Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO To Receive Brand New Life Skill Mastery System

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBDO To Receive Brand New Life Skill Mastery System

In a post on the Black Desert Online community forums, Community Manager Yukimura announced the rollout of the Life Skill Mastery system.

Read the full story here

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

DMKano said:

This systems has been in Korea for over a year.

They waited for this as an answer to new AA relaunch and WoW classic

lol

Oh and yes this is a gear grind for lifeskilling - so in other words - get ready to spend real money for those artisan memories

Man these guys must have showed up at your house and kicked your dog or something. :)
    SovrathMikehaRemaliwingoodRoinLife2vWaanSilentman0116TacticalZombeh

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:

They waited for this as an answer to new AA relaunch

Life2valkarionlog
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Its just to cash shop heavy for most of everything you need end game but omg the whales love it u can buy gold-silver from guilds for rl money and buy the rest of the things from the cash shop.
    Life2v
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

DMKano said:

lol

Oh and yes this is a gear grind for lifeskilling - so in other words - get ready to spend real money for those artisan memories

Or be an adult and make a decision to not. I won't argue about P2W, but the choice to pay money to skip RNG/Grind is exactly that, a choice.
    [Deleted User]gastovski1Life2valkarionlog
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I don't think they will release what they have had in korea.  Not only do I NOT think it would float in the USA/EU, but most players from the korean servers do not like it.  They took all this time to study the issue -- I have hopes that the implementation will be much more transparent and less heartbreaking. 

Still it is really amusing to see all the +4 life clothes on the marketplace unlike ever -- Would be interesting if +4 life clothes got you a tri set and +5 life clothes a tet set from the get go.
    edited August 2019
    Nyctelios said:

DMKano said:

lol

Or be an adult and make a decision to not. I won't argue about P2W, but the choice to pay money to skip RNG/Grind is exactly that, a choice.
    You either are ill intended in your argument or is complete unaware of how the gear upgrade system works (and is tied to cash shop items)
    I know exactly how it works.  You don't need anything in the cash shop.  Hell you don't even need to actually ever touch the upgrade system, you can literally buy all your gear with silver.  In fact, many times it ends up cheaper that way because of RNG.  

The fact that you and others have no self-control does not mean I don't understand how it works.  
    Buschkatze
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Nyctelios said:

DMKano said:

lol

You either are ill intended in your argument or is complete unaware of how the gear upgrade system works (and is tied to cash shop items)
    I know exactly how it works.  You don't need anything in the cash shop.  Hell you don't even need to actually ever touch the upgrade system, you can literally buy all your gear with silver.  In fact, many times it ends of cheaper that way because of RNG.  

The fact that you and others have no self-control does not mean I don't understand how it works.  
    When I was playing Black Desert, in earnest, I purchased everything in silver. I just stopped giving into the whole gear upgrade system. Now, to be clear I only had IV gear but I was fine to just play at my own pace and not compete.
    Buschkatze
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    DMKano said:
    Nyctelios said:

DMKano said:

lol

Some people need to learn about artisan memories hehe
    Some people need to learn the definition of the word "necessary" hehe
    alkarionlog[Deleted User]
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    DMKano said:
    WarWitch said:
    Its just to cash shop heavy for most of everything you need end game but omg the whales love it u can buy gold-silver from guilds for rl money and buy the rest of the things from the cash shop.

Instead of Lifeskill Mastery - they need to add 

Wallet Mastery

Where you can show off to other player how many $1000s you've wasted on the game.

chinese and mobile games tend to have these
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Sovrath said:
    Nyctelios said:

DMKano said:

lol

I know exactly how it works.  You don't need anything in the cash shop.  Hell you don't even need to actually ever touch the upgrade system, you can literally buy all your gear with silver.  In fact, many times it ends of cheaper that way because of RNG.  

When I was playing Black Desert, in earnest, I purchased everything in silver. I just stopped giving into the whole gear upgrade system. Now, to be clear I only had IV gear but I was fine to just play at my own pace and not compete.
    then pvp hit
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Black Desert is a mobile game, for PC and Consoles. Yes, Mobile games are all about you spending an insane amount of money in a shop.