Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats some Non Vanilla WoW features you would like to see get added to Classic WoW?

2»

Comments

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    I understand why some people don't want the dual spec thing back in the game, but in the end I think I'd want it.  Not having it is just an unnecessary hassle imo, people still work around it.
    jimmywolf
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    DMKano said:
    Cash shop level boost ;)
    This might be what Blizzard might want to introduce of course.

The OP's post is clearly heresy though.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    edited August 2019
    the graphical updates that happened over the years and texture upgrades on the old sets to make them look snappy without changing any of the core gameplay, time and time again I go back to old games with fond memories only to realize they graphically don't look as good as I remember them.
    Axxar
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    acidblood said:
    The ability to have a 2nd spec.

Specs should still only be changeable at a class trainer though, and you should still have to pay increasing costs to respec, it would just be a QoL thing so classes like Warrior and Priest could have a Tank / Healer spec without making the rest of the game almost unplayable.
    This is one I'd like to see as well. 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Shouldn't classic WoW be the game we played in nov 2004? Anything else isn't classic WoW.
    Yep, classic wow isn't the game we played in Nov 2004. It's patch 1.12 which was released on Aug 22 2006.
    It isn't even that. It already has things that weren't in 1.12 such as the dungeon group cap of 10 that wasn't in the game until 1.3. The cap from release to 1.3 was 40.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Iselin said:
    Shouldn't classic WoW be the game we played in nov 2004? Anything else isn't classic WoW.
    Yep, classic wow isn't the game we played in Nov 2004. It's patch 1.12 which was released on Aug 22 2006.
    It isn't even that. It already has things that weren't in 1.12 such as the dungeon group cap of 10 that wasn't in the game until 1.3. The cap from release to 1.3 was 40.
    ?

1.12 released about 1.5 years after patch 1.3

Vrika said:
    Iselin said:
    ?

You're right. In my mind I was reading 1.12 as 1.1.2 :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• kenguru23kenguru23 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Raid gear in the cash shop
    [Deleted User]
  • Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    zzzz
  • KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited August 2019
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Vrika said:
    Iselin said:
    ?

You're right. In my mind I was reading 1.12 as 1.1.2 :)
    It doesn't really matter because your point stands. It's not what it was and can't be. And in that light it's even more hilarious that one of the first things people want to do is make it even more not that way.

In my opinion they should have rebooted WoW taking the best parts and most loved features of their game versions and billing it as a get back to the roots of MMOs type of game. Then they wouldn't have had to live up to promises and the impossible expectations. They could have been creative with the content and left avenues open for a branching future.

Blizzard feels pretty stale to me right now.
    I get what you mean, Torval, but I really can't see Blizzard avoiding impossible expectations by going that route. I think, on their current tack, Blizzard while of course not being able to control expectations can at least have some limits in how they have to respond, id est 'we are only trying to be within reason faithful to the original.'

Let me say however I do love your idea. I mean that's a new MMORPG by a triple to the A developer, isn't it? I wish I could even hope that they would listen to you.
    [Deleted User]
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Not even out an you already want to change it.
    NorseGod
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    This thread is basically a litmus test.

You stay sassy!

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited August 2019
    Level 110 Token

Post edited by NorseGod on
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    New blue post from today about the much discussed LFG addon:

"We’ve been closely following the community discussion around this add-on for WoW Classic, as well as analyzing it to make sure we understand how it works. After careful examination, we believe the nature of ClassicLFG is incompatible with our social design for Classic. Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.

In line with what we shared at BlizzCon last year, we intend to be very careful about allowing add-on functionality that might undermine aspects of the social dynamics that are core to the Classic experience, even in cases like this where it’s clear that the addon author had no ill intent and was simply trying to provide a service to the Classic community. Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client.

It’s difficult to articulate a clear-cut rule for exactly when an add-on crosses the line. However, when an add-on goes beyond presenting information or providing aesthetic customization, and attempts to create an interconnected social network that relies on other players also using that same add-on, we are likely to scrutinize it particularly closely."

[Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I would say transmogs, but that's about it. Everything appearance wise in vanilla was terrible so it may not even matter.