Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acer XFA240 Gaming 144Hz GSYNC Compatible Monitor Review - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAcer XFA240 Gaming 144Hz GSYNC Compatible Monitor Review - MMORPG.com

When Nvidia announced that they would be allowing adaptive sync monitors outside of their GSYNC ecosystem to use the sync functionality of their GPUs, I was personally pretty excited. As someone who, until recently, didn’t own a GSYNC monitor purely because of the cost associated with the panels, I was looking forward to seeing how some of the Freesync displays on the market would fare. Enter the Acer XFA240 24” Gaming GSYNC Compatible monitor. With a refresh rate of 144hz and labeled as one of the few monitors to be GSYNC Compatible, is the Acer worth its salt?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited August 2019
    You can get the DELL 27" for cheaper....yes it too is GSYNC compatible. 2ms response is only real difference. That and the Acer one in the article has 13% of its reviews at 1 star. Huge red flag.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4SXNQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    That entire monitor costs only slightly more than the G-Sync tax alone would be. Good thing that Nvidia finally decided to support Adaptive Sync, rather than only their proprietary version of it.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Monitor expert at Micro Center told me Gsync and FreeSync are total marketing bullshit and useless on high refresh rate monitor with GPU that’s adequate.

While proprietary hardware enabled sync tech is over priced, that guy is slightly full of shit. Using application controlled v-sync vs hardware enabled there is a night and day difference when it comes to these monitors. I would know since I actually own a g-sync monitor. After I bought it I noticed horrible tearing with the refresh rate cranked up, until I realized that by default g-sync was off, so I turned it on within the monitor and control panel, turned off the ingame v-sync and bam, smooth as can be. That all I needed.

Sinsai
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter