Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic Reddit AMA Recap - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Classic Reddit AMA Recap - MMORPG.com

Yesterday, the team at Blizzard hosted an AMA on the World of Warcraft Subreddit. There the team answered questions about the upcoming release of WoW Classic, touching on everything from potential microtransactions to performance concerns.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    They better be free transfers off of more populated realms to less populated. If not, 25$ per character, Activision is licking their chops.
  • NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88
    edited August 2019
    Blizzard might not have plans for Character boosts and microtransaction, but Activision just might.

Talking about shooting in the foot, Activision-Blizzard and piss off millions of players. Might as well gift your servers to WoW private community and be done with it.
    NorseGod
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Another WoW post for haters to come post random made up facts.
    Tamanous[Deleted User]DarkpigeonKnightESTwormed
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I noticed a question about guard spawns in cities was seemingly dodged.  The person said the said the gaurd spawns were like retail.  To me that means going into a town and killing a few guards to bring the enemy in isnt going to happen.  Thats a bummer if true.  The way guards act is a pretty core mechanic.
    ThupliFacelessSaviornoegusis

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    several hours of queue lol
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019

Warlyx said:

lol I noticed someone on the official forums post why would blizzard launch it at midnight for some regions and another guy just told them to throw themselves in queue before bed and they should be in by the time they wake up.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Albatroes said:

Warlyx said:

lol I noticed someone on the official forums post why would blizzard launch it at midnight for some regions and another guy just told them to throw themselves in queue before bed and they should be in by the time they wake up.
    Its a global launch. Timezones
    velimirius
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I subbed to check it out a week in after the newbie areas die down a bit. I don't know though, the animations are just so bad....
    TamanouskertinMensur
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    edited August 2019
    adderVXI said:
    I noticed a question about guard spawns in cities was seemingly dodged.  The person said the said the gaurd spawns were like retail.  To me that means going into a town and killing a few guards to bring the enemy in isnt going to happen.  Thats a bummer if true.  The way guards act is a pretty core mechanic.
    "I’m honestly not sure we’ve looked at that specific case. Thanks for the detailed description! We’ll take a look and we’ll make sure we get it right."

Dodged? Are you sure about that?
    KickaxeThupli

You stay sassy!

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Good q and a. They are truer to classic than I would have been.
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Tamanous said:

adderVXI said:

"I’m honestly not sure we’ve looked at that specific case. Thanks for the detailed description! We’ll take a look and we’ll make sure we get it right."

Dodged? Are you sure about that?

I really hope your right and he really just had no idea. That give me no hope however that its going to be correct. For me that was an immersion breaking mechanic that they added. Im committed and going to find out for myself at this point.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Albatroes said:

They better be free transfers off of more populated realms to less populated. If not, 25$ per character, Activision is licking their chops.

Back in the day they did used to offer free transfers off extremely populated realms to new realms to help boost the new realms populations and get rid of the load on the higher pop server. The problem is, that was back before Activision, so I sure hope that it isn't going to turn into 25$ to transfer off a 10k queue server.
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 412
    As long as they keep the horrid playtime tokens away from the classic servers, i'll be happy
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Eldrach said:

As long as they keep the horrid playtime tokens away from the classic servers, i'll be happy

Unless they've changed something classic and retail are included in the same sub so tokens are already built in, you just can't buy and sell them on the classic side.

You can still use your retail tokens for classic sub time.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Q: Could you clarify what the intended limits are and how players will know they’re at the player cap for a certain dungeon? 128

A: This was indeed a bug that we have fixed and you should be able to enter most lower-level dungeons with up to 10 players, as was possible in Original WoW 1.12. There are some dungeons that had specific caps by the end of Original WoW however. To be specific, all lower level dungeons available through Maraudon should have a player cap of 10, with Blackrock Depths, Scholomance, Stratholme, and Dire Maul being capped at 5 players.

As was the case in Original WoW 1.12, Blackrock Spire should also have a cap of 10 players.

WAIT WHAT?? you can run a 10 man Deadmines? I don't remember that being at launch
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Myrdynn said:
    Q: Could you clarify what the intended limits are and how players will know they’re at the player cap for a certain dungeon? 128

A: This was indeed a bug that we have fixed and you should be able to enter most lower-level dungeons with up to 10 players, as was possible in Original WoW 1.12. There are some dungeons that had specific caps by the end of Original WoW however. To be specific, all lower level dungeons available through Maraudon should have a player cap of 10, with Blackrock Depths, Scholomance, Stratholme, and Dire Maul being capped at 5 players.

As was the case in Original WoW 1.12, Blackrock Spire should also have a cap of 10 players.

WAIT WHAT?? you can run a 10 man Deadmines? I don't remember that being at launch
    They're not using launch rules. They're using 1.12 rules and "time-locking" content to simulate progression.
    The player cap for any dungeon at release was actually 40. It was lowered to 10 in 1.3 except for Dire Maul which was 5 and then a few dungeons after that got the 5 man cap. It didn't become max 5 everywhere until much later (when they added the LFG as I recall.)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED