Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Days Of Counting Down, Gamigo Reveals Archeage Unchained - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAfter Days Of Counting Down, Gamigo Reveals Archeage Unchained - MMORPG.com

After days and days of counting down with tidbits of info being fed to eager players, Gamigo have finally revealed what the timer was all about. ArcheAge's developer revealed that Archeage Unchained will be releasing, this time with a buy-to-play model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Nice! Get rid of anything from the old game. No veteran rewards, no founder packs, no anything.

Treat it as a completely new and fresh entity. I'm actually excited.
    FacelessSaviorQuicksandValdheimgastovski1tannim78
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    not going to fall for that crap again....
    AGGabrielLife2vSeelinnikoiAreteoAsm0deusViper482F2Plague[Deleted User]wingoodbcbullyand 5 others.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2019
    I still don't understand how they can be trusted it seems everytime "Arche Age" gets broken and the population decreases they open a new "Fresh Start Server" Us whales myself included who spent more than $1000 in the game and got completely f**** over by Trion Worlds now have to deal with "Gamigo" making fresh start servers yet again just with different "Server Rule Modfications" based off reading their post.

So basically it has happened again, server division, people who spent a lot even going back into the game makes no sense because who is to say Gamigo / Trion won't do it again with yet another server on messing up the game yet again. ----------Even people who own Solar, Lunar, Stellar Farms, Gems, as well as every cosmetic in the game don't get to transfer any of this over, yet some spent hundreds of dollars in Loot Box to get these.
    Areteodoomexnoob5325Matimusmaximusnumatic
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Character creator, dialogue, voice acting and the story are all abysmal. Game isnt worth paying for. Or playing. Or watching. Or caring about.
    IlayazigalucardAreteoFacelessSaviorQuicksandgastovski1
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Renoaku said:
    I still don't understand how they can be trusted it seems everytime "Arche Age" gets broken and the population decreases they open a new "Fresh Start Server" Us whales myself included who spent more than $1000 in the game and got completely f**** over by Trion Worlds now have to deal with "Gamigo" making fresh start servers yet again just with different "Server Rule Modfications" based off reading their post.

So basically it has happened again, server division, people who spent a lot even going back into the game makes no sense because who is to say Gamigo / Trion won't do it again with yet another server on messing up the game yet again. ----------Even people who own Solar, Lunar, Stellar Farms, Gems, as well as every cosmetic in the game don't get to transfer any of this over, yet some spent hundreds of dollars in Loot Box to get these.
    You can still play on your server, right?

WhiskeydustFacelessSaviorValdheiminfomatz
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2019
    If it's $20 and there's a good amount of interest shown by people leading up to it, i'll give it a go. If it's $30+ then there's no chance. They can't treat an attempt at saving their game as a brand new thing. I've got money to waste if I really want to but they don't deserve it on principle.

Get 1000's in at $20 or 100's in at $40. It's up to them.
    larroxxbartoni33wingoodgastovski1corvas
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    "Archeage Season Pass" Hmmmm very suspect.
    bartoni33QuicksandPhrywingoodAzaron_Nightbladegastovski1
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

If it's $20 and there's a good amount of interest shown by people leading up to it, i'll give it a go. If it's $30+ then there's no chance. They can't treat an attempt at saving their game as a brand new thing. I've got money to waste if I really want to but they don't deserve it on principle.

so the difference is 20 or 30? seems extreme
    xxBoneZxx
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    edited August 2019
    and it's going to come back with the same exploits that have been going rampant since the korean alpha. this game was, is and will no doubt be cheater's paradise as usual. hard pass
    Post edited by ananit on
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2019
    Myrdynn said:

so the difference is 20 or 30? seems extreme
    Principle.. it needs to hit the budget range or they are taking the piss.

They are expecting you to 'pay' for the privilege of not getting raped by a P2W cash shop, after all.
    Waan
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Fool me twice...

Not gonna be fooled this time. Cash grab nothing more.
    Areteobcbullydoomexgastovski1
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    "there will be no subscription" Except, you know, seasonal ArchePasses are totally going to be a subscription variant.
    Areteobartoni33Valdheiminfomatzwingoodgastovski1
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Not going to buy into this one. I don't trust Gamigo to do anything other than a quick cash grab followed by a server shutdown or pay to win microtransactions.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Still has labor points
    AreteoSandmanjwValdheiminfomatzgastovski1MrNylon
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    If Archpass is like Paladins battle pass/sub that gives rewards for playing and it isn't too expensive it may be worth it.

Even if the b2p price is on the higher side for PC standards when compared to mobile games even $60 is not really much at all. The btp price is just a few months of a sub in other games.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I’m cautiously optimistic about this, if gamigo deliver what they are promising, a non P2W AA with cosmetic only cash shop then that’s a hundred times more than Trion did in 4 years with AA.

They should really remove all the Trion branding before launch, but I assume it’s still there for the time being due to licencing.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Nope.

I just feel bad for those who fall for this yet again.

This is yet another cash grab.

Why not grant existing players who have spent $50+ (or some other amount) free b2p pass to play on those servers?

I imagine for the same reason that Trion did not make such an offer ..

Strange that you did not feel bad for anyone that fell for it while Trion offered Fresh start server 3 times ...strange indeed

Nephethceratop001shalissar
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    edited August 2019
    NOW that sounds alot better, I refused to play Archage when you had to both pay a monthly subscription AND have to purchase items from the Shop on a weekly basis. It was too much and just felt like you was being robbed.
    Game for that was just NOT worth playing.
    Now with the B2P model you can have everything after buying the game and just purchase expansions that you want, when released for them to have money comming in.

In Game Shops and Loot Crates were a BIG NO NO, to me when they started, when you buy a game and it has a subscription (monthly) you should NOT have to buy items from in game shop for real money, currencies to buy should be earned in game via tasks/quests or dropped in the game from boss's. With this news i more than likely would go for the game. I still have a bad taste in my mouth after being scammed from buying 6 x 60day Rift Gametime cards, using 2 and playing those 4 mths then PC issue in the last week lasting a couple of months (New PC) and then taking 8 more months before returning then finding out that the gametime cards were now obsolete really pivved me off, Rift was uninstalled. Defiance was the only thing left, though the B2P model was being discontinued when the 2050 (or whatever) came out and that version really sucked @ss bigtime = That was uninstalled and so was the launcher, Trion Worlds basically screwed everyone over and killed themselves with stupid decisions.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    its not Marvel Heroes Omega so i dont care archeage was poop
    Tokken
  • WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Archeage is not pay to win. Noob always complain because they don't know how to win. They need to create sub only server to lure all pay to win / nub players. Good move gamigo :3
    AreteoinfomatzFlyByKnightgastovski1tannim78
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    So hmm literally last grab before dump the whole thing? Nice try, I'm moving on.
    NorseGodAreteo

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited August 2019
    Charging for a previously free failure of a game.

Oh Gamigo, you are not our Amigo!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    BS on cosmetic,if items are non valuable nobody would buy them.The problem persists further down the road,once baited in,hooked,they can easily add  in a full p2w  cash shop a year or two later after you already have a lot invested into the game,then what...quit?
    I like to quit on MY TERMS and not because a developer a year or two later implemented ideas that turned me right off,like p2w cash shops.

I would rather have NO CASH shop at all,that way there is a better chance the developer is more fair...honest,not trying to gouge players for MORE,so maybe it remains that way forever.
    Sadly only ONE game did that,FFXI remained non cash shop forever,at least for the 15 years i played.
    If all these other developers can say they went 15 years without bullshit cash shops they can stand up to the podium and be congratulated but NONE of them can do that,not blizzard,not NCSOFT,Not Trion/Gamigo,not SOE/DB NONE of them.
    I do NOT look at gaming from a business standpoint,why would i,i look at gaming from MY standpoint as a consumer.I do NOT want to be gouged,ripped off,baited,hooked into anything that revolves around $$$,i simply want to pay for a game and play it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I do not care WHAT game it is or what the developer says it is doing,if there is a cash shop,it is a scummy move.
    AreteoFacelessSaviordoomexgastovski1

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AreteoAreteo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    CRASH & BURN ALREADY, ARCHEAGE!!! I have never longed to see a game fail and shut down so much before (have never at all before, in fact).