Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Days Of Counting Down, Gamigo Reveals Archeage Unchained - MMORPG.com

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    I'll have to view some YT vids reviewing on this game before I consider it. Though reading through some of the posts it seems the game has its ups & downs which is common. A bit of a strange path going from F2P to B2P isn't it?
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Not interested.

I want a Subscription Server with no Cash Shop at all.
    Not going to happen of course, so I’ll pass on this mess.
    Kinring
  • Walkyier70Walkyier70 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    yea man , dam same old bait ... 2 games up which is silly to begin with , bleed some more money out of people who already payed and new folks as well thinking itll be different
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    meh labor points...lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Well I guess I'm the only one excited for Archeage: Unchained. I don't mind the B2P model at all, because it actually saves me money in the long run. I personally would have preferred a sub only/no cash shop model, but this is ok too. As long as everything is cosmetic and nothing is p2w, then good on them. I don't trust Trion, but Gamingo has never wronged me, so I'll give them an opportunity to do right.

Also people DO buy cosmetic stuff all the time. Wow makes tons of money off that stuff. Other games do as well.
    Phry
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    You can still play f2p version if you think b2p is a cash grab, two option for you. Life is getting harder prices always getting up because world bank printing paper money.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited August 2019
    B2P lol. I already BOUGHT it with my $100 founders pack. Not again.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

Recall this from the other thread...…what was that DMKano? Mr. Insider?
    mcrippinsbcbully
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Interesting that they went with Unchained instead of the 2050 moniker of their other idiotic reboot.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Renoaku said:
    I still don't understand how they can be trusted it seems everytime "Arche Age" gets broken and the population decreases they open a new "Fresh Start Server" Us whales myself included who spent more than $1000 in the game and got completely f**** over by Trion Worlds now have to deal with "Gamigo" making fresh start servers yet again just with different "Server Rule Modfications" based off reading their post.

So basically it has happened again, server division, people who spent a lot even going back into the game makes no sense because who is to say Gamigo / Trion won't do it again with yet another server on messing up the game yet again. ----------Even people who own Solar, Lunar, Stellar Farms, Gems, as well as every cosmetic in the game don't get to transfer any of this over, yet some spent hundreds of dollars in Loot Box to get these.
    Fresh start servers mean fresh cash influx to the cash shop, thats it, there is no other reason why it's done anymore.    I was reading somewhere about some MMO that opens a new server every 3 days and offers exclusive god like weapons to whoever spends the most amount of money in 24 hours.

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    "You will be able to purchase vanity items via Credits"

This has been said literally every fresh start server. And they stick with it for all of 2 weeks before the cash shop all of a sudden starts being filled with pay to win items.

What a joke.
    [Deleted User]
  • AurorikinAurorikin Member UncommonPosts: 38
    We all know that this buy to play model will sooner or later turn into F2P then P2W but I'll buy in anyway. The early days of an MMORPG are always the best and I'll try to get my moneys worth out of it before they ruin things.
    [Deleted User]
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Renoaku said:
    I still don't understand how they can be trusted it seems everytime "Arche Age" gets broken and the population decreases they open a new "Fresh Start Server" Us whales myself included who spent more than $1000 in the game and got completely f**** over by Trion Worlds now have to deal with "Gamigo" making fresh start servers yet again just with different "Server Rule Modfications" based off reading their post.

So basically it has happened again, server division, people who spent a lot even going back into the game makes no sense because who is to say Gamigo / Trion won't do it again with yet another server on messing up the game yet again. ----------Even people who own Solar, Lunar, Stellar Farms, Gems, as well as every cosmetic in the game don't get to transfer any of this over, yet some spent hundreds of dollars in Loot Box to get these.
    Be careful of third rate companies. Trion, gamigo etc etc. They have proven bad reputations for a good reason. Also, be aware even in these forums you have ex employees of said companies. Sorry that you spend all that money and got screwed but unfortunately that is the gaming world these days. It is very bad and cutthroat.

• mlambert890mlambert890 Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited August 2019
    It's weird how many MMO players are mentally unstable, investing *massive* emotion in games and *never* "moving on".  Goes back to the UO days.

People with 80 hrs a week to spend living in a game rage about *any* level of cost, and expect to play for 15 years with one initial $30 purchase.  Of course that hits a wall once they realize there is someone with *120* hrs a week to play, who inevitably then outstrips them in terms of "competitiveness". Then the raging begins... Off to the forums they go to spend the next X years railing against dev XYZ as if they were dumping carcinogens into the water supply.

On the flip side you have folks who dont have much time at all, but who *do* have some money, and so rage until they get a system that the "more time than money" crowd screams is "P2W!!!!!!!" (and therefore "evil" because in their view the only "noble" currency is time, since that's what *they* have surplus of).  Of course *that* hits a wall too once the "more money than time" set realize there is *always* someone with more $$$ to drop.

What this genre really needs is a psychological screening before *allowing* you to play.  Ive played dozens of MMOs since the genre started and I just enjoy them within the constraints of time, money and skill that limit me.  And in *every* single one there is an incessantly vocal contingent of malcontents *living* on forums for *years* raging on and on and on about the *same* crap, with a religious level belief that in *this* case it's "different" (ironically they'll often harken back to some supposedly perfect game of yore which absolutely had the *exact* same kind of BS forum insanity when it was new)

Personally I've never found issues with game design to be a problem on the scale of world hunger or the ME conflict.  The fact that so many gamers view crap like this as *existential* is just proof what they *really* need is to *step away* from the keyboard.
    CryomatrixPhrycheebaalkarionlogGdemami
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Are the classes interesting? In game housing, sandbox, is the game more than just a WoW clone?
    alkarionlog
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Why would I pay for something I already am playing? It's another Fresh Start server with lipstick on. Unless this thing has a MASSIVE overhaul and I'm talking engine improvements, 64 bit client so that modern power systems can run it without issues.. It would have to be a completely different Archeage for me to even consider it.. I been through the broken promises and lies to trust them again.. Otherwise it's just Trion 2.0....
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Are the classes interesting? In game housing, sandbox, is the game more than just a WoW clone?
    Classes are one of the better parts of the game, because classes function as archetypes built out of pairing three skillsets together.

The game is not a sandbox, with a caveat that a large enough group can essentially built a castle from scratch if they own sufficient space. Housing I found to be kind of annoying though, it was a bother to compete in landgrabs, filled the zones with unsightly building farms, and mostly existed so people could just play a dumbed down version of harvest moon just to then run a pack somewhere on a trade route.

On a conceptual level, most of the mechanics are neat, but they sort of did not mesh together on a practical level to me.

I did enjoy making and selling custom symbols in it though. Had an awesome cat themed jolly roger that I stuck on my ships.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I thought everybody wanted a subscription only server with all tems available in-game without having to to hit the garbage cash shop.

So now this one is just a box price, but same thing minus APEX and labor pool subscription? How does that change anything? I'm being serious. Educate me.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I thought everybody wanted a subscription only server with all tems available in-game without having to to hit the garbage cash shop.

So now this one is just a box price, but same thing minus APEX and labor pool subscription? How does that change anything? I'm being serious. Educate me.
    I'd be interested in this answer too. I have limited knowledge of ArcheAge, so a player's breakdown of how this will be different would be fantastic for me.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    you choose 3 archtypes and build your own class, in theory there are a lot of combinations, but in practice only a few is effective. There are people who build the worst class, and they love it. shrug. but back to the point of cash shop. ugh yeah no.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Maybe the cosmetic cash shop was a condition set by the AA devs/owner to allow the b2p request by Gamigo to happen. The in-between here of kinda getting 50% of what most people wanted seems like a product of some back and forth negotiations but that's just my opinion. I'm approaching this cautiously but will buy it to see what it's like and if they eventually add p2w well then I'll just stop playing no biggie.
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Same Allods online tactic. I like it. Milk emm allll.
  • MauroDiogoMauroDiogo Member UncommonPosts: 53
    How is this nothing more than a cash grab?
    Game released as a F2P game. The F2P business Model is still there. They have made slight changes and now are passing it off as a B2P game... With the F2P monetization included PLUS yet another unnecessary "Season Pass".

So you have all the trappings of a F2P game, with the initial purchase of a B2P game... And it's not even a new game at that.
    Gdemami
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Does anyone actually think that they are not going to add “convenance” items? 
    [Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76
    It could be the devils in the details . I wont rule out playing this because I always felt the game had great potential but I will have to know more about the Archepass first . Lets see if they learn the lesson that greed has the opposite desired effect on profits .