Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Empires Definitive Edition Available Now, Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Launching Nove

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAge of Empires Definitive Edition Available Now, Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Launching November 14 - MMORPG.com

As previously hinted at, Age of Empires Definitive Edition is available now, with Age of Empires II Definitive Edition set to release on November 14.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Aori said:
    Is it an actual remake or just an even nicer HD upscale? I already have an HD upscale, why more? I'll need to see videos before I am interested.
    Nah it's the same. 4k texture, remaster audio. can't tell much of the difference the unit is still tiny.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

Aori said:

Is it an actual remake or just an even nicer HD upscale? I already have an HD upscale, why more? I'll need to see videos before I am interested.

https://www.ageofempires.com/games/aoe/ try this shows a comparison
    bgzgamer
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Sure looks purdy! May have to get this one just to support this kind of makeover
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Worth it if you did not get the HD upgrade, but gaming companies do like to flog and old game.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I know AOE2 definitive, has new civs

Myrdynn said:

I know AOE2 definitive, has new civs

i believe AOE2 def ed is more like an expac (story civs etc) because they said if u own the game u can upgrade for like $5-10
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Not so MMO . . . or RPG?
    Meant to put this on Gamespace maybe?
    Baalzharon
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Not so MMO . . . or RPG?
    They do articles on hardware so I think strategy games get a pass. :)

Not so MMO . . . or RPG?

Well aslong as its not a mobile game anything gets a pass as they usually are sponsored content and are typically bad games in general just looking for customers for Microtransactions!

MMO's are on the decline now and had its boon like 10 years ago this site is just diversifying to keep content coming!
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Scot said:
    Not so MMO . . . or RPG?
    They do articles on hardware so I think strategy games get a pass. :)
    Hey, you need hardware to play MMORPGs too :P

Not so MMO . . . or RPG?

Well aslong as its not a mobile game anything gets a pass as they usually are sponsored content and are typically bad games in general just looking for customers for Microtransactions!

MMO's are on the decline now and had its boon like 10 years ago this site is just diversifying to keep content coming!
    Mobile MMORPGs are right in scope. They do have a category on Not So MMO for single-player RPGs, and another site to talk about other games, Gamesspace, so from what I know of the recent policy of this site  I think it was a valid comment. They also link to articles on Gamespace.