Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha Equipment & Inventory Exploration - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• Niquev71Niquev71 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Ugly. Sad for the future of mmo gaming.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Best part is that someone thought this would be good to show...
    Lol you cruel thing! ;) 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Kyleran said:

Ungood said:

Kyleran said:

Well in all fairness, they are never going to get this game made without additional funding, which is going to have to come from the backers until some other investor shows up.

Their post launch business model doesn't include selling these advantages which I feel is a big mistake, but I'm not building this game.

Take a hard read of the recent Portalarium  public filing for a really insightful look at how it was funded and will continue to be, quite a few good parallels / portents to the possible future for COE.

Ya know, if he does pull this off, this would be pretty epic.

As far as the giving those that supported the game a huge advantage, I am fine with that, after all, they paid into the game when there was no game, so they earned it.

As far as this Topic goes, I like the idea that you need to kneel to do inventory. Adds a nice touch of realism.

There are two things I don't think I like, first is the kneeling to check inventory.

Assuming there is time associated with this, imagine you are out gathering, wearing your "gathering" gear (assuming such exists) and ganker George comes running at you.

Time to bring out the PVP gear....whoops, wait, have to take a knee first, then for extra bad measure, cant put on my chainmail without first removing 2 layers of shirts and pants, in order, to then replace them in the correct order.

Just a terrible mechanic in my book, some recently released medieval single player simulation did this, and it sounded bad there too.

I'd much rather have several quick gear "set" slots that I could set up for say 3 scenarios, PVP, PVE, and Social, which I could hot key between. (Maybe I need 4th slot for my "run away, run away" gear.

;)

Doesn't have to be an instant transformation, but shouldn't be so long that "George" gets to me while I'm unprepared.

Realism is great and all, but not at the expense of practical gameplay.
    Meh.... welcome to getting caught with your pants down,, sort to speak.

It adds a level of risk to what you are doing, how safe do you feel to take the armor off, and even if you had it on.. how skilled are you with a weapon anyway if you are out gathering. This game kinda makes it clear that everyone is not going to be an epic swordsman, some people are in fact just going to butchers, bakers and candlestick makers.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TekkonTekkon Member UncommonPosts: 27
    You can wear heavy armor on top cloth armor on top of a shirt.

Why isn't this in every game?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Tekkon said:
    You can wear heavy armor on top cloth armor on top of a shirt.

Why isn't this in every game?
    Because it's not fun.

Making armor somewhat complicated turns selecting your equipment into a challenge. Making it too complicated turns it into a chore.
    Gdemami