Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysterious Countdown Timer Started on Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com

12346»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,173
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:
    Oh kiwi - come on - I know people who are still at Gamigo like currently employed and working there in the office right now ;)

What point specifically do you want to dispute that I wrote above?
    All of it because 4 possibilities are at play here:

1. You are telling a public forum information you shouldnt & the people /person who informs you doesn't know.

2. They do know which makes them super shitty people because it's a business & your need to be the  gossip queen on this company  has possible impact.

3. You are adding your own agenda to anything you share/the agenda of those sharing any info with you IF IT IS EVEN TRUE it so your opinion is often biased

4. All of the above is shitty.

1. The persons (it's way more than 1 - because I never trust a single source) - DO KNOW

2. They work for a super shitty company - and are looking to leave so.....

3. All opinions are BIASED - what I am stating is not opinion however

4. That's your opinion - thanks for playing
    Then that confirms you are a despicable person and so are they and its a real shame you think you are so important and need to sabotage any efforts that cost you nothing - you don't have to play - on this forum.
    The type of information being speculated / talked about here is stuff that Gamigo wants people to talk about. They want "word of mouth" marketing. That is why they have posted the screen. So talk about a "breach of trust" is laughable.

And historically, if you go back and check out @DMKano 's post history you will see that, at times, he has said quite clearly that there are things he "knew at the time" but would not post because of confidentially agreements.

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 231
    edited August 16
    gervaise1 said:
    The type of information being speculated / talked about here is stuff that Gamigo wants people to talk about. They want "word of mouth" marketing. That is why they have posted the screen. So talk about a "breach of trust" is laughable.

And historically, if you go back and check out @DMKano 's post history you will see that, at times, he has said quite clearly that there are things he "knew at the time" but would not post because of confidentially agreements.

I'm not sure what the relevance of anything you've said has to do with the fact this is all just dodgy and 50 shades of lame. The end, that's it - don't have to add anything further.

I also don't have to check anything I've been here for years. Don't normally care but blatant lies are now being introduced to get more attention and it needs to end.

Weekend time, hopefully folks get away from the PC and get some fresh air and stop fermenting in nonsense. Take it easy.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,648
    I tried AA at launch and got kicked from my guild for criticizing the idiotic Labor Point system. (They were some hardcore founder's packers who were desperate for the game to succeed.) Like the person in the quote, I didn't play the game much past two days.

If nothing else, this will be a sweet vindication, assuming the rumors are true.

I also remember the graphics being pretty choppy at that time. Did that ever improve, I wonder? If so, I'd have very few remaining complaints about the game.
    labor points was never the problem, possible you did complain more then only labor points and started to look toxic, yeah new people tend to be kicked fast if the very first day he is already this toxic
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,901
    edited August 17
    moshra said:
    Let me guess, the 2 or 3 good employees are the ones feeding you all this info?

Nope - those folks hardly talk to anyone - best employees don't have time to talk and bs.

People who are feeding me info are just your run of the mill disillusioned employees - basically your average american workers who only show up every day because there are bills to pay (this is what 90% of the US workforce is like) - i mean I know there are people who love their jobs out there - vast majority just tolerate it so they can pay bills - don't hate, but don't love it - just sort of endure their work.

edited August 17
    KiwiHype said:
    gervaise1 said:

I'm not sure what the relevance of anything you've said has to do with the fact this is all just dodgy and 50 shades of lame. The end, that's it - don't have to add anything further.

I also don't have to check anything I've been here for years. Don't normally care but blatant lies are now being introduced to get more attention and it needs to end.

Weekend time, hopefully folks get away from the PC and get some fresh air and stop fermenting in nonsense. Take it easy.

I am still waiting for you to point out a specific thing that's wrong and specific things that's right.

You promised a reality check - but so far ... you haven't delivered anything relevant Kiwi :/

As you put it - it has been 50 shades of lame (I am stealing this phrase from you) - the best part was "I don't have to add anything further" - you literally haven't added anything to begin with in this entire thread - other than saying "oh he wrong!" and then crickets.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,612
    So long and thanks for all the fish!
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member UncommonPosts: 130

3vilution said:

The end of Trion finally has a countdown.

My thoughts exactly! Half of Trions devs have left to work on Smedley's Middle-earth Online project ( the holy grail of MMO projects), so when i saw this timer, i was like: "boy wouldn't it be funny if this was the countdown to when Trion closes it's doors?"

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,419
    Neoyoshi said:

3vilution said:

My thoughts exactly! Half of Trions devs have left to work on Smedley's Middle-earth Online project ( the holy grail of MMO projects), so when i saw this timer, i was like: "boy wouldn't it be funny if this was the countdown to when Trion closes it's doors?"

It would be one of the funniest things if the countdown was seriously just Gamigo finally stopping being lazy and getting rid of the Trion Worlds directory site.
    Albatroes said:
    Neoyoshi said:

3vilution said:

It would be one of the funniest things if the countdown was seriously just Gamigo finally stopping being lazy and getting rid of the Trion Worlds directory site.

They need to as legally Trion Worlds doesnt exist anymore, the company was dissolved 

Also while a few devs went to Amazon game studios- it's far from majority. 

2nd middle earth online is being developed by a Leyou (Hong  kong video game company) - Amazon will just host it.

DMKano said:

Scorchien said:

DMKano said:

This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me... but that's what this should be - unless of course they fucked it up and still left the cash shop in lol

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right
    l

Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again.

l

the plan was to keep the current servers as is but will add a new p2p no cash shop server without P2W mechanics.

So Bitter ..

Good to see AA and Rift in competent hands now ..

You certainly uninformed. 

Rift team is down to 2 devs.

AA is only in Gamigos hands until the contract runs out - Gamigo has attempted to move AA to cloud a handful of times and failed spectacularly every single time. 

Go ask the EU players how many times AA went offline and was unplayable since Gamigo took over?

They finally rolled back to physical servers since they couldn't make it work.

XL was furious over the whole debacle and will be ditching Gamigo after the contract expires 

Yeah competent hands??? Lol

Gamigo is far worse than Trion was. 

meh to looks like like the same, only gamigo pushed XL more then trion did, I wonder who would be dumb enough to take AA after that contract expire though

DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:
    Neoyoshi said:

3vilution said:

They need to as legally Trion Worlds doesnt exist anymore, the company was dissolved 

Also while a few devs went to Amazon game studios- it's far from majority. 

2nd middle earth online is being developed by a Leyou (Hong  kong video game company) - Amazon will just host it.

so chinese devs working on a middle earth? nice way to kill a game even before it was made