Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan is Still a Good Game

13»

Comments

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    I bought the collectors edition and played with Murderherd on Cimmeria. The game was fun but had glaring faults and a steep cut of features and content prior to launch. Funcom or Failcom as commonly called on the forums blundered the game and mismanaged what could have been sculpted into one of the best games.

They took too long to add additional content, allowed massive bugs to ruin the game, failed to add ways to level up at a certain point other than grinding(We did keg runs in the frozen bandit camp). Bugs absolutely ruined alot of the game, gems being overpowered, attack-able cities, buggy bosses. Kolesh pvp was pretty much end game until they added pvp armor sets and by then everyone quit.

The game was really fun so it was sad funcom did it wrong.

MurderHerd

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    AoC is a dogshit game. It has remained the same for over 4-5 years. What a dumb comment.
    edited August 2019
    Dude the beta testing is not the official launch of the game and only some players can play it, lol what amateurs. As article reported AoC turnder into FtP, this means before it was not FtP, and FC TOO REPORTS THEY HAVE SOLD COPIES OF THE GAME, SO YOU HAD TO BUY THE GAME. DAM IT CAN YOU READ SOME NEWS UP THERE? Regards.
    YEAH, you had to buy the game and got 1 free month. After that it was subscription based. What the hell are you talking about? This game came out 2008, not 2015 or something.
  • SPAUN555555SPAUN555555 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Although the game was released in 2008, I still support that you can play it now..
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Nebless said:
    The game has always been subscription based, right from the start.  I still have my game box from that same time and it states right on it, 'includes 30 days free VIP' and then a subscription is required to continue to play.

The old 'but I bought it' concept has been beaten to death.  All you 'bought' was a game box and CD's.   Everything else you rented while you paid for the privilege of playing on their servers.  And if you stopped your sub, you lost access to the whole game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

You are totally wrong. The game didn't even have a trial time, you buy it period. The memberships was added almost one year later.

That's just not true, it required a sub day one. I played on launch day and for a year after. The free month came with initial purchase then you were charged a sub. 

Po_gg
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    boris20 said:
    That's just not true, it required a sub day one. I played on launch day and for a year after. The free month came with initial purchase then you were charged a sub.
    I've tossed that dragon fella into the ignore bin, so it's kinda funny/interesting to see he's still on his stupid "AoC was b2p" agenda... :smile:
    Although the game was released in 2008, I still support that you can play it now..
    Gee, how noble. How do you support it? Do you buy their overpriced bs from the store or what?
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Funcom has great ideas and poor execution. I was hoping they would get their crap together by now.
    RobsolfGorwe
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    edited August 2019
    NorseGod said:
    "Funcom has great ideas and poor execution. I was hoping they would get their crap together by now."

---------------------

I'd refer to it as "ambitions beyond their resources", but I totally agree.  I keep wanting to revisit tortage every year or so, but still have no interest in going beyond.  Did it once, after 2 years of live development.  Mostly sucked.

But I get why that is.  Once a game launches, its team is nearly decimated(1/10th) over the next year.  That's normal.  But with 1-20 done and 21+ a framework, it still made no sense for them to fill in that level of quality in the mid levels after launch.  The launch subbers were long out of the mid level areas before they could release anything over the next couple months.

Though I still say... Funcom lags SO SLOW when it comes to updates.  Maybe that's changed over the past couple years when I've stopped giving a crap, but they are handily the slowest company in terms of putting out updates.

[Deleted User]
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited August 2019
    Robsolf said:
    Though I still say... Funcom lags SO SLOW when it comes to updates.  Maybe that's changed over the past couple years when I've stopped giving a crap, but they are handily the slowest company in terms of putting out updates.
    Nope, if it changed then for the worse... that was one of the main concerns for many players at TSW's launch, the whole model depended on (mainly) the regular content updates, which is, to put it mildly, not Funcom's forte. Naturally they could only keep up for less than a year...

AoC at least got a full sized expansion in the first year, while the momentum lasted, but after that just small fixes, smaller and smaller "expansions", and a crafting revamp which has never arrived into the game but "accidentally" (not) Exiles has a lot of that work in its mechanics and artwork. What a coincidence, amirite? :smile:

(sure, financially it was maybe a clever move, and sure Funcom's entire MMO history is about the old game's players paying with their subscriptions and purchases for the development of the next game instead of fixes and updates of their own...
    still, Funcom deserves a fuck you for Exiles. They did the same before in TSW when they released Lorraine's story as a standalone game instead of an Issue within the game, just to sell it for higher price and with more coverage.)
    Robsolf