Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 Coming to Google Stadia - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCyberpunk 2077 Coming to Google Stadia - MMORPG.com

Cyberpunk 2077 will arrive on Google Stadia, according to an official dev diary released by CD Projekt RED.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Shanky_ShankyShanky_Shanky Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I got pretty good network speed but expectations about stable AAA-games streaming without crazy delay still feels way too futuristic.
    Octagon7711alkarionlog
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Anyone figured out how to deal with bandwidth costs streaming games? I know Cox will charge me extra for going over, with online streaming I barely make it every month. No way can I ever add gaming to this as well. I can't see this going anywhere, especially not with how cheap higher capacity SSDs are now.
    infomatz
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Viper482 said:
    Anyone figured out how to deal with bandwidth costs streaming games? I know Cox will charge me extra for going over, with online streaming I barely make it every month. No way can I ever add gaming to this as well. I can't see this going anywhere, especially not with how cheap higher capacity SSDs are now.
    There are a lot of people who don't have bandwidth caps. Think of streaming as a service that's aimed at those people.
    alkarionlog

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Viper482 said:

I played ACreed during their beta and the game played smoothed. Bandwidth did do a jump. I would have to keep a close eye and probably monitor my use a lot until I figured out how many hours I could play a day to stay under my cap.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    People cant get consistent FPS sometimes with their own high end PC... and you think everything through the internet will be just fine?

That thing is gonna be dead on arrival.
    Phry
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited August 2019

People cant get consistent FPS sometimes with their own high end PC... and you think everything through the internet will be just fine?

Because Google already has extremely expensive server network deployed in every noticeable city across the globe. Adding a bunch of cheap gaming PCs ($2-5k each) to that network is a pocket change to them compared to cost of pro servers (5-200k each).

Not to mention how Google can afford specialized hi-end streaming hardware development, feature inaccessible to mere mortals - like those bitcoin mining rigs created specifically for the certain mining hubs. If anything streaming services are the future of gaming, especially when 5G will become mass product and we'll be able to get hi-res PC graphics on phones and $200 tablets.

Thank you for your time!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

I wouldn't say dead on arrival, but it will have several and lots of problems, thing is, people who have a internet as good and as fast would have money, and if they have money buying a computer who could run it or any device, and most people who like to spend playing have good rigs to run anything, it will be a small niche and I don't see anything usefull in the future for such, but oh make sure they will push such thing hard, no better way to keep what people play and shoving adds easier then forced online requirement
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    How's Shadow Play doing, it pretty much sounds like the same thing.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872
    the one thing that still concerns me about this is how long before google gets bored and dumps it. what happens to the purchases they have a long history of abandoning their new shiny toys.
    Ridelynninfomatz
  • ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    nah, i think in the next decade this will be the new thing, especially with 5g around the bend its coming.
    alkarionlog
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Not a surprise really. If anything is going to work half way decently with the inevitable poor latency of game streaming services it's single player games and Cyberpunk is one of the most highly anticipated single player games. They had to have this in their line-up.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    ill just stick to buying the games I want to play, and firing them up on the PC or console.
    Octagon7711Sovrath[Deleted User]infomatz
    Iselin said:
    Not a surprise really. If anything is going to work half way decently with the inevitable poor latency of game streaming services it's single player games and Cyberpunk is one of the most highly anticipated single player games. They had to have this in their line-up.
    yes nothing better then ahving lag issues on a single player, best feature on MMO now on single player
    Phry
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I certainly wouldn't dream of buying the game on Stadia, you could lose access to it pretty much on a whim, i'll be buying this on PC from GoG when it launches, CDPR are worth it. ;)
    [Deleted User]BrotherMaynardSabracTacticalZombeh
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited August 2019
    My prediction is by 2030 cloud gaming will be bigger than PC + Console combined. It is not something that happens overnight.

If you have a 5G device today and stand before a 5G access point, you can get up to 2Gb/s+ download speeds.

It takes a couple of seconds to download a movie.
    alkarionlog
    edited August 2019

I wouldn't say dead on arrival, but it will have several and lots of problems, thing is, people who have a internet as good and as fast would have money, and if they have money buying a computer who could run it or any device, and most people who like to spend playing have good rigs to run anything, it will be a small niche and I don't see anything usefull in the future for such, but oh make sure they will push such thing hard, no better way to keep what people play and shoving adds easier then forced online requirement
    Not really.

I've got a 100 mbps/100mbps connection as part of my rent, an in my city of 191 thousand inhabitants there are at least 11 thousand households in similar situation because the company renting apartments made a deal with the provider for every apartment they own. Additionally there's over 4 thousand people in student apartments who also get good net connection as part of their rent. There's already a lot of potential audience for a service like Stadia.

Though most of that audience is likely outside USA. I live in Finland. The net prices and accessibility in most of the Europe, Japan and South Korea is a lot better than what people in USA are accustomed to. Google is a global company and they can launch the service as long as they've got enough potential audience somewhere on the globe.
    infomatz

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Hopefully it comes out for the Phantom as well.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    yes nothing better then ahving lag issues on a single player, best feature on MMO now on single player
    Yeah well these new streaming services are not aimed at anyone serious enough about gaming to have an mmorpg.com account. Of course running it locally will always be better.

It's just an interesting industry trend for the extreme casual gamer... for now.

They'll get some traction with more serious gamers due to their Netflix-like monthly pass with access to almost anything they have. But at release as I understand, they'll have some games that won't be part of the monthly pass and will need to be purchased separately a la carte. 
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Kabulozo said:
    My prediction is by 2030 cloud gaming will be bigger than PC + Console combined. It is not something that happens overnight.

If you have a 5G device today and stand before a 5G access point, you can get up to 2Gb/s+ download speeds.

and 2020 flying cars would be common
    Ridelynn
    edited August 2019
    Kabulozo said:

Medium internet speeds will be several times faster than the average speed of the average joe of today by 2030, just like median internet speed of today is dozens times faster than it was 10 years ago.

10 years ago watching video streams on a cell phone, or even a computer was something unheard of. Only the elites could have access to that, in order to do video conferences.
    [Deleted User]
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:

Medium internet speeds will be several times faster than the average speed of the average joe of today by 2030, just like median internet speed of today is dozens times faster than it was 10 years ago.

10 years ago watching video streams on a cell phone, or even a computer was something unheard of. Only the elites could have access to that, in order to do video conferences.
    In 2010 Youtube already had 2 billion views a day:
      https://www.smh.com.au/technology/youtube-serving-up-two-billion-videos-daily-20100517-v8sf.html

You'd have to go back more than 10 years before watching video streams was unheard of.

edited August 2019
    edited August 2019
    Vrika said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/youtube-serving-up-two-billion-videos-daily-20100517-v8sf.html

You'd have to go back more than 10 years before watching video streams was unheard of.
    Watching live stream =/= watching a already recorded, uploaded and processed video.

I began watching recorded 240P yt videos in 2006. Now i can watch 1080P+ 60FPS live stream on my phone with no problem. With the same price of internet(corrected by inflation). My net package went from 300 kbps back in 2006 to 50 mbps now. Same package, just the speed was improved over time.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited August 2019
    Vrika said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:

This guy, lol.

Anyway, Stadia will be the beginning of what seems to be the future of gaming. It will not be perfect, but it will also not be a fail.  If you prefer buying ..physical games, that's all good, but don't "doom" Stadia, because you are unable or don't want.. to adapt. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Kabulozo said:
    Vrika said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:

Watching live stream =/= watching a already recorded, uploaded and processed video.

I began watching recorded 240P yt videos in 2006. Now i can watch 1080P+ 60FPS live stream on my phone with no problem. With the same price of internet(corrected by inplation), my net package went from 300 kbps back in 2006 to 50 mbps now. Same package, just the speed was improved over time.
    and streaming is the same as inputing commands to a server then wait the return of such back, again bandwith is diferent from latency, someone with over 1gb download speed could still get over 200 MS of latency depending on distance, also note, downalodaing speed normally is a lot higher then upload, for stadia not having any issues you would need to have a upload on par with download, with most isps don't do.

plus lets get real here not everyone and the ones who is hardcore and with money would want to waste time playing games in a stream, with would be the one who would have the internet for such service, not considerating the whole monthly payment required to have such service