Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Are you going to buy the Nintendo Switch?

12346»

Comments

• StellaBellaStellaBella Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I thought Nintendo was on the verge of going belly up, why spend money on that?
  • Stalking1Stalking1 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I more about PC playing, I use my PS4 just for FIFA and ESO sometimes) the only advantage of Switch - is its mobility. Maybe one day I gonna buy it, but not now.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    JeroKane said:
    Tenkousei said:
    Leaning more towards "no" right now. From the trailers i've seen it looks like the Big N is going further down the path of the E-rating. Another Zelda game, another Mario game, another Mario Kart ... Too much of the same old things for my liking.

The launch lineup is really abysmal. Worse than the WiiU. So frankly, the Switch isn't exactly off to a good start already.
    Seeing the software draught on the WiiU the last 2 years, I had expected Nintendo to have a larger lineup of games on 3rd of March.

This 100%. The only reason i think this may be different is the early projections have the switch blowing out the wii U in units sold when looking back at the wii u's preorder phase not to mention what they are predicting in total untis sold over the first 2 years. You would have to think if the switch sells like hotcakes in the first 6 months, which its on track to do, developers will be very eager to start producing games. My only concern is this. I feel like in this day and age devs want to be able to release a new game on multiple platforms at  relatively the same time. The switch is not up to par with the Xbox or PS4 in terms of tech so essentially they would have to make a separate game, This scares me.

I still dont understand why the WII -Wii U and now the switch have all lagged behind in specs/tech to all current consoles they are up against. Its not like we are getting a amazing price point at 300 bucks its not that far off from a new ps4 or xbox, Where is the cost going to? Im guessing all the gimmicks each year, Motion control, Led screen controller and now the portability.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,354
    SunYam said:
    Yes, I already pre-ordered one. But, I keep seeing a lot of people stating "Well, I'm going to wait 8-12 months or so and see how it does first!". If everyone saying that got one at launch or shortly later they wouldn't have to worry about, "What if it flops and not enough people buys it?"

I believe it will do well enough, heck pre-orders already sold out. Most places sold out of it within a few hours, Gamestop sold out of it by that Sunday. Pretty much everyone that got to try it loved it. So I don't really think we have anything to worry about.
    I'm not waiting to see if it flops. I'm waiting to see if it ends up being any good, what the problems are, and how they work them out. If it flops and they ditch it then I won't get one at all. If it ends up being good then I'll get one later.

I'm not jumping in now and hoping it will be good and that they work out all the kinks eventually. Eventually they may just make the Switch-U and I would have been better off waiting. I should have waited longer on the Wii and just got the Wii-U instead. It's a lot better.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,354
    Strange move to negate the advantages of having a high resolution touch screen display covered by the dock.  Missed the opportunity for a dual display. Yea you could play without the dock but it's still strange.  
    Image result for nintendo switch console base

This is the other strange part to me. Maybe you can pull it from the dock and use that screen like the WiiU gamepad and still play on the TV. If not that would be another stupid hardware goof. The other is not having a Blu-Ray player. It would be nice to hook up a console to the TV and not require a separate bd-player, roku, etc. This is another reason I'll get an XB1 or another PS4 first.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Already pre ordered. Don't have a Wii U, and I have kids. And the Zelda game looks way too good to miss. So 350$ Zelda machine? Sure. 

Kids can be gotten rid of by breaking there dinner plates, and forcing them to contribute to social security.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,982
    edited January 2017
    I said yes but, its more of a "probably".  The Wii U is the only nintendo system (aside from the virtual boy) that I haven't owned,  and the switch seems like it could be a great product -- but it always comes down to support and what games they end up having and how well those games play.

Nintendo is filling a niche I wasn't sure existed with this one.  The - "Play non-handheld console games anywhere".  They've pretty much dominated the handheld markets -- some would even contest that their mobile offerings are some of the highest grossing apps as well.  

This console is something different for sure.  A mixture of a few different type of technology.  Will that translate to wide 3rd party support though? 

• gobilamokagobilamoka Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I wish to vote for "undecided".. but it's not there.. lol
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Probably not... much rather have an xbox scorpio, and the online system sounds like a mess with the switch.
  • LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 76
    a what?  

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I'm not really into children's games, so most likely not.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,957
    edited January 2017
    Can't, I don't have young children anymore.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I understand their move to an even more mobile-type experience...but they're locked into the "mobile" and will never think about the next step...so they are already seeing their demise.

I'll consider it...but at the price of a full console and their games being priced the same as XBOX/Playsations prices...there's not enough value or incentive behind the brand...no matter if they give us tablets with customized joysticks.
  • TruplayaUBTruplayaUB Member UncommonPosts: 46
    NVIDIA always "cheated" the console makers like Sony and their PS3 and their Geforce "7" derivate which couldn´t handle even AF in all stages correctly ... and why ? because they saved their Geforce "8" for themself ... this is just one example ... for more info´s pls use google
    And this time its the same .... OLD Tegra (Last Gen) for Nintendo and also! in the making of a new shield craplet with the NEW Tegra Stuff ... (Pascal and S**t) .... yeah my english is not the best, but thats because i am german ;) .... and for the non believers .... happy hannukah :P
  • johnathonmjohnathonm Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Only if they release another house of the dead overkill :)
  • zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484
    No, no I don't play console games systems of any weight, size, type, capability, or description. When traveling where I can't use a laptop I read.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

• DhahranGirlDhahranGirl Newbie CommonPosts: 22
    No. I use just my PC or my mobile phone.  I don't have the resoureces to get the Switch.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,857
    Just bought the upgraded my old nintendo switch with the one with the longer battery life, wife was so jealous we ran out and got her one as well, and we gave the old one to my 7 year old which sits in the living room. So we have three nintendo switches. I will more then likely buy a fourth when the pro comes out but I will trade in my nintendo switch to do that
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

• lucasnoahlucasnoah Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Solitaire gives the mind something to focus on, particularly in times of low action when the opportunity to fret is high. 

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file