Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Steam Battle Royal Test Live Today - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    are they actually making a br or mmorpg? i mean say said they are testing combat with this BR game..

The goal is still a mmorpg right?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited August 2019
    are they actually making a br or mmorpg? i mean say said they are testing combat with this BR game..

The goal is still a mmorpg right?
    Allegedly,  though there's little recent evidence outside a few flora and fauna info shares.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Thankfully I don't have a horse in this race, but it got me thinking ...

<tinfoilhat>

They're running out of money and hope this will help fund them so they don't completely fail.

They've run out of money and are hoping to pull a Fortnight where the BR takes off so fantastically they can just ignore the MMO.

Something dramatically bad happened during the dev cycle (lost talent, HD fried, whatever) that this is all they could salvage and hope they can pull a Fortnight.

</tinfoilhat>

• ronanxronanx Member UncommonPosts: 35
    This is what those warhammer 40k devs did..promised an mmo, said they were just testing systems then they changed it up and made it a lobby shooter
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Trolls? I remember the day this game was announced on this site. I remember the lofty goals and grand plans. Plans that seemed improbable if not impossible for a team of 1000 developers, all to whip up some crowd funding. The people who wanted this game are the ones being trolled.

Full disclosure: I didn't think the game sounded like a successful MMORPG as proposed.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited August 2019
    Torval said:
    bcbully said:
    People complaining about this BR are test would like the game anyways because of the PvP focus.

Carry on Intrepid.
    That's not really it at all. What they promised was a Lineage style PvP MMO. What they're screwing around with is a Hexen style arena brawler (only it's not fast shooting mayhem). I'm not saying don't make arena brawlers, I'm saying don't tell me you're making an MMORPG and then make an arena brawler instead. That's all.
    I get it man.

All these hardcore PvErs complaining when the game is a PvP game is just silly to me tho. Even sillier if they pledged.

Why should they even care about what those people think. The will not like the game no mater what. 

Edit- Since it’s a PvP game shouldn’t they get that right before they put in some quest? Lol 
    [Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ridirobanridiroban Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Albatroes said:

I can't wait for it to have a battlepass.....for testing purposes obviously. Just like the cash shop is there for testing purposes...."to help the br testing server self-sustain" my apologies.

I guess it could always be worse.....say you're going to launch whatever the hell Star Citizen was supposed to be and only produce a flight sim in the end for 'testing.'

it has had one since December 2018

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/images/thumb/b/bf/apoc-adventure-paths.png/450px-apoc-adventure-paths.png
    [Deleted User]
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    Why am I getting Landmark/Everquest Next vibes?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I just cannot see this game ever coming out. They originally pushed the BR as a combat test, but even then, how stupid do they think their backers are? They developed an entire game mode / stand a lone to test out combat and PvP balancing? That's insane and if true, a giant waste of money. 
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    I hope the fans stay with the game and the game still manages to hold unto the original promises they made. God bless.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33

bcbully said:

People complaining about this BR are test wouldnt like the game anyways because of the PvP focus.

Carry on Intrepid.

"100% optional flaggable PvP system" is what was promised originally. ;p