Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is everyone at?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lineage 2 classic and some Black Desert. Waiting for A:IR and Blade & Soul UE4 update.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Nepheth said:
    goboygo said:
    Ungood said:
     whereas in GW2 raids were an huge pile of disjointed fecal matter 
    Are you referring to the everyone fighting by themselves for themselves, but doing it "standing" next to other people in a "raid" endlessly zerging and dying?  The raiding where no one player needs to tank, no one player needs to heal, no one player needs to DPS because everyone does all those things themselves all at once?
    It is ok to say that you don't like a game or a specific part of it. But what I see from your post is just straight up ignorance that's all... You either mixing up world bosses with raids or you don't know shit about how this game developed through the years and assume it is still the same old GW2.

Even tho it's not my cup of tea and I'm not playing the game anymore, GW2 has some really good raids. And no, everyone CAN'T do everything in GW2 at least not anymore. When was the last time you played this game? Seriously? There are tanks and healers and every player in raids have a part to play. Please try to do at least one raid in GW2 with the playstyle you described and than we talk.
    Are you kidding, it's even worse than other games where there were just roles, or maybe a highly coveted class, but in GW2 raids, it was like, you needed a Mesmer, and not just any mesmer, but one built a specific way to do a specific task. 

Just a overall bad thing to put into the game.

Also their raids were junk,  their most complex raid was not even half as engaging as the freebe newbe raid in DDO.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited August 2019
    Ungood said:
    Nepheth said:
    goboygo said:
    Ungood said:
    Are you referring to the everyone fighting by themselves for themselves, but doing it "standing" next to other people in a "raid" endlessly zerging and dying?  The raiding where no one player needs to tank, no one player needs to heal, no one player needs to DPS because everyone does all those things themselves all at once?
    It is ok to say that you don't like a game or a specific part of it. But what I see from your post is just straight up ignorance that's all... You either mixing up world bosses with raids or you don't know shit about how this game developed through the years and assume it is still the same old GW2.

Even tho it's not my cup of tea and I'm not playing the game anymore, GW2 has some really good raids. And no, everyone CAN'T do everything in GW2 at least not anymore. When was the last time you played this game? Seriously? There are tanks and healers and every player in raids have a part to play. Please try to do at least one raid in GW2 with the playstyle you described and than we talk.
    Are you kidding, it's even worse than other games where there were just roles, or maybe a highly coveted class, but in GW2 raids, it was like, you needed a Mesmer, and not just any mesmer, but one built a specific way to do a specific task. 

Also their raids were junk,  their most complex raid was not even half as engaging as the freebe newbe raid in DDO.
    My comment was not for you. [mod edit]

I didn't say anything about the quality of the raids except that some of them were good. I didn't compare it with DDO. I didn't even defend the game. I just pointed out some ignorant claims he made about the game because they were straight up false. But even then somehow you found a way to argue about the game. It is not the place for an argument like this. Please just stop and let the thread continue. 
    Post edited by Vaross on
    IselinSteelhelm
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Over 60, 
    Playing Grim Dawn and having a blast trying out different builds,
    Gw2 wvw only not gw2 pve,
    Sto for my space fix,
    D2, Anthem, for that shooter few minutes.  
    edited August 2019
    Nepheth said:
    Ungood said:
    Nepheth said:
    goboygo said:
    Ungood said:

My comment was not for you. And I'm not idiot enough to argue with a complete hater like you. When it comes to GW2 you are worse than Wizardry on this forum. You are so blinded with hate when it comes to this game you actually argued with us for days and got a warning because for it before. Common sense is nowhere to be seen with you when it comes to this game.

Yah.. just lay out a huge ass personal attack like that.. sure.. I mean, why shouldn't I just love this kind of insult.

I bet you would cry all to the high heavens if anyone talked to you like this.. Oh that's right, you did.. hence my warning. Thanks.

So let's just clear this up.. Neither was their post for you.. They were talking to me.. Not you..  next time follow your own advice.. and stay out what is not directed at you.

Not only that, I also already address they were talking about world bosses not raids.. making your post a total waste, and better left never have happening.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Alternating between AlterAeon, Screeps, and Other (usually single player).   But currently WHing it up in EVE Online, since it looks like CCP pulled their head ou....

AlterAeon has old style  pen and paper character building in an actual MMO.   It's actually pretty awesome if you'll play a MUD.

Screeps is an AI RTS programming ramped up to MMO scale and Persistence.  And lives the dream of 10,000+ human controlled AI all doing productive things 24/7.  It also takes what would be guild leadership features like building, planning defense, and planning sieges and puts them at the individual level.  While guild level actions operate at world war levels. 

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I am playing FFXIV atm, and don't plan on trying classic WoW for awhile, I remember vanilla WoW and I just don't have the time to put into it anymore. I have also been on my Oculus Quest and Switch to break the monotony of MMO's.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    There are so many games out there at the moment, but for me currently i am playing BDO, FFXIV and Eve, Division 2 every now and then, and hopefully WoW Classic in a couple of weeks time, probably going to have to drop 1 of the 3 if Classic is any good, hard choices ahead!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2019
    Fallout 3 with a bunch of mods.

FO3 was my very first FO experience back in the PS3/XB360 days but I just could not get into it. After playing FO4 and New Vegas, and falling in love with the lore and post-apoc gameplay i decided to come back to FO3 and give it a fair chance and i like it a lot. Mods make it even better.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    havent played mmo's in years. gave up on em. been playin on consoles since they seem to have the better games now.
    DMKano said:
    Moxom914 said:
    havent played mmo's in years. gave up on em. been playin on consoles since they seem to have the better games now.

As far as RPGs go the best games have always been single player games IMO.

MMOs evolved into "single player games" where you play along other people 99% of the time, but are still far inferior in comparison to gameplay experience in the best single player RPGs.

The only thing MMOs offer is the sense that you are not alone... I think many mmo players are feeling so lonely that MMOs fill that social interaction void for them.

So mmo playes are really settling down for an inferior game experience just so they fill the void of loneliness just a tiny bit.

There are always exceptions of course - but IMO best single player RPGs offer far better total gameplay experience than any MMORPG ever could, and the only thing MMOs offer is shallow social interaction that is good enough for most to fill the need for social interaction. 

....................... I was gonna say something, and then realized that your view was surprisingly more polite than my own... so.. lets just go with what you put out.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    been hopping around in old mmos, but not finding anything to keep me longer than a few weeks.  Latest stint was FFXI, SWTOR and EQ.  I'm just craving that new world feeling and it looks like Pantheon is the only one that might seem to scratch that it, but who knows when it will launch, /cry.  Going to try out Secret World Legends today...again.  Maybe I can find something to grab me while I wait for Pantheon.  May hop into WoW classic, but I already can see the burnout happening very quickly after a few weeks as it always does.  These days/months/years between MMO releases and content patches/expansions are frustrating.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    skeaser said:
    LOTRO and replaying some older single-player RPGs like Mass Effect. LOTRO is still my go-to MMO, it's not perfect but I love the lore and the world, and I feel like there's enough content that I could never actually get through it all. The community is pretty friendly too.
    Kind of what I'm doing at the moment.

Lord of the Rings Online and then Morrowind, Daggerfall, Dragonage Origins because Iselin reminded me it existed and screwhimnowIhaveanotherrpgvyingformyattention and messing around with Vane.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    edited August 2019
    Honestly mostly single player right now, with a little Paladins mixed in. Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny.

Play ESO off and on but it seems to get redundant somehow. FFIV is quest locked for most content, no thanks. I love SWTOR but it’s a little dated and feels like just too much sometimes.

I’ll be doing WoW Classic because I didn’t get to experience it since I was still playing EQ at the time.

The only MMOs giving me hope are Pantheon and Camelot Unchained, especially the latter. Although it seems like an eternity before either will be out.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Just unsubbed from the Anarchy Online RK2019 server as I'm not going to multi-box 6 accounts just to get the simplest tasks done because nobody with their own 6 accounts is willing to team with others (and why would they?). Sucks because I didn't want to unsub.

Don't know what I'm going to play next.

Currently logged into my Alpha account in Eve, mining and surfing the net. 
    Phaserlight
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    DMKano said:
    Moxom914 said:

As far as RPGs go the best games have always been single player games IMO.

MMOs evolved into "single player games" where you play along other people 99% of the time, but are still far inferior in comparison to gameplay experience in the best single player RPGs.

The only thing MMOs offer is the sense that you are not alone... I think many mmo players are feeling so lonely that MMOs fill that social interaction void for them.

So mmo playes are really settling down for an inferior game experience just so they fill the void of loneliness just a tiny bit.

There are always exceptions of course - but IMO best single player RPGs offer far better total gameplay experience than any MMORPG ever could, and the only thing MMOs offer is shallow social interaction that is good enough for most to fill the need for social interaction. 

I never got the heavy focus on the gaming part of MMORPG.  If really want to focus on the RPG aspect you are much better off making a coop RPG. You can quest and do dungeon crawls together without the technical limitations of MMORPG or wasted and or bloated content.

I always been into the virtual world aspect of MMORPG.i want to compete, cooperate and etc. with other players for better or worst.  Not follow some lame bloated story to just content. 
    PhaserlightSteelhelm
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Classic Wow in 8 days. Played vanilla servers for 3 years. Took nearly a year off to reset for Classic.

Classic should carry me through until some of the newer indie MMORPGs release that are against RMT and are trying to be real games. I'm hoping Classic teaches Blizzard some hard lessons. We'll see.
    Margrave

You stay sassy!

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Arterius said:
    I'm playing the ancient (30+ years old) MUD, Gemstone IV.  I've been playing almost daily for the last year and a half or so.  It's got a great community and lots of role playing.  I'm also in a Discord channel with my GS friends.
    Looking into that game @MightyUnclean and I am interested. Just wondering if playing F2P sucks. I noticed they have a sub
    Yeah, F2P totally sucks.  It's definitely far, far better to sub at the $15/mo. level.  F2P doesn't suck at the very low levels, but it will start to before you even get a great feeling for what the game's all about.
  • fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    cichy1012 said:
    Im 45 years old. I have been playing MMO's since Ultima Online and of course the notorious Everquest. Whatever has been released; I have played. I have a tendency to go back and fourth constantly always trying to find that one MMO to capture my attention. Question being; those of you around my age that are at battle with looking for that one MMO again; what are you all playing? Where are you at? I have hopes for Pantheon, but that's about it.
    Heh. I'm in the same boat. 40 here. Not playing any MMO at the moment ;/ Apparently, Trion is going to release some news today about Archeage, so I may play that if the news is good.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Tamanous said:
    Classic Wow in 8 days. Played vanilla servers for 3 years. Took nearly a year off to reset for Classic.

Classic should carry me through until some of the newer indie MMORPGs release that are against RMT and are trying to be real games. I'm hoping Classic teaches Blizzard some hard lessons. We'll see.

^ This for me also
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    38, work 30 to 80 hours a week, wife and kid, going up the starcraft 2 ladder, discovered a new passion, hell with ARPG, and if i had more time, i play a bit of entropia and try to stream as much as i can.

Also, started designing lego sets too as i got into legos with my 4 year old son.

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    DMKano said:
    AAAMEOW said:
    pokemon go.  Play mmorpg in the real world.
    Sorry but that's not even close to a mmorpg

You’re not playing it right.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    bcbully said:
    DMKano said:
    AAAMEOW said:
    pokemon go.  Play mmorpg in the real world.
    Sorry but that's not even close to a mmorpg

You’re not playing it right.
    If you are stood next to someone playing WOW then technically it is close to a mmorpg :p
    AlBQuirkybcbully
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Still hopping into FFXI while playing a character on WoW classic then playing WoW retail and loving the ease of play there, lol.  Also playing a little GW2 here and there when the mood suits me.  Still pining for Pantheon, yet I know it won't be a year or 2 till it comes out, /cry.
  • Expl0rerExpl0rer Member UncommonPosts: 8
    At age 78 it is hard to avoid joking about all these posters in their 40s who suggest they might be "old."  My suggestion is to do what I have done, exploring one world after another, now having spent considerable time in 50 MMOs.  (I got my first "computer game" in 1956, a Geniac.)  I prefer interesting environments and stories rather than combat, and am very sad to see Fallen Earth going offline, hopefully to return.  Mature folk might want to try A Tale in the Desert, which is just starting a new "telling" in which you get to build ancient Egypt with no combat but great fellowship with other players.  Yes, I've got 6 characters already in Classic WoW and wondering whether after that I can return to City of Heroes and whether the new Matrix movie might stimulate revival of The Matrix Online.  Yes I loved Tabula Rasa, Star Wars Galaxies and even Gods and Heroes which was about ancient Rome.  It looks like Pirates of the Burning Sea has survived for a while!
    elocke