Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands 3 Will Launch With Denuvo Anti-DRM Software - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,197
    Rhoklaw said:
    Why are people acting like this is going to be online only?

    It's not.
    Depends what DRM they are using. There are a couple versions, one which requires being online.
    There are versions of DRM that just require you to be online the first time you launch the game.  If you have to download from EGS anyway then you it shouldn't be a problem.  It's annoying but that's the way it is these days.

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I have such an giant backlog on games that I can wait for BL3 till it's on Steam Sale for 20 bucks with all DLC's. And after behaving like d**ks the last few months they don't deserve my day-one-money.
    XarkoAsm0deus
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    And this is why i like CDPR, they don't pull BS stunts like this and they certainly do not treat their customers like criminals.
    The other thing that CDPR has totally destroyed, is the narrative that DRM protects games and prevents revenue loss due to piracy.
    People who pirate games were never going to buy the game in the first place, instead genuine customers get hit with a higher priced game due to the costs of DRM and that has performance issues because of it.  :/

    Then there is the very valid argument that incorporating DRM like Denuvo actually encourages piracy because it has such a negative impact on games, something everyone is more than aware of by this point. :/
    ShaighXarkoAsm0deusrojoArcueidbartoni33GorweRhoklawDMKanoOG_Zorvankenguru23and 1 other.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,383
    How about this?


    Phry
    image
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Dunno...i think when the companies use these things (DRM) it just sets the hackers off and makes them priority 1 to crack and get it out on the web so people can pirate it.

    At this point i think it does more harm than good. I mean a pirate is gonna pirate...the only thing this will do is make some potential buyers back off because of the bad word of mouth.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member UncommonPosts: 706
    i'll be playing day 1 on my PS4. in the meantime, all you computer elitists can cry and whine about your FPS and pricing. i see posts like this for virtually every new game released on PC and im glad i moved on from PC to console. 
    bartoni33OzmodanPhryRhoklawgervaise1ragebullet
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 553

    MrOfficer said:

    Well im from Norway and i dont really care about anything like this, but why do america seem to whine so much?, just buy it on epic and play it from epic o.o' so simple.



    I'm American and I totally agree with you. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about Epic or pick any number of other silly biases. If you like a game, buy it, play it. Pretty much everything we touch, use, eat, play, wear, drive involves shady business practices, political maneuvering, broken labor laws, you name it. Why this one thing? I mean, I understand the ideas they bring up as arguments, but it just seems arbitrary to me.

    At least less and less people complain about online DRM. Remember the days of "I hate Steam, I'll never buy from them!!!11!ONE!"?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,023
    edited August 18
    Patience is a virtue. I bought BL1 and BL2 on Steam for $5 and $10 respectively, years after launch. I could have paid more for the physical console version but at the time those games launched i wasn't interested in the series.

    With all the controversy behind 2K, Gearbox and BL3, i have even more reason to wait this one out or just get the PS4 version.




  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member UncommonPosts: 706
    sschrupp said:

    MrOfficer said:

    Well im from Norway and i dont really care about anything like this, but why do america seem to whine so much?, just buy it on epic and play it from epic o.o' so simple.



    I'm American and I totally agree with you. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about Epic or pick any number of other silly biases. If you like a game, buy it, play it. Pretty much everything we touch, use, eat, play, wear, drive involves shady business practices, political maneuvering, broken labor laws, you name it. Why this one thing? I mean, I understand the ideas they bring up as arguments, but it just seems arbitrary to me.

    At least less and less people complain about online DRM. Remember the days of "I hate Steam, I'll never buy from them!!!11!ONE!"?
    this is the norm for every game release now. no matter who makes it or what kind of game it is, people just bitch and moan about everything. they blame developers for games being the way they are, but really its the people. they have FORCED games to be the way they are.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,947
    Sandmanjw said:
    Dunno...i think when the companies use these things (DRM) it just sets the hackers off and makes them priority 1 to crack and get it out on the web so people can pirate it.

    At this point i think it does more harm than good. I mean a pirate is gonna pirate...the only thing this will do is make some potential buyers back off because of the bad word of mouth.
    Quite true also there the part time pirates that only pirate when a game has drm like denuvo but then will spend money on a game that doesn't...just cause.
    rojoArcueidSandmanjw

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

    case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD


  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,023
    Asm0deus said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Dunno...i think when the companies use these things (DRM) it just sets the hackers off and makes them priority 1 to crack and get it out on the web so people can pirate it.

    At this point i think it does more harm than good. I mean a pirate is gonna pirate...the only thing this will do is make some potential buyers back off because of the bad word of mouth.
    Quite true also there the part time pirates that only pirate when a game has drm like denuvo but then will spend money on a game that doesn't...just cause.
    I know i'm probably in the minority here but back when i lived in the caribbean where a monthly salary at that time was the price of a new game i pirated a lot. After moving to the US 12 years ago i started buying a bunch of those games and i'm slowly building a physical console collection. And after buying hundreds of DRM enforced games on PC in the last decade i'm now moving to GoG to stay away from DRM. If not available on GoG i'll get it on console, simple as that.
    Phryragebullet




  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,099
    And...

    ...good night. That'll be all. Fuck Denuvo.
  • LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited August 18
    They just have to implement it like Anno 1800, F1 2019, etc. and they know it won't cracked for months.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,199
    bartoni33 said:
    Ehh I give it a week before it's cracked. But for some reason some Denuvo games take longer than others.
    More like 24 hours
    OG_Zorvan
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,199
    Phry said:
    And this is why i like CDPR, they don't pull BS stunts like this and they certainly do not treat their customers like criminals.
    The other thing that CDPR has totally destroyed, is the narrative that DRM protects games and prevents revenue loss due to piracy.
    People who pirate games were never going to buy the game in the first place, instead genuine customers get hit with a higher priced game due to the costs of DRM and that has performance issues because of it.  :/

    Then there is the very valid argument that incorporating DRM like Denuvo actually encourages piracy because it has such a negative impact on games, something everyone is more than aware of by this point. :/

    So much this.
    Well said.

    DRM belongs where it came from - in the bowels of hell.

    It doesn't stop piracy it just screws over the paying customers 
    OG_ZorvanGorwerojoArcueidbartoni33
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,383
    I also do not like Denuvo but I still buy the games ....no willpower.
    image
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,857
    Piracy actually helps the consumer now. I've bought a few Denuvo games, and the first thing I did was found the crack to strip out the DRM.


    MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,099
    cheyane said:
    I also do not like Denuvo but I still buy the games ....no willpower.
    Cause and effect, what is thy name?
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited August 18
    Sucks for them because it always gets cracked. The newest version was cracked in a week... It's a big waste of money for companies to use it because it doesn't last. It just makes a game worse when it's being used. Know the irony about this? They didn't want to use Steam because it would cost more money and yet they bought a DRM service which costs a lot of money. I love their logic. I would laugh if this game gets cracked in less than a day.
    bartoni33
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 2,239
    nomadie said:
    Sucks for them because it always gets cracked. The newest version was cracked in a week... It's a big waste of money for companies to use it because it doesn't last. It just makes a game worse when it's being used. Know the irony about this? They didn't want to use Steam because it would cost more money and yet they bought a DRM service which costs a lot of money. I love their logic. I would laugh if this game gets cracked in less than a day.
    That's the reason why I never try shooters tbh.
    Come home, North Man.

    Rolling for Spicy.
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 354
    I won't buy it until it comes out on Steam (if it does). Epic Games AND Denuvo? No, thanks.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 20
    I'm pretty sure this will all be sorted it out by the time the game comes out of Closed Beta in April 2020.  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sign In or Register to comment.