Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New In-Game Trailer for Ashes of Creation MMORPG Released - MMORPG.com

Comments

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    yea i got excited after i seen the 1st trailer a few years back...gonna take more than that after all this time. how about an hour of game play starting from character creation? surely after all this time you should be able to show the 1st few levels and some of the mechanics, crafting, etc.

you're trying to sell to a community of gamers that have been burned/disappointed time and time again...we don't fall for trailers.
    Octagon7711

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Mythla said:

APThug said:

I'm excited for this game, but I think this trailer was pretty bad and generic looking.

I got the chance to play the pvp of this game back during pax east, and thought it was meh. They did a complete 180 with this new direction though.

Oh lord...is this really just another MMO with combat from the year 2000 where players and mobs just stand there trading hits? Why? Who wants that in 2019?
    Enough people to spur Pantheon and this game. Some folks don't wanna play action combat spamming abilities while running around hitting your self heal and dodge abilities.
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    In game footage my ass.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019
    I look at this trailer, then look at the BR's steam review 'score' and think:
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • Gentrifried_ChickenGentrifried_Chicken Member UncommonPosts: 6
    That combat still looks stiff and boring af. The lack of mounted combat is disappointing. About the only thing that looks nice here is the lighting/rendering.
  • MrNylonMrNylon Member UncommonPosts: 22
    right.............
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441

Myrdynn said:

lot of cgi, but looks great...2025?

LMFTFY 2052

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm in a state of non-grippedness, I am completely smegging ungripped.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Mendel said:
    Nice video, but really no sign of this being in-game footage rather than a cinematic thing made with a development tool.  The camera panning around keeping everything in frame is a dead giveaway that the camera isn't under player control.

Probably more "in-engine".
    GdemamiOctagon7711TacticalZombehMendel
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

DrunkWolf said:

Vrika said:

This reminds me a bit of Atlas's in-game trailer: All that stuff likely exists in the game, but the trailer doesn't look like it has anything to do with actual gameplay experience.

this is the first thing i was thinking.

after Atlas i trust NO trailer.

Right. . and it said 'actual in-game footage" at the beginning only. That could of course mean the entire teaser. . or. . not. Also, I think "in-game footage" would have been enough :)

I have seen too many trailers like this. There are so many comparison videos of press releases, trailers and then comparing the actual game. . ATLAS was one Mortal Online was my favorite of all time with the "city lfe" teaser or whatever it was. We wait and see I guess.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499

Myrdynn said:

lot of cgi, but looks great...2025?

eh, CGI is "computer generated imagery" all video games are 100% CGI lol.
    Tiller
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

APThug said:

I'm excited for this game, but I think this trailer was pretty bad and generic looking.

I got the chance to play the pvp of this game back during pax east, and thought it was meh. They did a complete 180 with this new direction though.

Generic looking? Can you give me an example of what a non generic looking Fantasy MMO would look like? Or are you basically saying you are tired of ALL Fantasy based MMO's and they ALL look generic to you AND you are just using this gameplay trailer to make your point.
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    I hope this will play like classical lineage 2.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• skullhead51skullhead51 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    It kind of looks like they just threw this together to remind everyone "Hey guys we're still working on the mmorpg" after the BR beta on steam.  Also guessing they don't have good or working running animations for the griffons which is why they decided to foot charge the cavalry.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    "In-game" footage could mean a lot of things....calling bs.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited August 2019
    Viper482 said:
    "In-game" footage could mean a lot of things....calling bs.
    It looks just like the BR
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    You dudes are nuts. Best looking indie mmorpg outside of SC.
    Gdemamimcd6993
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Alvonu said:
    The griffons look pretty horrid imo.
    Especially that red one. It looked like it came from another MMO... maybe it got lost?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Goal of a trailer is to get people excited that they want to play the game, this didnt do it for me at all. 

Game is highly unlikely to sell well. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Isn’t this game a Battle Royale?
    I am confused.
    mcd6993[Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Textures? Nice. Actual animations/gameplay? Still awful.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Mythla said:

APThug said:

Oh lord...is this really just another MMO with combat from the year 2000 where players and mobs just stand there trading hits? Why? Who wants that in 2019?
    I want that
    kenguru23Kyleran
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited August 2019
    My thoughts while watching this...

- Pretty scenery. Unreal is a nice looking engine.
    - This.... is Jurassic Park
    - "Drop the bombs BEHIND the raptors after they've run through! They'll never see it coming! Nor will they care!"
    - "We're on flying mounts. We can drop colorful bombs from the air. But eff it.. Let's land and charge mounted soldiers on foot. Tactical Strategery. Also, these birds are expensive"
    - RANDOM LIGHTNING BOLT!
    - Dragons! Because Fantasy MMO!
    - Poor dragon makes this huge entrance, and no one seems to be around.
    - Fire in your throat, yep.. I know the feeling. Reflux is a bitch.

That's it. At no point did I feel interested in learning more about this game. I mean I already know about it. I know the major things they intend to achieve with it. Just saying, this was a pretty crappy trailer.

Or maybe it's actually happened, and I'm finally jaded with MMOs.
    [Deleted User]

looks more like cinematics than gameplay

"This is totally scripted and directed as a cinematic, but it's happening in the game engine, so we technically get to call it "in-game footage".
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    Well it looks interesting dragons, and Dino's. I thought there weren't going to be any flying mounts in this game except the top dog guild would have a dragon and yet here they show several people on Griffin's. Hmmm
    They need stuff for the cash shop.

Money > Gameplay Experience
    [Deleted User]