Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preview: The Blight Spreads Into Path of Exile - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imagePreview: The Blight Spreads Into Path of Exile - MMORPG.com

Path of Exiles newest League Blight will be going live in September and it will be bringing some new and exciting content to the game. But what does the Blight actually entail?

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    That looks fun, looking forward to the new stuff, These guys just keep delivering , awesome job
    XingbairongTacticalZombeh
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I am most excited about the Necro/Pet builds now
    TacticalZombeh
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Nyctelios said:

I couldn't believe when I saw it for the first time. They did it. Those crazy bastards did it! Tower defense in a ARPG. Man, I'm really excited for this one.

Myrdynn said:

How about showing Totem Builds some deserved love? It's now or never.

i like pets and totems:)
  • PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    What a great game.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Heresy, i have no desire to play, as im hopelessly addicted to starcraft 2
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Nyctelios said:

I couldn't believe when I saw it for the first time. They did it. Those crazy bastards did it! Tower defense in a ARPG. Man, I'm really excited for this one.

Myrdynn said:

game doesn't need more love for click and watch netflix builds
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Nyctelios said:

Myrdynn said:
    Try the game Deathtrap, based around the Tower Defense quests in The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.  It's lots of fun (IMHO)

The Dungeon Defenders series as well as Orcs Must Die series are kinda ARPGs set permanently in Tower Defense Mode, too, although they're third-person perspective.

It's a combination that works well and I'm happy Path of Exile is giving its take on it.
    [Deleted User]
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Rather I enjoy this seasons mechanics or not, I always enjoy starting a fresh character and stash. Maybe this season I will finally take down that damn Uber Atziri 
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    This game is mostly single player right? This just looks like a disaster on my screen trying to play with a friend.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Nyctelios said:

Myrdynn said:

Totems had glory for at least a couple years.
  • Tek101Tek101 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Guess I am starting Impale DomBlow again like I did this league :-)

fear not on how the way of the light hits

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320

Nyctelios said:

This game is mostly single player right? This just looks like a disaster on my screen trying to play with a friend.

It has "Self Fund" mode if you want to play it single player. But it is online and multiplayer and it works fine.

You just need a loot filter in endgame or your screen will be a mess

It just looks insane with the more players you have with you.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2019

Nyctelios said:

Myrdynn said:

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing did tower defense years ago. Just something else you might want to check out sometime.

Deathtrap, from the same devs, is a full aRPG/Tower Defense game aswell.
    [Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    edited August 2019
    Tower defence in my favourite ARPG; hell yeah! Looking forward to this one, do think it's going to be a hard one to pull off successfully, fast action builds have been the meta for ages, micromanaging towers on top of that could be a frustrating pain, especially in higher tier end game maps.

Love the ability incoming to build up master quests, been so many leagues now and end game bloat was getting to be annoying when it interrupted your flow. A fantastic QoL update.

Minion Masters going to be the new meta? Enjoyed following the trend with the Cyclone meta this league, but thinking a Caustic Arrow build could work well poisoning lanes in Blight?

Great looking update, bye bye life again