Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vankyo Performance V600 Projector Review - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageVankyo Performance V600 Projector Review - MMORPG.com

Projectors can increase a gamer’s playfield by huge amounts. The limitations on how much are only restricted to the size of the room you have it in. Vankyo, the makers of today’s product for review, have taken it upon themselves to deliver a way for gamers and non-gamers to enjoy bright, native 1080p HD for their games and movies. Let’s dig deeper into the Vankyo Performance V600 Projector.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Ya know.. I never really thought to use a projector to play a game, because the further away something is, the harder it is to read the text.. but.. I wager if I was playing something like Fortnight, or ther FFA BR game, this could really work.. and I could watch movies on it as well.

Hummmm there are choices here.
    foppotee
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    I used to have a projector setup for console gaming and movies in the "man cave" of my last house. I totally loved it. The only negative thing is you can get motion sickness after a while :)
    Ungoodfoppoteeinfomatz

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Admin said:
    I used to have a projector setup for console gaming and movies in the "man cave" of my last house. I totally loved it. The only negative thing is you can get motion sickness after a while :)
    Really? I wonder why.. 

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Ungood said:
    Admin said:
    Really? I wonder why.. 

Even a computer screen can cause motion sickness, but projectors cause it more often because you're presented with a lot bigger picture and try to dim your room. As result your eyes tell you that you're moving, but your other senses tell you that you aren't. Motion sickness is caused by your brains receiving conflicting information on whether you're moving or not.
    Ungoodfoppoteeinfomatz

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I use a projector to run my PS4. I play alot of Path of Exile on it. Have been using it for my console gaming for a few years now and loving it. I havent any negatives to say about it.
    foppotee
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Not to be a buzz kill, but the projected images look blurry to me. Maybe they're better when it's not a picture of a picture.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    gonna add this projector to my business

starlightmovienights.com
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    who is comming up with those names?

the "wank yo"?! echt jetz?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• LeibnitzLeibnitz Member UncommonPosts: 1
    This review is factually incorrect and substantively misleading.

The manufacturer states it is 4000 Lux and not 5000 Lux as stated in your review.

Lux is a misleading measurement which is meaningless without knowing at what distance it was measured. It is not used by any established projector manufacturer (Epson, BenQ, Viewsonic, LG).

I'll also point out that speakers in projectors should not be used since they can produce vibrations in the image (and they're invariable awful).

I'd also recommend some different editorial choices with this content, for example, include some good high res images of high res content being projected (onto a decent surface, not a dark wall) and link to any other product you're comparing to.

• Thawolf1Thawolf1 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    https://www.ivankyo.com/vankyo-vankyo-performance-v600-projector-sliver.html

right off their page 5000 Lux Exceptional Brightness.

The speakers didn't make anything vibrate on my side and I used it for several different games and did sound good to me. I don't write anything I didn't test.