Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Steam Battle Royal Test Live Today - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Steam Battle Royal Test Live Today - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation's Battle Royale mode is available for testing today - but only for today. Backers can jump into the fray using a new tool in their arsenal - a Steam launcher.

Read the full story here

Hyperpsycrow

Comments

• MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited August 2019
    Here's my valuable feedback.....MAKE THE F'IN GAME WE PAID YOU TO MAKE, FFS ..!.. Intrepid
    [Deleted User]HyperpsycrowMrOfficerGdemamiAlomargastovski1Life2vGamePlay4UAlbatroesTezcatlapoccaand 11 others.
  • MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143
    BTW Joseph you posted this under the wrong game.....
    Hyperpsycrowlotrlore
  • MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Promises an MMORPG.

Delivers a Battle Royale no one wants because BR is the fad right now.

Hyperpsycrow[Deleted User]MrOfficerAlomargastovski1GamePlay4Ubgzgamermcd6993
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    I also hate to see they " waste" time an dmoney on this "game" test rather than just get the rock rolling !

And i tryed this test..the gfx is great and world looks great..but omfg the movement is horrible..worse than never winter online..why cant they just make it fluid like wow or Rift or similar games..A game that suck with movements is fail to die
    MrOfficerGdemamiLife2vbcbully

• ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    i don't want sounds mean but... FAK OFF WITH BR THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU PROMISED!!!
    GdemamiAlomarLife2v
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited August 2019
    Not that i dont agree with the suspicion that this is going to just turn in to a BR.. but they have stated several times that this is a testing platform for combat and other things, from what i understand.. But be mad when they LAUNCH a product that isnt what you paid for, not while they are developing the game with their own methods..
    Alomar
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Torval said:
    MrJatobi said:
    Promises an MMORPG.

Delivers a Battle Royale no one wants because BR is the fad right now.

What pisses me off about this is they sold Alpha/Beta and early access testing in their kickstarter and then let any registered accounts join the "BR" testing. What a joke.
    What pisses me off is they took our money from the kickstarter to create this shitty game they are trying to convince everyone that isn't really a stand alone game.
    [Deleted User]MrOfficerGdemamiAlomargastovski1Slapshot1188dinogn
  • MrNylonMrNylon Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Well it not like the president of the company is a known scam artist.......oh wait...
    KyleranAsm0deusWaan[Deleted User]doomex
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    well by todays standards a BR is a MMO. its online and has lots of people !
    MrOfficeranemoTacticalZombeh
  • SequriemSequriem Member UncommonPosts: 24
    That's somewhat funny for me. Happy I didn't have any expectation
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Hope they just make a good MMOBR instead of whatever crap game they kickstarted.
    Alomar
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    DrunkWolf said:
    That is where most people are fooled.Just because lot's login on a login server that acknowledges their account doesn't mean they see each other in game.

Now a days i have seen so many games that are nothing more than single player games with a login screen.The only reason devs are doing this login screen stuff is to setup a cash shop or loot boxes whatever they can to get more money out of a single player game or at best,a co-op game.

No matter,when you are using a BR format to test a RPG,you one have no clue what you are doing designing a mmorpg or you know exactly what you are doing and that is testing the waters to see if a BR can sell without having to finish the game.You know pull an Epic games and quit making the game you set out to make and just go all in on a BR,except one problem,i GUARANTEE this game will not come remotely close to the other BR games.

When you do this,you tell me you are a failure with your game,Epic was a failure giving up on a few games including what Fortnite was suppose to be and this team is failing as a rpg so are just aiming at the BR mode in hopes that lazy cheap effortless idea can make some money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wait, so now there's a test of the test that turned into a game?  :D
    [Deleted User]MrOfficerSlapshot1188
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Atrocious, I’m down right gleeful I didn’t back this.
    TacticalZombeh
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    no1 wanted yet another BR , gez , first it was survival games , then mobas , then team shooters , now BR....ugh...whats next? it needs pvp online and ways to milk players ....
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Glad I kept my wallet closed for this one.
    TacticalZombeh
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019
    I can't wait for it to have a battlepass.....for testing purposes obviously. Just like the cash shop is there for testing purposes...."to help the br testing server self-sustain" my apologies.

I guess it could always be worse.....say you're going to launch whatever the hell Star Citizen was supposed to be and only produce a flight sim in the end for 'testing.'
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 557

Mazeneal said:

BTW Joseph you posted this under the wrong game.....

This is what I get for writing up news with zero coffee.

Thanks for that!
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    DrunkWolf said:
    Multiplayer pong is an MMO by today's standards.
  • TezcatlapoccaTezcatlapocca Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I smell another H1Z1 with devs only putting work into the BR side of development and letting the MMO aspect die off.
    TacticalZombeh

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited August 2019
    People complaining about this BR are test wouldnt like the game anyways because of the PvP focus.

Carry on Intrepid.
    Post edited by bcbully on
    Slapshot1188FlyByKnight
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WallisHallWallisHall Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Wow, the Trolls are out today in force...
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Being honest is not  being a troll. I stopped drinking the cool aid years ago.
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    They must know that every time they talk about BR fans are going to ask about the actual game they were supposed to be making. It also raises the question, after the test how much more ongoing time will be spent checking and coding for issues found in the test? When the next test occurs how much more then? Make the MMORPG, park the BR.
  • CrustyKnucklesCrustyKnuckles Member UncommonPosts: 18
    First mistake, using the unreal engine for a mmo.
    Copperfield