Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysterious Countdown Timer Started on Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com

Comments

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:

Gamigo bought Trion. Trion doesn't exist anymore as they were liquidated into trion ABC company, so technically all Trion websites should be shut down as the company doesnt legally exist anymore.

Gamigo doesnt give 2 shits about Rift, Trove or Defiance which is why they have only 1 or 2 devs left for each to keep them in maintenance mode and make as much money as they can before they turn the servers off.

The only game that Gamigo cares about is ArcheAge because it's almost pure profit with minimal overhead for them. Gamigo tried (multiple times) to reduce the hosting cost for ArcheAge by moving it to Google Cloud and they failed spectacularly every time. XL was not happy. Now they are back at hosting ArcheAge on physical servers again.

This is why they aren't bothering with other games on their own site - they are not something that they will keep around for long.

The thing is XL has lost all confidence in Gamigo (
    and will most likely dump them after the contract runs out.

XL had a good working relationship with Trions operations team that hosted the game - none of those guys are at Trion anymore - so XL feels that there is no experienced staff left to host the game property (security, network, database, patch automation etc....)

XL is spot on - as Gamigo doesnt have the hosting expertise since all their games are dinky mobile crap all hosted in the cloud.

Please stop pretending you know everything about Trion/Gamigo games you are starting to make some things up & it sounds like who you get your info from is having difficulties finding another job. They need to stop feeding you info not for any other reason than they make you look stupid many times as well as themselves.

Cheers.

Aeander
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited August 2019
    If they announce a subscription server, remember what they did to Rift Prime.

They don't care about you. They don't respect you. They will not honor a commitment to maintain that subscription server. Your subscription doesn't protect you from bullshit and never did.
    edited August 2019
    Aeander said:

They don't care about you. They don't respect you. They will not honor a commitment to maintain that subscription server. Your subscription doesn't protect you from bullshit and never did.
    Ugh more misinformation.

Rift Prime was a total different kettle of fish - tons was changed on a Gamebryo engine over the years that simply could not be fixed then an acquisition happened. (Doesn't make the awful miscommunication etc right or anything but comparing these two things is like comparing a giraffe and an ostrich because they have long necks...)

WTB reset of forum ranks with new editors please so folks stop feeling important spouting nonsense that is irrelevant.
    Aeander
    edited August 2019
    KiwiHype said:
    Aeander said:

Ugh more misinformation.

Rift Prime was a total different kettle of fish - tons was changed on a Gamebryo engine over the years that simply could not be fixed then an acquisition happened. (Doesn't make the awful miscommunication etc right or anything but comparing these two things is like comparing a giraffe and an ostrich because they have long necks...)

WTB reset of forum ranks with new editors please so folks stop feeling important spouting nonsense that is irrelevant.
    I'm sorry, but who is this irrelevant and needlessly rude person "refuting" everyone's claims without evidence?
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    Oh kiwi - come on - I know people who are still at Gamigo like currently employed and working there in the office right now ;)

What point specifically do you want to dispute that I wrote above?
    All of it because 4 possibilities are at play here:

1. You are telling a public forum information you shouldnt & the people /person who informs you doesn't know.

2. They do know which makes them super shitty people because it's a business & your need to be the  gossip queen on this company  has possible impact.

3. You are adding your own agenda to anything you share/the agenda of those sharing any info with you IF IT IS EVEN TRUE so your opinion is often biased

4. Any of the above possibilities  is shitty.
    IselinAeander
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:
    Oh kiwi - come on - I know people who are still at Gamigo like currently employed and working there in the office right now ;)

1. You are telling a public forum information you shouldnt & the people /person who informs you doesn't know.

2. They do know which makes them super shitty people because it's a business & your need to be the  gossip queen on this company  has possible impact.

3. You are adding your own agenda to anything you share/the agenda of those sharing any info with you IF IT IS EVEN TRUE it so your opinion is often biased

4. All of the above is shitty.

1. The persons (it's way more than 1 - because I never trust a single source) - DO KNOW

2. They work for a super shitty company - and are looking to leave so.....

3. All opinions are BIASED - what I am stating is not opinion however

4. That's your opinion - thanks for playing
    Then that confirms you are a despicable person and so are they and its a real shame you think you are so important and need to sabotage any efforts that cost you nothing - you don't have to play - on this forum.
    AeanderIselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:

3. You are adding your own agenda to anything you share/the agenda of those sharing any info with you IF IT IS EVEN TRUE it so your opinion is often biased

1. The persons (it's way more than 1 - because I never trust a single source) - DO KNOW

Then that confirms you are a despicable person and so are they and its a real shame you think you are so important and need to sabotage any efforts that cost you nothing - you don't have to play - on this forum.
    Right... because keeping the inner workings of gaming companies is a national security issue. Whistle blowers should be jailed for treason.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

DMKano said:

I am sorry you feel that way - but this has nothing to do with me being shitty or not.

It all has to do with bringing light to facts behind ex-Trion and Gamigo.

I guess you are not ready for that yet.

Give it time - one day you'll see it my way.
    You aren't sorry I see straight through your anonymous existence and you really don't care, this keeps you feeling important.

Just face it and let your imaginary friends know how I feel about them and their shallow behavior.

Anyone defending this nonsense is not worth continuing any intelligent conversation with.

PEACE y'all.
    AeanderJaguaratron1
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:

I'll put that down to incompetence more than malicious intent. I feel like they didn't really want to let go of the revenue from the cash shop. Rather there are (were) a lot of Rift players (whales) hat still wanted a limited cash shop. The rest of the stuff they just didn't have the horsepower or skill to pull off right.

To be fair, no publisher has been able to pull off a truly old school, sub only, no cash shop reboot of a server. We'll see how Blizz does with Classic, but if only they can do it that should give us an idea of the cost and personnel it takes to pull it off.

Anyway, the Trion stuff is in the past. What purpose does it serve to whip them about it again.
    you are still blamed the same, after the damage is done don't matter if you had the best of the intentions, you will still be blamed for it, and incompetence tend to be treated as worse then malice.

with make more sense to never hire the trion devs to do any work again
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited August 2019
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:

I am sorry you feel that way - but this has nothing to do with me being shitty or not.

You aren't sorry I see straight through your anonymous existence and you really don't care, this keeps you feeling important.

Just face it and let your imaginary friends know how I feel about them and their shallow behavior.

Anyone defending this nonsense is not worth continuing any intelligent conversation with.

PEACE y'all.
    Shit like this warrants addressing. You asked for a forum reset because you want to be taken more seriously despite your post count.

Let me assure you that post count is irrelevant. The content of your posts is inane, needlessly hostile bullshit, and I wouldn't respect it regardless of whether you had 200 posts or 200,000.

You can't have "intelligent conversation" without contributing intelligent points.
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:

PEACE y'all.
    you are aware, the same could be said about you? not one would care what you want or your opnions, everything we do here is to feed our egos, if was not no one would bother to discuss something who would not change.

and you are not the ruler of who is inteligent or not, so drop the high horse, the world is a ugly place, i'm pretty sure the thing he is telling IF is from someone else is not even the full thing and its a forum you should never trust what you read in only one place, same for news, they are all with a hidden agenda, and its never to tell the truth, unless it would benefit then or they patron
    edited August 2019
    Aeander said:

Shit like this warrants addressing. You asked for a forum reset because you want to be taken more seriously despite your post count.

Let me assure you that post count is irrelevant. The content of your posts is inane, needlessly hostile bullshit, and I wouldn't respect it regardless of whether you had 200 posts or 200,000.
    I disagree with you because there is a difference between facts and biased opinion. No one here speaks for an entire company, no one not even someone whose been wearing their Trion badge here for years quite smugly.

That anyone is able to sit here and say "well I am unhappy with them" so I deserve to share this info with people who really have very little clue so it builds more assumption than truth is the problem with MMORPG's today. No one who really cares about games would feel comfortable with this conduct.

Some folks care more about the failures than the successes and at the end of the day Gamigo didn't have to buy anything and its a very high possibility that none of these games would exist anymore if they hadn't. Its those who would support these games ending that usually latch on to dragging up every flaw over the last 11 years.

I apologize if my need to drop facts is too much today however when someone sits here and lies without repercussion of any form about games I have cared about so much and many of the people who created them -  damn straight I'm going to fly in and give a reality check.

Cheers.
    Aeander
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Long time no see Kiwi 
    Hey my favorite colored turtle hows life, good to see you still around & yes built a house heh 
  • ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 333
    I tried AA at launch and got kicked from my guild for criticizing the idiotic Labor Point system. (They were some hardcore founder's packers who were desperate for the game to succeed.) Like the person in the quote, I didn't play the game much past two days.

If nothing else, this will be a sweet vindication, assuming the rumors are true.

I also remember the graphics being pretty choppy at that time. Did that ever improve, I wonder? If so, I'd have very few remaining complaints about the game.
    alkarionlog
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2019
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:

I'll put that down to incompetence more than malicious intent. I feel like they didn't really want to let go of the revenue from the cash shop. Rather there are (were) a lot of Rift players (whales) hat still wanted a limited cash shop. The rest of the stuff they just didn't have the horsepower or skill to pull off right.

To be fair, no publisher has been able to pull off a truly old school, sub only, no cash shop reboot of a server. We'll see how Blizz does with Classic, but if only they can do it that should give us an idea of the cost and personnel it takes to pull it off.

Anyway, the Trion stuff is in the past. What purpose does it serve to whip them about it again.
    Agree.

And as you say it is in the past. Now sometimes when a company is taken over its the same people so things may not change. In this case though Trion - as was - is no more.

Which doesn't mean that something like it might not happen again.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    DMKano said:
    Torval said:
    The company got sold. From my perspective it's about the whole team or company. The old environment became stagnant and toxic, but that's gone. A lot, or even most, of those people who worked at Trion might be able to flourish and become better in a new environment. They have the opportunity to learn from mistakes and do better.

That didn't happen at all.

Instead with all management gone - there was a mad power grab by all to be on the top and be in charge.

Some simply assumed their top positions and expected others to answer to them - this led to a LOT of resentment and infighting.

The work environment at Gamigo turned really toxic - lots of people left, some people got fired for not falling in-line to completely inexperienced managers that suddenly started power-tripping.

The most competent employees all jumped ship within the first 6 weeks of post-Gamigo and then they had to re-hire people they let go just weeks ago. Some came back, most of them are already gone because they couldn't stand how bad it was.

There's a lot of arguments and displeasure with some of the German staff - there's a general dislike of how the things are run.

Like I said - super crappy company, everyone is looking to bail as soon as they find something better (most already have done this)- save for a few who are too scared to look for work or just don't care at all and are putting in minimum effort for a paycheck and will ride this out as long as they can just (seriously there are people who don't even put in 4 hours of actual WORK the entire week lol, Gamigo management either doesn't know or doesn't care).

Now there are a few genuinely awesome people there - both at Gamigo proper (in Europe) and in Austin and RWC. 

So it's not all bad - but the bad apples sadly have been given too much power to push everyone around and making it a hell workplace for the rest.

Also the real issue is just a huge lack of experience and expertise - as all the best employees (with  2 or 3 exceptions) are gone. So those who are left are tasked with things that are impossible to deliver due to lack of resources and knowledge.

..... or so I've been told - that's the real scoop from the inside

Let me guess, the 2 or 3 good employees are the ones feeding you all this info?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:
    KiwiHype said:
    DMKano said:

The type of information being speculated / talked about here is stuff that Gamigo wants people to talk about. They want "word of mouth" marketing. That is why they have posted the screen. So talk about a "breach of trust" is laughable.

And historically, if you go back and check out @DMKano 's post history you will see that, at times, he has said quite clearly that there are things he "knew at the time" but would not post because of confidentially agreements.

edited August 2019
    gervaise1 said:
    The type of information being speculated / talked about here is stuff that Gamigo wants people to talk about. They want "word of mouth" marketing. That is why they have posted the screen. So talk about a "breach of trust" is laughable.

And historically, if you go back and check out @DMKano 's post history you will see that, at times, he has said quite clearly that there are things he "knew at the time" but would not post because of confidentially agreements.

I'm not sure what the relevance of anything you've said has to do with the fact this is all just dodgy and 50 shades of lame. The end, that's it - don't have to add anything further.

I also don't have to check anything I've been here for years. Don't normally care but blatant lies are now being introduced to get more attention and it needs to end.

Weekend time, hopefully folks get away from the PC and get some fresh air and stop fermenting in nonsense. Take it easy.

I tried AA at launch and got kicked from my guild for criticizing the idiotic Labor Point system. (They were some hardcore founder's packers who were desperate for the game to succeed.) Like the person in the quote, I didn't play the game much past two days.

If nothing else, this will be a sweet vindication, assuming the rumors are true.

I also remember the graphics being pretty choppy at that time. Did that ever improve, I wonder? If so, I'd have very few remaining complaints about the game.
    labor points was never the problem, possible you did complain more then only labor points and started to look toxic, yeah new people tend to be kicked fast if the very first day he is already this toxic
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    So long and thanks for all the fish!
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,141

3vilution said:

The end of Trion finally has a countdown.

My thoughts exactly! Half of Trions devs have left to work on Smedley's Middle-earth Online project ( the holy grail of MMO projects), so when i saw this timer, i was like: "boy wouldn't it be funny if this was the countdown to when Trion closes it's doors?"

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Neoyoshi said:

3vilution said:

My thoughts exactly! Half of Trions devs have left to work on Smedley's Middle-earth Online project ( the holy grail of MMO projects), so when i saw this timer, i was like: "boy wouldn't it be funny if this was the countdown to when Trion closes it's doors?"

It would be one of the funniest things if the countdown was seriously just Gamigo finally stopping being lazy and getting rid of the Trion Worlds directory site.

DMKano said:

Scorchien said:

DMKano said:

This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me... but that's what this should be - unless of course they fucked it up and still left the cash shop in lol

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right
    l

Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again.

l

the plan was to keep the current servers as is but will add a new p2p no cash shop server without P2W mechanics.

So Bitter ..

Good to see AA and Rift in competent hands now ..

You certainly uninformed. 

Rift team is down to 2 devs.

AA is only in Gamigos hands until the contract runs out - Gamigo has attempted to move AA to cloud a handful of times and failed spectacularly every single time. 

Go ask the EU players how many times AA went offline and was unplayable since Gamigo took over?

They finally rolled back to physical servers since they couldn't make it work.

XL was furious over the whole debacle and will be ditching Gamigo after the contract expires 

Yeah competent hands??? Lol

Gamigo is far worse than Trion was. 

meh to looks like like the same, only gamigo pushed XL more then trion did, I wonder who would be dumb enough to take AA after that contract expire though

DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:
    Neoyoshi said:

3vilution said:

It would be one of the funniest things if the countdown was seriously just Gamigo finally stopping being lazy and getting rid of the Trion Worlds directory site.

They need to as legally Trion Worlds doesnt exist anymore, the company was dissolved 

Also while a few devs went to Amazon game studios- it's far from majority. 

2nd middle earth online is being developed by a Leyou (Hong  kong video game company) - Amazon will just host it.

so chinese devs working on a middle earth? nice way to kill a game even before it was made