Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic AMA Coming August 20, 10a PDT

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWoW Classic AMA Coming August 20, 10a PDT

In a forum post (via Wowhead), Blizzard has announced an AMA on Reddit for WoW Classic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Well, if the WoW team wishes to go Against Medical Advice, then I guess thats their business.
    [Deleted User]

Mend and Defend

• alaadaralaadar Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I think classic in itself is against medical advice lol
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

learis1 said:

Well, if the WoW team wishes to go Against Medical Advice, then I guess thats their business.

you just have to follow the wow loading screen tip. "everything in moderation, even world of Warcraft".
    ThupliPhrycribett
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    ok um Ill ask the dumb question

wtf is an AMA? some type of server I dont remember? why does everything have to be an acronym?
    LighttipManWithNoTan
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Myrdynn said:

ok um Ill ask the dumb question

wtf is an AMA? some type of server I dont remember? why does everything have to be an acronym?

"Ask Me Anything" Q&A was too complicated so Reddit invented AMA
    MyrdynnXingbairongDragonJockeyApridise
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Why would people play this, 15 years after release... its so outdated in all possible ways...
    Nostalgia, maybe?!
    Whiskeydustswagholecribett[Deleted User]Lighttip
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Do we really need one of those again? They're treating this like it's just coming out for the first time. Don't really have anything to ask since we already played this. A weird thing for Blizzard to do.
    Tamanous
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

nomadie said:

Do we really need one of those again? They're treating this like it's just coming out for the first time. Don't really have anything to ask since we already played this. A weird thing for Blizzard to do.

Dont wanna break your bubble but not everyone has played it and your exp doesnt make it "we" :)
    HalibrandWhiskeydustIselinswagholewinghaven1[Deleted User]mrputtsApridise

• dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    yea like u godda remeber..lol when we were playin this in open beta back in 2004...
    these new kids were in dypers or wasnt born yet that wanna give this a try.....
    so yea ......lol sorta like a 21 yr old going to a bar thats been there for years
    that you and I have been goin to since it opend. wich was 20yrs ago lol
    GrandpaDJWhiskeydustmrputts
    gammer 4 life
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

mazut said:

Why would people play this, 15 years after release... its so outdated in all possible ways...

Nostalgia, maybe?!

Outdated? Care to elaborate? Just curious how you decide something is outdated in all possible ways when that's so subjective.

Plenty of people want ot play it. That's enough. If for some reason you believe that Blizzard decisions are based on what YOU want then I'll have to burst your bubble and let you know that the world doesn't revolve around you and your thoughts and opinion.
    Why do people play CS? Why do people play anything more than once for that matter if what you said is true. I mean I get that some people just wanna hate because... they can I guess?

Honestly I'm curious why you even comment on anything WoW related when you probably don't play the game at all, considering that's been out for 15 years, right? Solid logic.

Classic servers will be a success because there are already hundreds of thousands of players that have been playing private servers over the years and also because the MMORPG scene is really bad right now... it's been bad for years if we have to be honest.
    Whiskeydust[Deleted User]
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    I will try wow classic for the first time
    PottedPlant22AxxarXingbairongWhiskeydustswagholeMikeha

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I hope they have plenty of extra servers ready for launch!
    SandisticWhiskeydust[Deleted User]
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Axxar said:

I hope they have plenty of extra servers ready for launch!

Don't think there will be any issues with the physical servers. There will be probably big queues though, but I wouldn't be surprised if they add more servers(saw just now that they've added 1 more PvP server on EU for example)

I'm more worried about what the sharding will do with the game. I still feel like it's going to ruin a lot of the experience, especially for the normal people who will play moderate.
  • Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57

itsover said:

I will try wow classic for the first time

Hope you enjoy it. I didn't like it way back when. But I'm gonna try it out atleast. xD
    [Deleted User]Whiskeydust
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    do I have to have the most current expansion to play this? or can I just activate my account and pay the sub, last expansion I had was the Garrison one
  • Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Myrdynn said:
    do I have to have the most current expansion to play this? or can I just activate my account and pay the sub, last expansion I had was the Garrison one

A sub includes all expansions till Legion, not BfA. You only need a sub for Classic.

Scroll down to getting started.

Myrdynn
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    nomadie said:
    See you in Classic!

You stay sassy!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Curiosity has gotten the better of me so I'll sub for one month and decide after that if I'm sticking around. One thing though, I will definitely not try to be a Ret Paladin as I did my first time around :)

Gnome Warlock all the way for me this time.
    [Deleted User]Thupli
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    the only thing about AMA they are actually " i will only answer easy dumb ass questions". Rarely do anyone answer the burning questions.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited August 2019

mazut said:

Nostalgia, maybe?!

Most of the games I play are "old" at this point. So it's pretty clear why people are playing it.

About to boot up Morrowind and tomorrow I'll spend a good deal with Daggerfall. Old games don't have to be about "nostalgia."

Xingbairongthighhighs[Deleted User]ManWithNoTan
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Sovrath said:

mazut said:

Nostalgia, maybe?!

Most of the games I play are "old" at this point. So it's pretty clear why people are playing it.

About to boot up Morrowind and tomorrow I'll spend a good deal with Daggerfall. Old games don't have to be about "nostalgia."

This games are single player RPGs, With ton more options and not as scripted as WoW, which is pure grind. Doing the same leveling quests, dungeons and raids for another 500 times... have fun I guess :)
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    mazut said:

Sovrath said:

mazut said:

Nostalgia, maybe?!

This games are single player RPGs, With ton more options and not as scripted as WoW, which is pure grind. Doing the same leveling quests, dungeons and raids for another 500 times... have fun I guess :)
    'cause social.

See you in Classic!

You stay sassy!

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

mazut said:

Nostalgia, maybe?!

Simply because Classic is what made this game and it went into decline. I have heard of players that never experianced classic server play who MUCH prefer that gameplay to the current one.

Lots more to do, that was removed, characters made really easy and alot of the leveling skills were removed. You can level up from 1-max in what 3-5 days, but that would probably just about get you to lvl 20 if you hard cored the game (think it took 6-8mths for hard core players to max out their level's back then, casuals would be 10-12mths.

Quests were all over and would take you out of 1 territory and into another and vice versa (unlike thesedays). It was alot more fun PLUS there was area's of the game that required GROUPING up to do the quests.

I do hope if they decide to bring Burning Crusade Classic (1st EXP) then they will make seperate servers so players have the CHOICE on whether to move to that or stay on Classic since once you request and move you cannot transfer back, its the players choice when they want to progress.
    skakrukPhry[Deleted User]
  • AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Lol 10-12 months? Are you high?
    Rich84
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Do they really think that gamers are incels? all these prostitution adverts, really makes you wonder  :/