren't going to change the fans mind because they are in full kowtow and boot licking mode. These bullshitters just sit back and laugh all the way to the bank. I swear there is probably an old Twilight zone episode that put it well.

NorseGodGdemamiArglebargle
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited August 2019
    Like(d) the idea and premise of the game. Even purchased a nice ship, hanger and life time insurance in the very beginning. But after many years of more words and not much to show for it, something had to be done. Thank goodness for eBay and people that will buy a ship for a lot more than it was initially purchased for. :)
    NorseGod
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    It's the project that never ends
    Yes it goes on and on my friends
    Some gamers started making it not knowing what it was
    They'll continue making it forever just because
    This is the project that never ends...
    KefoArglebargle
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    yeah i bough a ship early on since we need a decent space mmo and there idear had merit, but unfortunanetly i doubt we will ever see it released atleast not the great game it should of been taking how much capital they had. dam if only eve didnt become crap i would not care that this is a flop lol.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    If you dont think you can handle the inherent risks of crowdfunding or developing video-games I dont suggest backing it. But if you do:

;) 
    mmolou[Deleted User]
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Babuinix said:
    If you dont think you can handle the inherent risks of crowdfunding or developing video-games I dont suggest backing it. But if you do:

;) 
    Its not whether I could handle the risks of crowdfunding or developing video games as you mentioned. That I can handle. However loosing faith in the developer after years is real. Still have the account and access to it all. So when/if things change it would be easy to jump back in. 
    mmolou
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Hence why I never have or never will invest anything into any crowdfunding.

Nebilim
    edited August 2019
    Well the first mistake would be putting too much money at stake based on faith for something you cant control.
    edited December 2019
    Crying No Refunds when CIG has a refund policy better than any game store is golden  :D
    Erillion
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    So it is not legit to look in to a guy's background before investing money with him?  I didnt actually know any of this.

edited December 2019
    edited August 2019
    flizzer said:
    So it is not legit to look in to a guy's background before investing money with him?  I didnt actually know any of this.

Well, many were too busy looking at the shiny trailers that they forgot crowdfunding is not a preorder, that gamedev can take many years and projects change along the way.

Once reality settled, for some the extreme hype turned Into extreme frustration and the inevitable depression along with it. It became easier to project these frustrations into anything other than to admit their own faults.

It's a known a coping mechanism and the reason of why some die hard haters have kept such an emotional obsessive negative fixation with this game despite all these years.

The only way for them to get some closure would be seing the whole project go down. They dont care about the constant progress and updates. It's not about a video-game anymore, it's about vindication. lol
    edited December 2019
    Tiller said:
    I call these kinds of people bullshitters. Any bullshitter with a great idea can become rich and or powerful, been a thing since forever. As long as there are gullible people with more money then sense, these snake oil salesmen will proliferate. I've worked with bullshitters, they are lazy and don't know shit, but everyone thinks the world of them because they are good at bullshitting.

Thing is they don't even need to defend themselves, they have the folks who invest in their bullshit doing the work. And when they do defend themselves what they say is gospel. You aren't going to change the fans mind because they are in full kowtow and boot licking mode. These bullshitters just sit back and laugh all the way to the bank. I swear there is probably an old Twilight zone episode that put it well.

Re research: 1991, 1992, 1992, 1992, 2004, 2009.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I don't mind crowdfunding.  The only one I regret was RG and Shadow of the Avatar.  He had enough to do it himself if he believed in it.  Why take the risk if you don't have to though right?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Roberts does in many ways remind me of Peter Molyneux, another ideas man that need a very well defined box around him to not go overboard entirely. 

We need them in as so far that someone has to do the crazy but not functional so others can refine and produce something a bit less outlandish but very much working... Blizzard i think is/used to be (depending on how you look at it) the best example of this other side. 

So i see value in people like Chris and Peter and the stuff they do... I am just very careful about buying their projects
    NorseGodbartoni33Erillionkenguru23

This have been a good conversation

edited December 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:

Do you think that's why no studios will hire him? Because of all the studios he bankrupted, so they gave him a hard pass this time?
    Re research: 1991, 1992, 1992, 1992, 2004, 2009. Sure doesn't look - in the US anyway - that people have any problems believing what people with a (pretty long) history of bankruptcies spout.