Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats some Non Vanilla WoW features you would like to see get added to Classic WoW?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
whats some Non Vanilla WoW features you would like to see get added to Classic WoW?

for me, all the new Battleground would be a nice addition under the old Honor system. 

also the wardrobe system would be nice.

Cant forget the new classes, would also be nice change.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Cheaper mount training  :p

Honestly though i will put up with expensive riding skill if it means we don't get anything from BfA. ;)
    Thupli
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Phry said:
    Cheaper mount training  :p

Honestly though i will put up with expensive riding skill if it means we don't get anything from BfA. ;)
    what you mean? never played BFA so have no idea

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    games shit
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    History already answered this: all of them.
    klash2def

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    This : 

Premade groups. Spamming chat every 10-20 seconds to look for that tank or healer or even "+1 DPS go go go" is .. not cool. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Shouldn't classic WoW be the game we played in nov 2004? Anything else isn't classic WoW.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    IceAge said:
    This : 

Premade groups. Spamming chat every 10-20 seconds to look for that tank or healer or even "+1 DPS go go go" is .. not cool. 
    There's an addon that is replacing that feature for vanilla, it's pretty big in debate right now on whether or not it's ruining the classic experience. I think that there are pretty good arguments for and against it. I did hate spamming chat trying to find groups, but it definitely did require you to reach out to people to join groups, and usually involved talking to the leader prior to just joining up. Having even a premade group section could potentially kill most interaction regarding that and that goes towards the non social game we have today. 
  • Riqqy82Riqqy82 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Shouldn't classic WoW be the game we played in nov 2004? Anything else isn't classic WoW.
    Yep, classic wow isn't the game we played in Nov 2004. It's patch 1.12 which was released on Aug 22 2006.
    this is true, all the nerfs they made from 1.0 to 1.12 is kind of lame but blizzard has to have some kind of dick move to pull in everything they do, personally id like to see the graphics implemented as well as the improved attack ranges, one thing that gets me mad is the stance icons and abilities icons over the warriors head =(, id be ok with this if it was even throughout the board, but having in your face tells of what a warrior is doing is bogus considering there are about 100 abilities that dont have much for graphics so they can be choreographed as well

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I think add-ons can deal with most of these things.

Keep vanilla 1.12.

If they ever decide to change it, keep vanilla servers, and do copy character to new 1.13 realms that are being "tweaked".  Not everyone wants even small changes, such as more mail slots added.
    [Deleted User]
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Faster out of combat health and mana regen.
  • ronanxronanx Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Why do people want non classic features in classic? the whole point is to play it how it was.
    deniter[Deleted User][Deleted User]GeezerGamerGyva02Geeky
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Transmog system.
    Battle Pets
    Achievement system

My reason for this is, all that u can achieve in these 3 categories are still limited to vanilla wow but gives me a ton of extra things to do and chase ON LEVEL, unlike in BFA if I go back to early zones it's a cakewalk to do all 3 of these and just not very fun.
    jimmywolf
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    My initial response was going to be "nothing" but after reading Elocke's post i kind of miss achievements from WotLK. Just don't make them linkable on chat and figure some good use for achievement points.
    elocke
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    The ability to have a 2nd spec.

Specs should still only be changeable at a class trainer though, and you should still have to pay increasing costs to respec, it would just be a QoL thing so classes like Warrior and Priest could have a Tank / Healer spec without making the rest of the game almost unplayable.
    Iselin
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Bigger bags. More bank space. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    2v2 arena
    Jewel Crafting
    Glyphs (while they did their original thing of having a tangible and sometimes significant impact on abilities - I read they were now nerfed into doing nothing other than changing animations or something).
    DKs.
    The 81 point talent trees that were in the beta for Cataclysm before they destroyed the rpgs systems and gutted the talent trees.
    The class changes from BC to make some hybrid builds more viable.

What I definitely don't want is all the shit that added to WoW being destroyed, turned into less of an rpg, promoting the cookie-cutter fallacy, being more formulaic, or added to the elitism of baddies thinking they are good 

- these specific items that should never be allowed back in to wow would be

Dual Specs
    The Armory
    Achievements
    Dungeon/Raid group finder
    Transmog

I get almost everything I want if they release BC and WotLK servers.  On the bad side I would also have to put up with the groundwork that destroyed wow that was included with those expansions like dual specs, achievements, the armory, and group finder.  But not transmog at least.  
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited August 2019
    ronanx said:
    Why do people want non classic features in classic? the whole point is to play it how it was.
    Nope. Some do.

Personally I consider Vanilla also TBC and the first half of WOTLK, I am not a purist.

If they added to Classic all the WOTLK improvements I would be cool with it, minus flying of course.

Beyond that, there is nothing I would want added to it.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    All I want to see is Blizzard unscrew the pooch.
    (bets on if they can do it?)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    DMKano said:
    Cash shop level boost ;)
    Exactly!
    If you don't have the time or desire to play the game, pay someone else to do it for you.
  • KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I am ashamed of all of you.   :p
    Geekyelocke
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    this is going to be the conversation in less than 6 months. 

WoW "Classic" Players: "Hey Blizz can we get (insert any features from retail) it would make the game better"

Blizzard looking at everyone asking for retail features:

[Deleted User]
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    only a better UI; and I'd settle for the UI TBC had
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Better graphics and UI. Everything else the same.
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2019
    I would take 90% of FFXi but NOT add it to Wow because i don't really like Wow's world or setup/structure/combat/class design.
    So taking what i call a lot of good ideas and putting them in a bad game doesn't accomplish much at all.

What i would rather do is take bits and pieces from several games that i feel are good ideas and use those to make a HQ game.

One obvious feature is housing,then i need to see some variation of the sub class design.That is just the tip of the iceberg,way more than that to make a HQ mmorpg.

If i could mix all aspects of a mmorpg,it would likely be Atlas/FFXI/EQ2/ROM/SRO.There might be a few ideas in other games i am missing but this would be an amazing start to building a game.

People don't want content,they don't even want HQ game design,they want dungeons/bosses and loot and pvp.There are some games that is all they offer and are big sellers so i know i am right.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.