Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streamers Don't Seem To Be Welcome On WoW Classic's PvP Servers - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited August 2019
    Yea, let's insult other people for liking things differently than me!

Please, don't act like an old grumpy manbaby as if the newer generation is ruining your game. By your logic, anyone who watches a show with any sort of activity instead of doing the same thing themselves are "sissies" to quote your words. 

Some games are more fun with friends, and yes some people aren't as fortunate to have friends that play games they enjoy or heck they might not have any friends. Pretty inconsiderate to judge people when you don't know their background. 
    [Deleted User]AriesTiger

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Torval said:

Uh-oh killer man-baby clowns are gonna mess up the streamers. Ooooh. They sound like Fonze threatening Ralph and Potsie. This picture comes to mind.

I wait can't wait to see the results on youtube.

edit: Oh and hating people because they like to stream their game play is just freaking childish. I don't like how "content creator" culture has influenced gaming but let's keep it in perspective. Hating people and bullying them is wrong. Gaming is about having fun and MMOs are about having fun with a lot of other people. Bully gangs don't belong.

Please. It's called natural selection. If you don't like something, you fight or flight. The real problem is the world is full of sissies these days.
    Huh, I thought it was just that the people who have had enough of "others" who feel they can inflict themselves on people have finally said "no more."

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    9 out of 10 streamers do nothing but yell and thrash about like a howler monkey. The 1 who doesn't always babbles on and on about nothing important. 

Polonius said it best, "Brevity is the soul of whit."
    SovrathAriesTigerHatefull
    9 out of 10 streamers do nothing but yell and thrash about like a howler monkey. The 1 who doesn't always babbles on and on about nothing important. 

Well, that I can agree with, at least with the timbre of the post.

There are some great streamers out there/youtube reviewers but they don't come across like loud obnoxious kids. 
    TacticalZombeh

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Pretty ridiculous percentage if you ask me.  You are saying 90% of streamers do nothing but scream and yell.  Don't let hate overcome logic.  If you want to fight a battle you better come in with numbers that make sense.  You yourself said it's idiotic to watch a streamer so you are so distanced from the scene it doesn't matter what you say.  It's imminently prejudice. It's fine if it's not your thing but saying statements like that show your true colors, if you don't like something you want others to know you don't like something. It's really amazing how much people focus on the negative. Positive energy is what makes humanity thrive.  Appreciation, dignity, these are things of the past.  It's now what can I make X look bad so I look better.  Look yourself in the mirror and feel disgust.
    AriesTiger
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    meh troll post there is no way a program could do that without blizzard access to in game server side files, and not everyone would use such prgram too
    There have always been blacklist addons/mods for the game. The idea is those that want to prohibit the other gamers get the addon/mod and it provides a master blacklist of server/name and filters them out of your chat and group functions.

The more people that use said addon the more power it has.

And generally the mod/addon is done 100% through the game and no additional website to verify check or anything against. Each new update provides additional names to the list.

EDIT: This falls under the "community white hat" approach where gamers try to police when the mods/admins can't or aren't willing to.
    hmm so the idea is only the select group who use such add on, would be listed, and marking anyone on said list as a global mark on his head?

if is this way I wonder how new people retention on such game would be? I remember the last years on shadowbane was like that, no open guild to freebies and randoms to join and play, only heavy guild who wanted you to play what they want you to play, game closed after that
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Holst86 said:
    "I hate streamers" is a very cringe thing to say... No one is forcing anyone to watch a person stream. And their supposed negative impact on games are mildly put exaggerated.

If it's true I hope that the people that done the addond and people using it will get permanently banned. As bullying should never be allowed anywhere.

People seriously need to drop the redneck "we don't like your kind round here" mentality.
    First of all, it is that bad. Second, I hope everyone uses the app to get these annoying streamer asses out of here. Besides sucking up to companies, they do nothing worthwhile.

It's not bullying to not like something, get the fuck over it. I don't like onions, am I bullying them? 

The redneck, which is hate speech by the way, except rednecks don't give a shit or get offended by being called that, aren't wrong in this case. Your bullshit "we have to accept everyone" needs to go away.

You do not get a ribbon for showing up
    People are not always going to like you, get over it
    Labeling opinions under racist terms does nothing to further your points
    Some times, you just have to punch someone in the face, get used to it, its called life.
    SensaiCaffynatedAriesTiger

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    I'll admit streamers can be annoying. The more attention they get, the more they get paid, which is why you have grown men and women acting like children live on the internet with no shame. I personally will try to avoid that scene, and will likely roll on a PvE realm anyway.

However, allow me to play devil's advocate for a minute . . . Streamers bring attention, not only to themselves, but also to what they are doing at the time. Those huge server-wide PvP battles, kiting a dragon to Stormwind to see Bolvar lay it down like he did back in the day, or even regular organized pick-up raids can be started by, and properly organized by, a streamer. I expect that after they first month hype goes away, then things will be FAR less disruptive due to streamers. This addon seems a knee jerk reaction to an issue that will eventually police itself.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited August 2019
    Hatefull said:
    Holst86 said:
    "I hate streamers" is a very cringe thing to say... No one is forcing anyone to watch a person stream. And their supposed negative impact on games are mildly put exaggerated.

If it's true I hope that the people that done the addond and people using it will get permanently banned. As bullying should never be allowed anywhere.

People seriously need to drop the redneck "we don't like your kind round here" mentality.
    First of all, it is that bad. Second, I hope everyone uses the app to get these annoying streamer asses out of here. Besides sucking up to companies, they do nothing worthwhile.

It's not bullying to not like something, get the fuck over it. I don't like onions, am I bullying them? 

The redneck, which is hate speech by the way, except rednecks don't give a shit or get offended by being called that, aren't wrong in this case. Your bullshit "we have to accept everyone" needs to go away.

You do not get a ribbon for showing up
    People are not always going to like you, get over it
    Labeling opinions under racist terms does nothing to further your points
    Some times, you just have to punch someone in the face, get used to it, its called life.
    Damn dude, you are clearly angry at the world.

What you are doing is being prejudice, you aren't bullying (That's 1 person), you aren't disliking (That's when you personally avoid something with little or no impact to others).  There's a difference and a balance and you tipped the scale.  You can say something like "I don't like Ninja, because of X". That's a logical statement. What you are saying is ALL streamers aren't worthwhile, which isn't truth or fact.

You can't bully an inanimate object but it was a cute argument.

Life isn't fair, you got that right, but you aren't making it any better. So what worthwhile part do you play?  Since streamers are such a waste of life what do you do that makes you any better?  Answer. Nothing. We are all human beings, everyone deserves respect.  Not liking someone doesn't give you the right to disrespect, it gives you the right to avoid it.

If you feel it's your god given right to punch people in the face, you got some bigger issues none of us here can tackle.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Panther2103kenguru23CaffynatedAriesTiger
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

DrunkWolf said:

I never understood watching streamers. I grew up wanting to play the game not watch somebody else play.

The same reason people watch sports instead of playing them I guess.
    [Deleted User]Panther2103
    edited August 2019
    Hashbrick said:

Life isn't fair, you got that right, but you aren't making it any better. 
    While I generally agree with you, in his defense, his name is "Hateful" not "Hugful."  B)
    [Deleted User]HatefullHashbrick

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    **shrug**
    Baalzharon[Deleted User]
    **shrug**
    How dare you stream games as entertainment! 
    TheHiveLeader[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh

**shrug**
    Yeah, that's right, they're talking about you!  >:)
    TheHiveLeader[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited August 2019
    Vanilla WoW had organic blacklists for ninja looters and at that time people who were viewed as toxic players. It happened organically and the information crossed faction lines.

One thing no one is mentioning is that streamers are IMMERSION BREAKING and vanilla was all about immersion. Being able to sit there for hours believing you are a dwarf or ______ in Azeroth was what it was all about at least for me.

People also shouldn't forget that streamers did not exist during vanilla so for the true originalists there is a possibility that it could possibly turn them away from the game permanently. Make no mistake that WoW classic is a trip down memory lane for a large percentage of the people who will be playing it but what % that is no one knows.

Have you watched any streamers play WoW classic? Many but not all are completely clueless about the game, they don't inform or educate just engage in disruptive dingbat behavior to get views so they can make more money and that is NOT the vanilla WoW experience at all. Vanilla was all about community, you couldn't really do anything unless you made friends, joined a guild etc. It was the most community centered game I've played even more than SWG cause in SWG you could accomplish quite a lot on your own. Streamers being the "traveling entertainers" like the fine fellow who posted after me have a chance at disrupting the fragile ecosystem in MMO'S that can be destroyed very easily sometimes in a single patch or even a single item being changed(see MH hela nerf). I understand why this PvP community is trying to prevent streamers from possibly ruining everything with this add on strategy. I don't agree or disagree with the politics of it because streamers are that unknown variable in WoW classic that should not not be taken seriously. I can imagine the possibility of seeing youtube vids a couple years from now called "How streamers killed WoW classic". Trying to prevent that BAMN is worth it IMO.

Blizz has a tight rope to walk with this cause if they lean too far to one side they run the risk of losing the die-hard classic fans which will be their solid $15 a month income for years not the streamer "Nebula" fanboy who pays for one month just to please their idol/streamer/Thanos. If Blizz designates certain servers only for streamers and give them tons of free stuff I think it'll be a good move to prevent possible disaster on other servers just in case urinating in the rainforest(biodome) runs the risk of destroying everything.
    Post edited by BruceYee on
    Caffynated
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Sovrath said:
    **shrug**
    Finally someone is... I stopped being relevant years ago :-)
    TacticalZombeh
    BruceYee said:
    Vanilla WoW had organic blacklists for ninja looters and at that time people who were viewed as toxic players. It happened organically and the information crossed faction lines.

One thing no one is mentioning is that streamers are IMMERSION BREAKING and vanilla was all about immersion. Being able to sit there for hours believing you are a dwarf or ______ in Azeroth was what it was all about at least for me.

People also shouldn't forget that streamers did not exist during vanilla so for the true originalists there is a possibility that it could possibly turn them away from the game permanently. Make no mistake that WoW classic is a trip down memory lane for a large percentage of the people who will be playing it but what % that is no one knows.

Have you watched any streamers play WoW classic? Many but not all are completely clueless about the game, they don't inform or educate just engage in disruptive dingbat behavior to get views so they can make more money and that is NOT the vanilla WoW experience at all.

Blizz has a tight rope to walk with this cause if they lean too far to one side they run the risk of losing the die-hard classic fans which will be their solid $15 a month income for years not the streamer "Nebula" fanboy who pays for one month just to please their idol/streamer/Thanos.
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, but you will never recapture that feeling of original WoW. People have changed, technology has too. There might have not been streamers per se, but undoubtedly there where still elitist guilds, trolls and whatever else happening nowadays.

Having said that, unless you're intending to watch said streamers, I don't see how can they break your immersion. Global chat will still have trolls, memers and whatnot.
    [Deleted User]

• HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    **shrug**

Buck up, little buddy!  I'd still happily play with you, although I'll be on a PvE server.

• WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    edited August 2019
    I don't want any part of streamers and the flock of mongoloids that follow them around. Glad that most of the big streamers chose one server so people like me can roll somewhere else.
    i486DX2-66krgwynneDrunkWolfAriesTiger
    Sovrath said:
    **shrug**
    Finally someone is... I stopped being relevant years ago :-)
    *cough* what do you expect with a handle from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri!

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    Get rid of the streamers !! Derka derps !

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Bloodaxes said:
    BruceYee said:

Have you watched any streamers play WoW classic? Many but not all are completely clueless about the game, they don't inform or educate just engage in disruptive dingbat behavior to get views so they can make more money and that is NOT the vanilla WoW experience at all.

Blizz has a tight rope to walk with this cause if they lean too far to one side they run the risk of losing the die-hard classic fans which will be their solid $15 a month income for years not the streamer "Nebula" fanboy who pays for one month just to please their idol/streamer/Thanos.
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, but you will never recapture that feeling of original WoW. People have changed, technology has too. There might have not been streamers per se, but undoubtedly there where still elitist guilds, trolls and whatever else happening nowadays.

Having said that, unless you're intending to watch said streamers, I don't see how can they break your immersion. Global chat will still have trolls, memers and whatnot.
    Why are you trying to impose your beliefs onto me as absolute truth? Who are you to tell me I can't recapture anything just because you can't? I played the tests, recreated my original characters as they were on day 1 in 2014 and it felt almost exactly the same. I'm sorry if you can't do the same but judging by how you injected memes into your post it's obvious you did not play WoW in 2004 because memes as they are now did not exist then. I know it may be hard to believe but there was a time when people didn't hide their idiocy behind words of others. Elite guilds most of the time had good reason to act elite and trolls were a lot more original. And what does technology have to do with playing a 15 year old game BECAUSE it's a 15 year old game?
     Immersion is a personal thing also, different things break immersion for different people and that is okay.
  • NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    all the streamers head for that server.  
    AriesTiger
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Valid reasons in my humble opinion, but this addon can't be something Blizzard is just gonna let happen, right?
    BruceYee said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    BruceYee said:

Why are you trying to impose your beliefs onto me as absolute truth? Who are you to tell me I can't recapture anything just because you can't? I played the tests, recreated my original characters as they were on day 1 in 2014 and it felt almost exactly the same. I'm sorry if you can't do the same but judging by how you injected memes into your post it's obvious you did not play WoW in 2004 because memes as they are now did not exist then. I know it may be hard to believe but there was a time when people didn't hide their idiocy behind words of others. Elite guilds most of the time had good reason to act elite and trolls were a lot more original. And what does technology have to do with playing a 15 year old game BECAUSE it's a 15 year old game?
     Immersion is a personal thing also, different things break immersion for different people and that is okay.
    I'm not imposing anything mate, those ideologies that where apparent in the past, where like that because there where less people (and mmorpgs) back then. Now, you have people that have played a multitude of mmorpgs. That excitement of playing the "hardcore" version of WoW won't be as impactful as it was back then, because the majority already experienced what it offers.

Obviously some will still feel immersed, there's no denying that, I was speaking for the general audience that is going to play it again. It's hard to recapture that excitement from getting to know the game when you already did them beforehand (and also in other mmorpgs).

Consequently, memes have always existed in some manner. People always found ways to be/act as fools/trolls/whatever you want to call it. Elitist guilds always thought highly of themselves with loot rules, dps checkers and other crap. Good reasons my ass. They didn't tolerate failures similarly to what happens nowadays in other mmos. If you really think that won't happen now more than ever, you're just deluding yourself. There's ample of tools and addons that will be used and/or required by these "elite guilds" in this "classic" WoW, and that was my point about technology advancements.

With that said, I seem to have angered you with my response and my message wasn't meant to insult you or anything. If it did forgive me.
    moshra[Deleted User]