Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage Unchained will be B2P without subscription.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2019
    fcwedd said: by
    What are they going to do to the players who purchased the $200 founder's pack from back in the day? Will they still get their pre-order goodies etc?
    No.

Nothing, nada , zip, zero.
    Steelhelm

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited August 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    So a game that has been "literally" sucking their fans dry through P2W monetizations for 5 years, suddenly decides to turn it all around and offer up the same game to everyone for free after purchasing the base game?

Well, GW2 succeeded at doing this, but ArcheAge the game itself makes this whole "vision" an impossible concept. Such as, how do you handle in game property ownership? First come first serve right? So once all land slots are claimed, why would anyone else bother joining? In hopes someone doesn't pay the rent? Nah, this isn't going to work. You needed a subscription model in order to limit who can own land. This format you've described just sounds like another train wreck waiting to happen, but uhm, good luck with that.
    They are saying everyone will be able to get land, but haven't elaborated on the details, coming "soon." 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Kyleran said:
    fcwedd said: by
    What are they going to do to the players who purchased the $200 founder's pack from back in the day? Will they still get their pre-order goodies etc?
    No.

Nothing, nada , zip, zero.

Nice!
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Kyleran said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    So a game that has been "literally" sucking their fans dry through P2W monetizations for 5 years, suddenly decides to turn it all around and offer up the same game to everyone for free after purchasing the base game?

Well, GW2 succeeded at doing this, but ArcheAge the game itself makes this whole "vision" an impossible concept. Such as, how do you handle in game property ownership? First come first serve right? So once all land slots are claimed, why would anyone else bother joining? In hopes someone doesn't pay the rent? Nah, this isn't going to work. You needed a subscription model in order to limit who can own land. This format you've described just sounds like another train wreck waiting to happen, but uhm, good luck with that.
    They are saying everyone will be able to get land, but haven't elaborated on the details, coming "soon." 
    something like the instanced studio or instanced housing I bet, it will take too long to start? I cant wait to see this trainwreck
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I liked Archeage, I even subbed, this is good I am in even if it only lasts me 3-4 months its good value
    alkarionlog
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    looks like a cash grab to me with alot of nerfed systems inplace well just have to see well i wont willl be to busy with wow classic.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Too bad, they couldn't make PVP optional.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Hariken said:
    Too bad, they couldn't make PVP optional.
    There's worse: too bad they couldn't erase Labor entirely...

Good point.  When did AoC Unchained announce?   CU was so long ago entire games have come and gone... I have lost all frame of time.
    At the f2p change, 2011. No idea about CU's date, I never liked DAoC and Co.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    They're doing the exact same thing both Black Desert and Bless did.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    kenguru23 said:
    "Housing will be available for everyone. "
    I wonder how are they going to make this work?I  remember everytime a new server opened the space was gone in hours. Are they making housing instanced? Or am I just misunderstanding the statement...
    I don't understand how you have open world housing without enough land.

I never got far into AA because of P2W andna seemingly endless gear grind in a PvP environment.  Meaning if you aren't a non lifer or credit card warrior you had no shot in PvP.  Maybe I am wrong but that was my impression.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Here is my question, will they allow people to buy multiple games and account to multibox. Or are they going to lock it to 1 character per PC ID or something.

Cause if I can buy 10-20 games and have 50,000-100,000 labor and own a whole half of a zone with massive houses and farms, guess who can still P2W. (sounds crazy but that is exactly what the whales will do in that game if it is allowed)

If they were smart they would just copy Archerage's model (private server) without the p2w bs that is in it. Would be a solid game at that point. That thing is more popular then the live servers for a reason.

I also agree with the others. It always starts off nice in Archeage then it comes to the fresh starts. I do not buy the no-p2w cashshop at all. It always works like this, "Well we are adding X due to player demand but it is not really P2W", "Well the community asked us to add this as well was not our choice", "well at this point lets merge the servers".

Also I paid $150 already not counting the cashshop crap to even attempt to stay competitive... not sure if I want to give them more money at this point.
    No way to prevent players from buying multiple accounts and / or multi boxing, and no real reason to IMO.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Then no way to prevent the p2w problems that exist currently and no reason to buy the new game at all.
    [Deleted User]
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Xatsh said:
    Here is my question, will they allow people to buy multiple games and account to multibox. Or are they going to lock it to 1 character per PC ID or something.

Cause if I can buy 10-20 games and have 50,000-100,000 labor and own a whole half of a zone with massive houses and farms, guess who can still P2W. (sounds crazy but that is exactly what the whales will do in that game if it is allowed)

If they were smart they would just copy Archerage's model (private server) without the p2w bs that is in it. Would be a solid game at that point. That thing is more popular then the live servers for a reason.

I also agree with the others. It always starts off nice in Archeage then it comes to the fresh starts. I do not buy the no-p2w cashshop at all. It always works like this, "Well we are adding X due to player demand but it is not really P2W", "Well the community asked us to add this as well was not our choice", "well at this point lets merge the servers".

Also I paid $150 already not counting the cashshop crap to even attempt to stay competitive... not sure if I want to give them more money at this point.
    Archerage pirvate server? Never heard of this. It has a good population?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    My favorite was this:

Why didn't you change the monetization of the original ArcheAge F2P version and instead make a new game out of it? 
    Unfortunately, our idea for ArcheAge: Unchained was not feasible for the original ArcheAge F2P version with an already existing game economy.

I translate that as "just because." 
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    fcwedd said:
    Gamigo didn't see a dime from those founder packs and they are the new owners. Expect to pay for another $200 new founder packs lol
    Kyleran

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Torval said:
    By the way.  Camelot Unchained wants their name back.

You mean Age of Conan: Unchained.
    Good point.  When did AoC Unchained announce?   CU was so long ago entire games have come and gone... I have lost all frame of time.
    Well Mortal Combat:Unchained was launched in 2006 (or maybe even 2005). Pretty sure that pre-dates CU - although as said it has been so long .... 

Probably ones before that as well.

The good news is though that there have been lots of X Unchained so CU shouldn't have to give up its name.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    The Subscription model is not the problem.
    The fucking Cash Shop model is the problem.

Come back to me when you implement a Subscription only model.
    Meanwhile I pass on this POS.
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Completely ignoring the monetization, can someone comment on the actual gameplay? I never played it. Is this a fun mmo? What does it excel at?

Mend and Defend

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    learis1 said:
    Completely ignoring the monetization, can someone comment on the actual gameplay? I never played it. Is this a fun mmo? What does it excel at?
    The game was good at release, now is just Hiram farming, that’s where you get the best gear.

The game is a mix between a themepark and a sandbox, a bit like BDO but with better PVE, with dungeons and the trinity system.

There are two things really annoying:
    The labour system that limits the amount of crafting you can do each day.
    And the Enchanting system which randomly upgrade your gear. It just suxx.

Other than that the game is great.
    Steelhelm
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    seems silly to sell the same game with the same content, twice.  

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I tried ArcheAge, I mean it was not a bad game, but it also didn't hold my attention either. 

I wish them the best with the game and this new "restart" tho, maybe it will be the game players kept hoping it should have been all along.. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    When the B2P sales slow down, they will put mroe in the "vanity" cash shop you can bank on that.
    [Deleted User]
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Instead of a f2p with cashshop...

they want us to buy a box copy "with" a cash shop?