Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streamers Don't Seem To Be Welcome On WoW Classic's PvP Servers - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Holst86 said:
    "I hate streamers" is a very cringe thing to say... No one is forcing anyone to watch a person stream. And their supposed negative impact on games are mildly put exaggerated.

If it's true I hope that the people that done the addond and people using it will get permanently banned. As bullying should never be allowed anywhere.

People seriously need to drop the redneck "we don't like your kind round here" mentality.
    You just "othered" a whole group, called them rednecks, and wished for them to all be banned.  Sounds a lot like bullying and a "we don't like your kind round here" mentality to me.  
    Phrysome-clueless-guyHatefullesc-joconnor
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    DrunkWolf said:
    I never understood watching streamers. I grew up wanting to play the game not watch somebody else play.
    You never watched your friends play? Never a backseat coach? I find it hard to believe.
    Streamers is merely an evolution of that concept.
  • Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    blamo2000 said:
    Holst86 said:
    "I hate streamers" is a very cringe thing to say... No one is forcing anyone to watch a person stream. And their supposed negative impact on games are mildly put exaggerated.

If it's true I hope that the people that done the addond and people using it will get permanently banned. As bullying should never be allowed anywhere.

People seriously need to drop the redneck "we don't like your kind round here" mentality.
    You just "othered" a whole group, called them rednecks, and wished for them to all be banned.  Sounds a lot like bullying and a "we don't like your kind round here" mentality to me.  

Yeah.

I always enjoy calling out and reporting bullys and I wish people with this unempathetic and in certain cases sadistic behaviour get permabans. In real life they should be put in special disciplinary schools. In AAA games they deserve bans.

The redneck referense were just a parable to their whole mentality.

CaffynatedPhryHatefullKalafaxesc-joconnor
    Xasapis said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    I never understood watching streamers. I grew up wanting to play the game not watch somebody else play.
    You never watched your friends play? Never a backseat coach? I find it hard to believe.
    I prayed my friends have a quick death while I waited for my turn.  Watching other people play a video game is as interesting in watching someone read a book or watch a movie.  Video games are made for me top play them, movies are made for me to watch them, books are made for me to read them.  
    hallucigenocideDrunkWolfSabracesc-joconnor
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981

I was rather puzzled to what the problems were with streamers apart from a couple of obvious ones like lag and people streaming guild chat. This video has convinced me that MMO's would be better of without them.
    blamo2000Baalzharon
  • LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 29
    If you don't want to play with streamers roll on a different server, simple. When phase 2 (honor system without BGs) rolls out you will have to chose between being hunter or prey every single day regardless of the server anyway.
    Baalzharon
    Holst86 said:

Yeah.

I always enjoy calling out and reporting bullys and I wish people with this unempathetic and in certain cases sadistic behaviour get permabans. In real life they should be put in special disciplinary schools. In AAA games they deserve bans.

You sound like an extremely intolerant bully with zero empathy who loves to engage in sadistic behavior.  I hope you grow up and learn tolerance and empathy and lose the self-righteous fanaticism.  
    Hatefull
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    Lolus said:
    If you don't want to play with streamers roll on a different server, simple. When phase 2 (honor system without BGs) rolls out you will have to chose between being hunter or prey every single day regardless of the server anyway.
    I am not sure how you make sure you are not on the same server as a streamer? What do you do when a couple join your, leave it? This goes beyond PvP servers, effects all servers.

The funny thing is from that video it is clear that streamers themselves have issues with having a ton of followers going round with them, there are negatives as well as PvP positives for them. I can only speak for myself, I would go mad if I had that many people following me around. :)
    TacticalZombeh
    blamo2000 said:
    Holst86 said:

Yeah.

You sound like an extremely intolerant bully with zero empathy who loves to engage in sadistic behavior.  I hope you grow up and learn tolerance and empathy and lose the self-righteous fanaticism.  

Lame comeback.

I have the moral high ground for speaking out against bullying, discrimination and intolerant behavior. Within gaming and IRL.

What are you promoting? ...

---

Watching streamers is entertainment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caffynatedesc-joconnor
    Holst86 said:

Lame comeback.

I have the moral high ground for speaking out against bullying, discrimination and intolerant behavior. Within gaming and IRL.

What are you promoting? ..
    Moral high-ground for fighting what you claim to be bad by being even worse?  You are going to out-bully, out-discriminate, and out-intolerant behavior them into thinking as enlightened and correct as you?  Death to the Others!  How old are you?
    Hatefull
  • LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Scot said:
    Lolus said:
    I am not sure how you make sure you are not on the same server as a streamer? What do you do when a couple join your, leave it? This goes beyond PvP servers, effects all servers.

The funny thing is from that video it is clear that streamers themselves have issues with having a ton of followers going round with them, there are negatives as well as PvP positives for them. I can only speak for myself, I would go mad if I had that many people following me around. :)
    I agree, this has an impact on the streamers too, they get followed by people they would ban in Twitch in 5 seconds. With servers being full after name reservation you can check the main US server for streamers. 
    Scot
    blamo2000 said:
    Holst86 said:

Lame comeback.

What are you promoting? ..
    Moral high-ground for fighting what you claim to be bad by being even worse?  You are going to out-bully, out-discriminate, and out-intolerant behavior them into thinking as enlightened and correct as you?  Death to the Others!  How old are you?

wut... ಠ_ಠ

I don't belive in turning the other cheek. And speaking out against unacceptable behavior is nothing without action.

What are you promoting? That we selectively harass and discriminate streamers? Don't watch streams if you don't like them or find them entertaining. As said streamers impact in gaming is completely overexaggerated just to strengthen the hate rhetoric BS.

Hatefull
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited August 2019
    uh no, toxic wow players. how rare.

uh wait.. nm.

uh and ...
    nomadie said:
    Please like and subscribe! Please love me! I just had to. I really hate streamers.

i think you hate spammers ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

blamo2000 said:
    Xasapis said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    I prayed my friends have a quick death while I waited for my turn.  Watching other people play a video game is as interesting in watching someone read a book or watch a movie.  Video games are made for me top play them, movies are made for me to watch them, books are made for me to read them.  
    That merely proves that you don't like watching others play, not that others don't enjoy it.

Just go see on youtube how many "X reacts on Y" videos there are out there. It's the same concept.

You don't watch the GAME played by your friends, you watch your FRIENDS reaction playing the game.
  • HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    This current anti-streamer movement really got traction based on some of the things that particular streamers (or groups of streamers) have promised to do in Classic, one of which is to gank anyone trying to mine Thorium, 24/7.  All Thorium will belong to them.

It's drawing a lot more hate than even the Devilsaur mafia will.

If you're just some average person streaming your average experience, without dedicating it to ruining anyone else's experience, you won't be added to any blacklist.

BruceYeeAlomar
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Wizardry said:

Hariken said:

The hate toward streamers is a growing tread and streamer have themselves to blame.

Yep i have lost a ton of interest,pretty much all the interest of watching any streamer and yes they are to blame.They are often arrogant and i just can't stand the suck up attitude to get money.
    To streaming a long time ago done mostly on Justin TV was to share the love of a game,NOW lmao it is all 100% about money with ridiculous fancy chairs and microphones.
    Streamers are just people but they do not act like themselves,they try to be something better than themselves,tons of bragging,tons of sub sub sub yada yada.

I have never given any streamer a single dime and never will,they should pay me and others for making their channel busy.People actually make streaming video games a living lol,how sad that people pay others to stream a video game,not like they have to pay for the streaming service.

If a streamer wants to share the love of gaming,sure great but in this case,all it will be is some shit talking pvp Wow ,look how great i am ,how great my guild is,that guild is trash etc etc.

Remember all that talk about a toxic community,well here you go,this is Blizzard,condemns it but creates the platform for it to exist which is pvp.I even laugh at people who THINK i want to know what they played in Wow...oh I..me ..me I was a Resto Druid,good for you IDC.I played FFXI i played EVERY class how about that and we HELPED each other instead of trying to one up each other.

I played on both a PVP and PVE server during vanilla, Blackrock & Proudmoore and in my experience there was more toxicity on the PVE server.
    The PvP server usually had a mutual understanding between factions because of the constant threat of PvP while the PVE server had unchecked egos. Sure there were random fights that broke out but nothing was too serious and the fights were sometimes hilarious because of all the variables like OP raid gear, engy trinkets. I still remember a couple fights where 1 warrior or warlock killed a group of people in open world PvP undergeared through pure skill. The death animations and sounds are kind of hilarious too when you think about it.

It'll be interesting to see the impact streamers have on the game since they weren't around back then.
    Xasapis said:
    blamo2000 said:
    Xasapis said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    That merely proves that you don't like watching others play, not that others don't enjoy it.

Just go see on youtube how many "X reacts on Y" videos there are out there. It's the same concept.

You don't watch the GAME played by your friends, you watch your FRIENDS reaction playing the game.
    do you watch sports? i hope not, otherwise your argument is pretty invalid.

Thane said:
    Xasapis said:
    blamo2000 said:
    Xasapis said:
    DrunkWolf said:

I actually don't watch sports. Not sure why, I just don't find them interesting to watch.

As for the argument ... I have no argument, merely an observation why streaming has become so mainstream, it has become the goto place for advertisement these days.
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    edited August 2019
    Yeah Blizzard is going to shut this down very quickly.

I suspect this will have the exact opposite effect and streamers will pour into whatever server these people declare as streamer free. Honestly this is going to be hilarious for wPVP guys like Asmondgold can probably by themselves organize 100s of people willing to come and be part of this streamer vs pvp guilds fight.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    "LFM Asmongold raid, need more healers, 34/40". For once there is a purpose for wPvP. :)
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Halibrand said:

If you're just some average person streaming your average experience, without dedicating it to ruining anyone else's experience, you won't be added to any blacklist.

Bullshit.

According to their own info they are blacklisting not only streamers, but also everyone who is in a guild with a streamer. They have also said that a guild streaming their own instance run results in being blacklisted.

Additionally their initial plan was to blacklist automatically everyone who refuses to use their addon. Luckily they have since backed down from that plan.

This isn't an action taken against few individuals who are major jerks. They are trying to organize an inquisition against all streamers and everyone who dares to be a friend with a streamer.

Holst86Raven

Xasapis said:
    Thane said:
    Xasapis said:
    blamo2000 said:
    Xasapis said:
    DrunkWolf said:

I actually don't watch sports. Not sure why, I just don't find them interesting to watch.

As for the argument ... I have no argument, merely an observation why streaming has become so mainstream, it has become the goto place for advertisement these days.
    then you may continue with your .. observations ;)

Halibrand said:
    This current anti-streamer movement really got traction based on some of the things that particular streamers (or groups of streamers) have promised to do in Classic, one of which is to gank anyone trying to mine Thorium, 24/7.  All Thorium will belong to them.

Here read this link and get your facts right:

It's nothing but persecution of streamers and associated. Using this addon should be a bannable offence.

HatefullCaffynated
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Holst86 said:
    Halibrand said:

It's nothing but persecution of streamers and associated. Using this addon should be a bannable offence.

What they are saying is that they don't want streamers to come to a particular server and disrupt things, personaly i don't have a problem with that, and honestly if they go ahead and stream from those particular servers in the knowledge of what the consequences are, then its because they want the attention this will likely bring them. Honestly i'd be tempted to join them, sounds fun  :p
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Halibrand said:

What they are saying is that they don't want streamers to come to a particular server and disrupt things, personaly i don't have a problem with that, and honestly if they go ahead and stream from those particular servers in the knowledge of what the consequences are, then its because they want the attention this will likely bring them. Honestly i'd be tempted to join them, sounds fun  :p
    They don't have the right to exclude people from playing on a certain server. Guilds and players do not own or have exclusive rights to a server. And they have no right to force people, via persecution, off a server.

This is human isolationist group mentality when it is at its worst. This and people jumping the bandwagon to it's defence. No matter if this is some epic trolling or a real addon it's a disgrace.

Vrikajimmywolf[Deleted User]HatefullCaffynated