Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription only MMOs are pay to win and its good they mostly died out

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Stupid thread. 
    ScorchienkitaradKyleranSteelhelmPhryXarko
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Sub MMOs are the exact opposite of pay to win. derp.
    PhaserlightSteelhelmPhry

Joined - July 2004

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Lol
    SteelhelmXarko
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    People complain of BDO pay to win. Except you can play 100% free (well you had to buy it, but no forced sub) and buy most stuff on marketplace

FFXIV? WoW? Both pay to win MMOs as two easy examples. In fact the only way to get the best gear or items is paying every month. You can't even begin to start winning without paying, and when you do pay it can take weeks or even months to get ahead or in WoW classic it took 1+ year

That is the ultimate pay to win. Not only can you not even start to win without paying, you just can't do anything without paying. Often having to buy a 40-60 USD box price+buy the expansions. BDO? Pay optional besides the very cheap entry price and never worry again. Same with many other buy to play/f2p MMOs. 

Its good the genre changed to be less pay to win and forcing the player to pay an obscene amount to play. BDO should however be 100% free, but its only 1 dollar or I saw it for 50 cents during black friday, literally on the cheapest sales if you get it from off-steam and the "shady" sites. pretty much free at that point.

But still, GW2 got rid of its forced entry price and much better. GW2 dont have to pay anything not even latest expansion cause can earn money in game and then buy it with game money through gems (which I did for path of fire).

These last hold out of pay to win sub MMOs are dying and its good, cause they are the ultimate example of pay to win....IN MY OPINION.

I corrected your Post in BOLD.
    Sure Glad your Opinion is not my Reality.
    Phry

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I never felt that P2P was P2W, but it did feel like an unnecessary charge.....THose of us that played games like EQ where everything took forever knew they were trying to squeeze every dime out of us they could, and with P2P you have no option, you pay....Using the OPs example of BDO, I played for about 2 months and paid.....$4.99 total....I don't know of a sub game where i could have played for that amount.
    Phaserlight
  • zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 53
    No way this is anything other than a troll. This can't be real
    Viper482
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    KyleranPhryanemoViper482

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I went with LOL. WTF just seemed too serious for this thread.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Finally a post that gets it. Everything in life is p2w.
    KyleranXarko
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    This thread is what happens when you choose the wrong pill.
    KyleranXarko
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    GIMME FREE STUFFS!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    I found it hilarious that not one single person could logically and rationally refute the OP.

Everyone crying about reports, and posting insulting images and what have you.. no one stepped up to plate to prove them wrong.

Fun thread.. 
    KyleranSteelhelm
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited August 2019
    Ungood said:
    I found it hilarious that not one single person could logically and rationally refute the OP.

Everyone crying about reports, and posting insulting images and what have you.. no one stepped up to plate to prove them wrong.

Fun thread.. 
    Because most of us are not so stupid that we think P2W is a term that applies to play/not play and we know that it's something that only applies to those who already meet the minimum basic threshold of paying if that's what it takes to play, competing vs. others that also met that basic threshold... whatever it is.

Slapshot1188DekahngunklackerKyleranSteelhelmzeroscloud
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 
    Because most of us are not so stupid that we think P2W is a term that applies to play/not play and we know that it's something that only applies to those who already meet the minimum basic threshold of paying if that's what it takes to play, competing vs. others that also met that basic threshold... whatever it is.

Oh spare me.. the modern candyass definition of P2W means spending money on anything you don't want to spend money on

And I agree with the image.. which is why I gave up wasting my time with several other posters on this forums.
    IselinDekahn
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 

Oh spare me.. the modern candyass definition of P2W means spending money on anything you don't want to spend money on

And I agree with the image.. which is why I gave up wasting my time with several other posters on this forums.
    No wonder you think the OP deserved a response. You're two of a kind.
    UngoodSlapshot1188Dekahnzeroscloud

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 

Well that was fast and fun.. right to the personal insults.

No.. I'm old school, when someone says P2W, I expect a Win involved.. as in kicking the shit out of another player because I bought something that would kick the shit out of them unless they bought the same or better..

This crybaby bullshit cady ass stuff you all call P2W.. LOL.. watered down trash term, might as well call a Sub P2W at this point.

Call when you can make a point, or realize how stupid people have gotten with the term P2W.

Dekahn

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 

No.. I'm old school, when someone says P2W, I expect a Win involved.. as in kicking the shit out of another player because I bought something that would kick the shit out of them unless they bought the same or better..

This crybaby bullshit cady ass stuff you all call P2W.. LOL.. watered down trash term, might as well call a Sub P2W at this point.

Call when you can make a point, or realize how stupid people have gotten with the term P2W.

...you are disparaging overuse of the term "pay to win", then in the same sentence making room for the (improper) way the OP applies it?

You must not have read the thread.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 

So if you understand how stupid the usage of P2W has gotten why your apparently blanket dismissive comment about a lack of a logical or rational response to an even stupider usage of it than usual? 

You're a weird dude.

UngoodSlapshot1188

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    ALERT HE IS DEVS FROM GW2 !!!
    TRYING TO SELL GW 2 !!!

Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 

...you are disparaging overuse of the term "pay to win", then in the same sentence making room for the (improper) way the OP applies it?

You must not have read the thread.
    See that is what I find enjoyable at this thread really.. the way all these people can't seem to figure out what "Win" means anymore, so they water down the term, they use it for anything and everything that they simply do not want to spend money on.

Which.. well thanks to all this candy ass usage of the term, devaluing, making it pointless, worthless, and overall meaning nothing more than "Needing to spend money on anything I don't want to spend money on" 

It was really only a matter of time with their debasing the value of the term P2W that it would eventually become worthless in value, I have seen it applied to cosmetics, even used against expansions,  so, it was inevitable that at some point it would become applied to Subs.

That is what makes this thread Hilarious Thread to me.. to be honest.

It was their own doing by using the term P2W incorrectly at the start.. their own making that things comes to this.

and they are shocked? 

Funny how people can't see their own refection into the problem.. 
    Iselin

Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 

So if you understand how stupid the usage of P2W has gotten why your apparently blanket dismissive comment about a lack of a logical or rational response to an even stupider usage of it than usual? 

You're a weird dude.

Because I want you to realize the existence of this topic (and others like it) is YOUR fault, for continually misusing the term P2W.

Behold your legacy.. are you not proud of it?
    IselinSteelhelm

Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Fun thread.. 

You're a weird dude.

Because I want you to realize the existence of this topic (and others like it) is YOUR fault, for continually misusing the term P2W.

Behold your legacy.. are you not proud of it?
    Well you totally suck at communication if that was what you meant to convey with your first post in this topic.

Your disdain for everyone else here is clear though... it's a wonder you stick around when you're not banned.
    UngoodSlapshot1188

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I wonder how you are not banned from all the personal attacks you make.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Drugs are bad kids.
    PhaserlightSteelhelm

You stay sassy!

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    edited August 2019
    Got me.
This discussion has been closed.