Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands 3 Will Launch With Denuvo Anti-DRM Software - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Dunno...i think when the companies use these things (DRM) it just sets the hackers off and makes them priority 1 to crack and get it out on the web so people can pirate it.

At this point i think it does more harm than good. I mean a pirate is gonna pirate...the only thing this will do is make some potential buyers back off because of the bad word of mouth.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    i'll be playing day 1 on my PS4. in the meantime, all you computer elitists can cry and whine about your FPS and pricing. i see posts like this for virtually every new game released on PC and im glad i moved on from PC to console. 
    bartoni33OzmodanPhry[Deleted User]gervaise1ragebullet
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

MrOfficer said:

Well im from Norway and i dont really care about anything like this, but why do america seem to whine so much?, just buy it on epic and play it from epic o.o' so simple.

I'm American and I totally agree with you. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about Epic or pick any number of other silly biases. If you like a game, buy it, play it. Pretty much everything we touch, use, eat, play, wear, drive involves shady business practices, political maneuvering, broken labor laws, you name it. Why this one thing? I mean, I understand the ideas they bring up as arguments, but it just seems arbitrary to me.

At least less and less people complain about online DRM. Remember the days of "I hate Steam, I'll never buy from them!!!11!ONE!"?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2019
    Patience is a virtue. I bought BL1 and BL2 on Steam for $5 and $10 respectively, years after launch. I could have paid more for the physical console version but at the time those games launched i wasn't interested in the series.

With all the controversy behind 2K, Gearbox and BL3, i have even more reason to wait this one out or just get the PS4 version.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    sschrupp said:

MrOfficer said:

Well im from Norway and i dont really care about anything like this, but why do america seem to whine so much?, just buy it on epic and play it from epic o.o' so simple.

I'm American and I totally agree with you. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about Epic or pick any number of other silly biases. If you like a game, buy it, play it. Pretty much everything we touch, use, eat, play, wear, drive involves shady business practices, political maneuvering, broken labor laws, you name it. Why this one thing? I mean, I understand the ideas they bring up as arguments, but it just seems arbitrary to me.

At least less and less people complain about online DRM. Remember the days of "I hate Steam, I'll never buy from them!!!11!ONE!"?
    this is the norm for every game release now. no matter who makes it or what kind of game it is, people just bitch and moan about everything. they blame developers for games being the way they are, but really its the people. they have FORCED games to be the way they are.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Sandmanjw said:
    Dunno...i think when the companies use these things (DRM) it just sets the hackers off and makes them priority 1 to crack and get it out on the web so people can pirate it.

At this point i think it does more harm than good. I mean a pirate is gonna pirate...the only thing this will do is make some potential buyers back off because of the bad word of mouth.
    Quite true also there the part time pirates that only pirate when a game has drm like denuvo but then will spend money on a game that doesn't...just cause.
    rojoArcueidSandmanjw

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Asm0deus said:
    Sandmanjw said:

Quite true also there the part time pirates that only pirate when a game has drm like denuvo but then will spend money on a game that doesn't...just cause.
    I know i'm probably in the minority here but back when i lived in the caribbean where a monthly salary at that time was the price of a new game i pirated a lot. After moving to the US 12 years ago i started buying a bunch of those games and i'm slowly building a physical console collection. And after buying hundreds of DRM enforced games on PC in the last decade i'm now moving to GoG to stay away from DRM. If not available on GoG i'll get it on console, simple as that.
    Phryragebullet

• LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited August 2019
    They just have to implement it like Anno 1800, F1 2019, etc. and they know it won't cracked for months.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I also do not like Denuvo but I still buy the games ....no willpower.
    Chamber of Chains
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited August 2019
    Sucks for them because it always gets cracked. The newest version was cracked in a week... It's a big waste of money for companies to use it because it doesn't last. It just makes a game worse when it's being used. Know the irony about this? They didn't want to use Steam because it would cost more money and yet they bought a DRM service which costs a lot of money. I love their logic. I would laugh if this game gets cracked in less than a day.
    bartoni33
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    nomadie said:
    Sucks for them because it always gets cracked. The newest version was cracked in a week... It's a big waste of money for companies to use it because it doesn't last. It just makes a game worse when it's being used. Know the irony about this? They didn't want to use Steam because it would cost more money and yet they bought a DRM service which costs a lot of money. I love their logic. I would laugh if this game gets cracked in less than a day.
    That's the reason why I never try shooters tbh.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I won't buy it until it comes out on Steam (if it does). Epic Games AND Denuvo? No, thanks.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 2019
    I'm pretty sure this will all be sorted it out by the time the game comes out of Closed Beta in April 2020.  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯