Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well yet again this video like most of mmorpg gaming is heading down the path of LOOT.
    i have already been there done that,what i am looking for is a world and to feel like i live in that world.
    Heading into instances for loot all the time will become a 24/7 routine over and over leaving no real world or game play,just looting of instances.

I no longer want devs to dilute mmorpg's or lower them to a single denominator,i want a WORLD to reside in,an OPEN world where everyone can help each other.

FFXI did the loot/Boss idea the best,they made the spawns so slow they were actually RARE.MOST games just create instances so that every single player feels like a winner,everyone can do that exact same boss at the same time,making them NON rare and ends up being nothing special at all.

Furthermore the actual battles and gear need to be a heck of a lot more intriguing than just a blunt or just a piercing weapon,we need mobs of varied types of defenses,the TYPE of weapon needs to matter and we need to see elemental properties etc etc.

If i see same old been there done that,i will not be interested at all,i need to see something robust with unique qualities,great AI and a solid UI to boot.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    SO far in the last 20 years i have seen EQ>FFXi>Atlas and everything in between has been cheap meaningless game design.
    I somehow feel this team may just be too small to deliver a robust game.If i see some qualities that says...hmm stick around it will be great and get bigger over time,then sure i am in but i have to see that AAA in the very first few minutes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Wizardry said:

...MOST games just create instances so that every single player feels like a winner,everyone can do that exact same boss at the same time,making them NON rare and ends up being nothing special at all.

Furthermore the actual battles and gear need to be a heck of a lot more intriguing than just a blunt or just a piercing weapon,we need mobs of varied types of defenses,the TYPE of weapon needs to matter and we need to see elemental properties etc etc.

Pretty sure Pantheon meets these two requirements.  There will be no instances and there will be differing gear that is required just to survive in some zones.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Wizardry said:

Have you played DDO?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Wizardry said:
    Well yet again this video like most of mmorpg gaming is heading down the path of LOOT.
    i have already been there done that,what i am looking for is a world and to feel like i live in that world.
    Heading into instances for loot all the time will become a 24/7 routine over and over leaving no real world or game play,just looting of instances.

I no longer want devs to dilute mmorpg's or lower them to a single denominator,i want a WORLD to reside in,an OPEN world where everyone can help each other.

FFXI did the loot/Boss idea the best,they made the spawns so slow they were actually RARE.MOST games just create instances so that every single player feels like a winner,everyone can do that exact same boss at the same time,making them NON rare and ends up being nothing special at all.

If i see same old been there done that,i will not be interested at all,i need to see something robust with unique qualities,great AI and a solid UI to boot.

Hi Wizardry, this video is just one of many on Pantheon. While loot is certainly a part of the experience, it is by no means the only or even the largest part. I suggest you actually look deeper into what Pantheon is, as it sounds like something you would probably enjoy.

Firstly, Pantheon will not have any instances. The devs' primary goal is to make an immersive, open world where players can help each other, and feel like they are at home as part of a living community. Part of what makes loot so desirable in Pantheon is that is rare, unique, and often requires cooperative strategies to attain. If you want to read more about the devs' vision to make Pantheon different from the other MMOs we've grown bored of, I suggest you read this: https://pantheonmmo.com/game/pantheon_difference/
    Gdemami
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I like loot.
    svannAmathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    What I liked about loot in EQ was that if you won an item, it would remain a good item for you for months, maybe longer. Whereas in WoW, it was not uncommon for me to upgrade an item multiple times in the same day. That really sucks the joy right out of it for me.
    Mendel

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests