Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Crowdfunding Milestones Discussion

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's almost as if they are incentivised never to release. 

I wish my clients would give me this much money and tell me no rush, just, whenever.
    kenguru23NorseGodceratop001KyleranOctagon7711KefoTheocritus

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited August 2019
    Those new backer numbers sure have slowed down. The holdouts are going to have to buy even more ships to keep this going.

Babuinix
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Nobody wants to hear it especially the dedicated fans who have donated a lot of money, but I suspect this is a huge scam and will never be released. This is just my take on it and I could be wrong but this just feels wrong on so many levels.
    NorseGodBabuinix

Nobody wants to hear it especially the dedicated fans who have donated a lot of money, but I suspect this is a huge scam and will never be released. This is just my take on it and I could be wrong but this just feels wrong on so many levels.

ceratop001
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    edited August 2019
    Those new backer numbers sure have slowed down. The holdouts are going to have to buy even more ships to keep this going.>>>>

--> Yeah. "Only" 145.279 new Star Citizens so far this year. It may be that we do not hit +300.000 new ones at the end of this year. We may even fail to reach 2.5 million Star Citizens.
    --> Truely abysmal ;-)   The end is near. 90 days ... TOPS !

--> Have fun

NorseGodKyleran
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    edited August 2019

yEah wHaT A sCaM...  B)

I just don't understand why players keep supporting and 2 of the most ambitious video-games ever.  :D
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:

yEah wHaT A sCaM...  B)

I just don't understand why players keep supporting and 2 of the most ambitious video-games ever.  :D
    Graphics don’t make a game and sunk cost 
    NorseGodKyleran
    edited August 2019
    Babuinix said:
    most ambitious video-games ever.  :D
    Subjective and irrelevant to whether they deliver a good game or not or any of their core mechanics yet to be seen. 

But hey, at least they released a production video about water physics in a drinking glass. That's pretty important right now in the game's current state. I may still fall through a planet in 2019, but at least I know if I tilt a drinking glass, the water doesn't tilt too.

Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:

sunk cost 
    Bingo.

They have to commit, they blew thousands of dollars on a ship that's been in concept for 7 years.

>Surely they'll finish the game if I buy one more $1,000 drawling of a ship!

Phry
    Kefo said:
    If only there was something like:

Dogfighting, Multicrew or FPS gameplay...
    Trading...

Bounty Hunting...

Delivery Missions...
    Investigation & Exploration

Racing
    Mining...

Some examples that I'd say is already more options than most other space games have.

bUt yEaH It'S JuSt GrApHiCs tHeRe's nO gAmEpLay WhAtSoEvEr! :D
    ErillionrpmcmurphyNorseGod
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    If only there was something like:

Dogfighting, Multicrew or FPS gameplay...
    Trading...

Bounty Hunting...

Delivery Missions...
    Investigation & Exploration

Racing
    Mining...

Some examples that I'd say is already more options than most other space games have.

bUt yEaH It'S JuSt GrApHiCs tHeRe's nO gAmEpLay WhAtSoEvEr! :D
    More lethal than call of duty!

im surprised they were able to implement trading without breaking something

shoot that person and you get some money...exciting.

place that box on the counter....no I won’t recognize it’s there. How did you get it in your ship without it sling shotting into the sun?

fly around and explore your less than 1 complete system

drive your ship. If they couldn’t implement racing I’d be really worried.

shoot a laser and get it in the green zone ooh.

everything in star citizen is sub par, broken or both. The graphics look pretty but that’s just like putting lipstick on a pig.
    Babuinix
    >>>
    everything in star citizen is sub par, broken or both.
    >>>

You don't play much Star Citizen, do you?  ;-)

Have fun

edited August 2019
    --> Like another user in that thread said to the OP:
    "For the sake of discussion, it "seems" as if some of the bugs are associated with individual accounts.

*snip*

My answer to OP's question is that Every gameplay loop is NOT broken for me ATM, but something seems or appears to be an issue in part with your account. GL"

In my personal experience ... some bugs, but most things work.

And some posters in the forums ... and here ... seem to have ... well ..... lets just say their problems are "an issue in part with their accounts"  ;-)

Have fun
    rpmcmurphy
    edited August 2019
    Kefo said:

place that box on the counter....no I won’t recognize it’s there. How did you get it in your ship without it sling shotting into the sun?

everything in star citizen is sub par, broken or both. The graphics look pretty but that’s just like putting lipstick on a pig.
    Yet still Star Citizen is still the on average most played and watched space-game on Twitch & Youtube in the last years!

It seems that despite it's buggy alpha stage gamers still do enjoy Star Citizen a lot B)
    NorseGodKyleran
    edited August 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Yet still Star Citizen is still the on average most played and watched space-game on Twitch & Youtube in the last years!

>Lies on the internet in 2019

The server is down for Eve right now and it still has more viewers than Star Citizen.

edited August 2019
    NorseGod said:
    >Lies on the internet in 2019

The server is down for Eve right now and it still has more viewers than Star Citizen.
    I can't seem to see what pictures? charts? you posted but saying that EvE has more viewers than Star Citizen "now" doesn't make my statement a lie ;)

;)
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:

I can't seem to see what pictures? charts? you posted but 
    ...shows No Man's Sky currently has 5K viewers  ;)
    edited August 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:

I can't seem to see what pictures? charts? you posted but 
    ...shows No Man's Sky currently has 5K viewers  ;)

Yeap but still bellow average in the last years ;)

Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

It seems that despite it's buggy alpha stage gamers still do enjoy Star Citizen a lot B)
    You’ve made that claim before in the past and it was shown that you tend to cherry pick your stats to make SC seem more popular then it is
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    everything in star citizen is sub par, broken or both.
    >>>

You don't play much Star Citizen, do you?  ;-)

Have fun

Why would I want to play this train wreck or give croberts money? Plenty of videos out there to watch if I want to 
    NorseGod
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

You’ve made that claim before in the past and it was shown that you tend to cherry pick your stats to make SC seem more popular then it is
    SC also pays people to stream the game with sponsored streams.

Backers are paying for people to play the game for money. LOL
    NorseGod
    edited August 2019
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:

Yeap but still bellow average in the last years ;)

Just not this year. ;) So that makes your original statement untrue.  ;) What's your argument?  ;)

;) 

edited August 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Just not this year. ;) So that makes your original statement untrue.  ;) What's your argument?  ;)

The last 6 months show that Star Citizen is still ahead in average views lol

;)
    NorseGodAmazingAveryAgent_Joseph
    Utinni said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

SC also pays people to stream the game with sponsored streams.

Backers are paying for people to play the game for money. LOL
    and $38 Million to pay marketing firms to spam gamesites and social media with edited screenshots and bump their own threads to the front page.
    Babuinix
    edited August 2019
    NorseGod said:
    and $38 Million to pay marketing firms to spam gamesites and social media with edited screenshots and bump their own threads to the front page.
    That's some next level conspiracy theory right there :D
    Btw what "edited screenshots" are we talking about? :)