Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any game with territory wars over lands and taxes ?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
edited August 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
looking for the game where we make our own empire and do wars on enemy take over their land territories or tax them... without Asian Style(like conquer blade or BDO) and No guns 
Post edited by badermal on
Aeander

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Age of Wushu 
    Cryomatrix
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Age of Wushu seems dead and they announced age of wushu 2 but it never came out 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    badermal said:
    looking for the game where we make our own empire and do wars on enemy take over their land territories or tax them... without Asian Style(like conquer blade or BDO) and No guns 
    I think those proviso's pretty much eliminate every possible match. BDO node wars etc. Planetside etc. even Eve Online. Its not that popular a genre.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Revelation online also have territory mechanic, but it has guns and it is Asian games, don't know if it's still alive, I hated the instance wall. 1-2 entry per week.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Mount and Blade Warbands.
    Mount and blade is singleplayer lol with minigames on multiplayer
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    badermal said:
    Age of Wushu seems dead and they announced age of wushu 2 but it never came out 
    Nah it seems seems pretty lively. Near weakly news, plenty of alliance banter.

True about Wushu 2, I suspect it may not have came out for the same reasons WoW 2 never came out. Even though I was looking forward to it I assure you many many people would have stayed with Wushu 1, especially in China.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Well badermal my  old friend, ArcheAge Unchained is coming soon.  Asian game but will be B2P with cosmetic only cash shop. 

Closest you will get anytime this decade I think.

alkarionlogultimateduck

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited August 2019
    hello lol and the problem is Archage the territory wars is not good it just 3 preset castle some people fight  
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    badermal said:
    Mount and blade is singleplayer lol with minigames on multiplayer
    Gloria Victis but its preset too slowlydeveloping. Dont write of  Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord because its fully moddable.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Rise of Agon. 
  • dracomundracomun Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Albion online

edited September 2019
    @dracomun i heard that albion just has 3 preset castle which we need to capture it for very little benefit lol

@ChildoftheShadows yes but still each time we capture a city we dont feel like we actually own it lol  people can still come and grind in your city and all npcs and stuff  make it no different from other cities (you dont have much freedom in your city themepark is really ruining this game that you can just bank your money and everything is preset so you can live without a home lol

Post edited by badermal on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    DMKano said:
    Planet Earth 
    Oh, geez and here I was searching the internet trying in vain to find a Planet Earth video game....doh.

I need my morning caffeine injection, someone call the nurse 

;)
    [Deleted User]Steelhelm

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

not really it just lil kid tried to make a joke and failed 
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    badermal said:

@ChildoftheShadows yes but still each time we capture a city we dont feel like we actually own it lol  people can still come and grind in your city and all npcs and stuff  make it no different from other cities (you dont have much freedom in your city themepark is really ruining this game that you can just bank your money and everything is preset so you can live without a home lol
    Not sure where you get the idea theme park is ruining anything. Are we talking about the same game? There is no theme park in roa. Honestly sounds to me like you want just a survival game. 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Albion Online.

Right now the territories still are fought over 5v5 matches on guild vs guild aside from the castles, but next season territories will become open world.

This means open-world fights and invasions to determine ownership, the territory ownership is the very end-goal, then you will be able to tax and get peeps to pay rent as guilds will be able to place hideouts that are underground claims.
    edited August 2019
    i mean like we dont build anvil forge or carpentry or anything everything available on starter city and we just need to gather mats and craft it 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Awesome. A game where I can be taxed. Can I pay alimony too?
    ultimateduck

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

@MaxBacon Albion is full sandbox?
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I have to agree with the ArcheAge being the closest you're going to find right now.
    edited August 2019
    alright how come Archeage close enough though?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    badermal said:
    alright how come Archeage closed though?
    It closed? When?
    Steelhelm
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Sovrath said:
    badermal said:
    alright how come Archeage closed though?
    It closed? When?
    I think they refer to this 

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/7s18wb/trion_just_announced_they_closing_devilian/
    Sovrath
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    badermal said:
    @MaxBacon Albion is full sandbox?

Albion is heavy on economy what is player driven, from all that is gatherered to everything you can buy or sell on a market, even the loot from dungeons and such all ties to the gathering/crafting/trading aspect, it is heavy sandbox on play there.

Then it's sandbox on the gameplay itself, it has no linear path you level a huge number of possible skillsets by doing the relevant tasks that gain it xp, so it just falls as open aimed ofc to its PvP.