Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New In-Game Trailer for Ashes of Creation MMORPG Released - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew In-Game Trailer for Ashes of Creation MMORPG Released - MMORPG.com

A new in-game trailer for Ashes of Creation MMORPG has released.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Bill Murphy, Puppetmaster!
    [Deleted User]MrNylonrensta
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 542
    I'm excited for this game, but I think this trailer was pretty bad and generic looking.
    I got the chance to play the pvp of this game back during pax east, and thought it was meh. They did a complete 180 with this new direction though.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    That teaser looks a little too good to be true. Dragons, flying mounts, dinos, time will tell I guess.
    Viper482anemo

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Stranger12311Stranger12311 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    looks more like cinematics than gameplay
    MendelAlomarOctagon7711gastovski1acidbloodViper482tweedledumb99
  • pwnasauruspwnasaurus Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Dismount your griffon to foot charge the oncoming cavalry. Fucking genius Intrepid.
    [Deleted User]AlomarGroqstrongGentrifried_ChickenStonedeyeesc-joconnorLokeroSabracrenstafoppoteeand 4 others.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    5 raptors are leaving their nest to attack a metropolis wtf lol
    GreatnessOctagon7711sausagemixtweedledumb99
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Those dinos would make nice Scooby Snacks for the dragon.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Looks good, but the proof will be in the delivery.
  • PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Well it looks interesting dragons, and Dino's. I thought there weren't going to be any flying mounts in this game except the top dog guild would have a dragon and yet here they show several people on Griffin's. Hmmm
    AlomarAlvonu
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Nice video, but really no sign of this being in-game footage rather than a cinematic thing made with a development tool.  The camera panning around keeping everything in frame is a dead giveaway that the camera isn't under player control.

[Deleted User]AlomarViper482ScotMaurgrim

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Looks like a turd to me, had some amount of faith very early on for this title, not so much anymore.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    lot of cgi, but looks great...2025?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    This reminds me a bit of Atlas's in-game trailer: All that stuff likely exists in the game, but the trailer doesn't look like it has anything to do with actual gameplay experience.
    [Deleted User]kenguru23TacticalZombeh

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I like that it doesn't look cartoony... it looks realistic like ESO.

Sz :)
    DhampirDvora
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    meh. nothing that caught my eye yet. I havent follow Ashes at all. I have read a few posts in regards to it and gather there is plenty of drama surrounding the title. From my perspective, someone who knows little about the game, the video just looked like another cinematic trailer, with nothing that caught my eye to make me want to look further into it.
  • ronanxronanx Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Dragons were cool in 2004, now not so much.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    HIUDOMINO said:
    Poker BRI 24 Jam HIUDOMINO – Saat ini Permainan poker online adalah permainan yang bisa kamu nikmati
    I have to agree with your point of view here. 
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Vrika said:

This reminds me a bit of Atlas's in-game trailer: All that stuff likely exists in the game, but the trailer doesn't look like it has anything to do with actual gameplay experience.

this is the first thing i was thinking.

after Atlas i trust NO trailer.
    [Deleted User]AlomarLife2vAethaerynTacticalZombeh
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Graphics are beautiful but the 2 seconds of actual combat shown look like something from the early 2000's.

Mend and Defend

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    To much atmospheric fog, or smog. It's either to hide terrible pop-in on distant objects, or being how it's ashes of creation and all, that was the point. Either way I do hate it when games make such liberal use of it it looks like you are playing in California during wild fire season.
    Dvora
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    edited August 2019
    Looks beautiful, character animations still need a lot of work though.
    bcbullyCryomatrix
  • MythlaMythla Member UncommonPosts: 25

APThug said:

I'm excited for this game, but I think this trailer was pretty bad and generic looking.

I got the chance to play the pvp of this game back during pax east, and thought it was meh. They did a complete 180 with this new direction though.

Oh lord...is this really just another MMO with combat from the year 2000 where players and mobs just stand there trading hits? Why? Who wants that in 2019?
    bcbully
  • AlvonuAlvonu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    The griffons look pretty horrid imo.
    Iselin
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    While I appreciate Intrepid doing monthly progress and preview streams, they should honestly hold off on these "meh" trailers they have been doing. Other than having animated models and a developed environment Im not getting the big appeal of their game over other MMOs. Velociraptors nosing around in grass then randomly charging a gate? Leagues of the same human model running around in circles? (seriously by now we should be seeing different races) Stock cavalry sounds pasted over gameplay? Theres no sense of story or goal to the world. A trailer should have a narrative hook to it unless the point is to be mysterious and vague. This just feels so pointless.
    Octagon7711
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Raptors seem out of place. Not feeling it.
    KyleranQuarterStack