Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite Dangerous Fleet Carriers Arriving December, New September Update Outlined - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElite Dangerous Fleet Carriers Arriving December, New September Update Outlined - MMORPG.com

In a new press release, Frontier outlines details for their fleet carriers finally arriving to Elite Dangerous this December.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Looks impressive, I hate these articles they just remind me ED is still on my list and not played yet. :)
    gunklackerobii
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 557

Scot said:

Looks impressive, I hate these articles they just remind me ED is still on my list and not played yet. :)

Play that game! And get Saiteks, you'll have all the control!
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    another update for the whales,purchasable with a large amount of credits,dont get me wrong I like elite dangerous,but it always feels like its designed for players who have too much time and money.
    GdemamiLackingMMOrpmcmurphygastovski1LeFantomeDarthDowtyBonejokerMaurgrimNorseGodTacticalZombehand 1 other.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    sooo pretty much a mobile base?

natpick said:

another update for the whales,purchasable with a large amount of credits,dont get me wrong I like elite dangerous,but it always feels like its designed for players who have too much time and money.

games are supose to be like this no? who have time spend more time in game so they can progress more, with is ok and right to do, or you want that games who cash shop is there to skip the time invested?
    GdemamiBonejoker
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Scot said:

I'm in the same boat. Ship.

That said. Lord have mercy.
    gunklackerScotErillion
  • NirimetusNirimetus Member UncommonPosts: 34

natpick said:

Not sure what you are complaining about, I mean, the game is meant to be played and acquire any valuable thing by gathering resources or money in a long term play.
    In fact, I think any game should be like that imho, to at least keep a bit of interest.

Or you think it would be better to just do a 1-click-rich and buy anything you want?
    Gdemamiperrin82BonejokerMaurgrimErillion
  • mothermoymothermoy Member UncommonPosts: 9

natpick said:

Umm last time I checked only things whales can buy is cosmetic only. If anyone wants a carrier they have to put in the time like everyone else. No whaling here Jefe...
    Asm0deusGdemamiTacticalZombeh
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    This looks like an very nice & big addition to ED gaming. It is a game but I still consider it more simulator than game in the traditional sense for myself. It does have gorgeous visuals, & as much as this behemoth ship causes salivation I'm sure it will be years before being able to afford it. I don't play this enough, more of a casual play, to make proper use of such a beast of a ship neither.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    BizkitNL said:

Scot said:

I'm in the same boat. Ship.

That said. Lord have mercy.
    I've installed it and have a HOTAS here somewhere. . . 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Anyone know if they said how many creds it will cost?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I can't get past the tutorials, lose interest to quickly.
    [Deleted User]gastovski1

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527

natpick said:

Naw, no whales here. A whale is some one that throws real cash at a game to replace what others do with time in game.

No pay to win whale stuff here. Anyone that wants to make cash in the game just has to spend the time.

Once you learn the basics, you can start earning cash pretty dang easily. Once you have some reputation with a faction and have a decent ship, you can start to earn like 20 to 100 million an hour.

Hardest part is to figure out what you like to do.

Anyone that plays even semi regularly, will most likely have billions in their wallets, and not even really try for credits anymore.

These things will be mostly for people that play in groups anyhow. What is the point to have these if most any system you are in will have stations that will do everything you need anyhow? I can only think of a few reasons that i would ever want one of these...and one is just to say i have one:)

That having to schedule jumps is, depending on how long it takes, really not something most will want to deal with IMO.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Torval said:

I really freaking suck at this game. I can't get past the tutorials either.

This game helped me realize I hate flight sims. The only way I think to really play this game is with a HOTAS, and even then it helps to youtube other peoples set ups and do minor tweaking from there.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Asm0deus said:

Anyone know if they said how many creds it will cost?

Haven't seen any prices yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they were 1 billion credits...

Torval said:

I really freaking suck at this game. I can't get past the tutorials either.

Might be worth trying after next month's update. Quote from their announcement page says "This year's updates are focused on improving the starter experience for new commanders. We're adding a fully-voiced, in-game, in-ship tutorial, covering the basics of space flight, combat, traveling and scanning. "
    [Deleted User]
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    To give the game a try now, or to wait til fall when they apparently are adding a higher functioning tutorial?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I would give it a go now while it's on sale, if you find you need better tutorials at least you have the game already at the better price.
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Just bought this on sale. Enjoying it. Not sure it will become my main game but definately worth the money I paid.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Yeah, watched an hour plus tutorial on landing a ship and still was struggling. I really want to play and enjoy the "game" , not learn to fly an actual starship. Im guessing I dont love flight simulators. I thought this would be more x wing tie fighter in an open persistant universe.
    Gdemami
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Mardukk said:
    Yeah, watched an hour plus tutorial on landing a ship and still was struggling. I really want to play and enjoy the "game" , not learn to fly an actual starship. Im guessing I dont love flight simulators. I thought this would be more x wing tie fighter in an open persistant universe.
    ...standard WASD movement.

I never understood how people that use to play games with this familiar control scheme still having an issue with ED. The controls are the same.