Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria Early Access Impressions - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLegends of Aria Early Access Impressions - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria hit Steam Early Access last week and MMORPG has been able to go hands on with the newly minted MMORPG. How does it fare early on after one week with LoA?

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I really want this game to be good, I've had a good time every time I jumped in over the years to check it out..... there in lies the problem though, this game has been in 'early stages' for years and seems to follow the tradition of never officially launching once early access has been announced.

If they actually launch at any point in the nearish future, I'll be sure to give them a fair shot at my money, till then I have to stay away.
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Needs a circle of transparency or something. I hate looking through branches when I stop near a tree. I hate losing sight of (me) when I go behind a building or a wall or a tree.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Game is ugly even of an indie.
    blazingcutpsychosiz1Existentialist
  • firebrandfirebrand Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Great sandbox MMO (heavily inspired in Ultima Online) with a lot to offer.

This game wont appeal to everyone due to its sandbox nature, but if you enjoyed UO you will probably enjoy LoA.
    Existentialistinfomatz
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    I purchased it hoping to enjoy, but I do not. I am not a fan of fully open Sandbox and would enjoy some PVE lore content, question and directions (not Themepark). Additionally, the overhead view, movement and camera controls are terrible.
    DragonJockeykikoodutroa8
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so its a UO with better graphics, I get it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    so its a UO with better graphics, I get it
    Lol not its not , It does not even have half the activites a player can due that UO does ..

It severely lacks atmosphere and sense of danger ...

ceratop001
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Wish them well. Game is not for me as far as I can tell, but it's certainly built to scratch the sandbox itch. Hope it succeeds.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I loving the game so far. Reminds me of the good old UO days.
    Existentialist

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58

Geeky said:

Needs a circle of transparency or something. I hate looking through branches when I stop near a tree. I hate losing sight of (me) when I go behind a building or a wall or a tree.

Hold down the middle mouse button and move the mouse.
    Tokkeninfomatz
  • calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Loved UO so may try this out down the line. Right now I have too many other things and not a big fan of early access games. When (if) it does a proper launch I will look at it.

I do love the fact that they made bards a lot like the musicians from Star Wars Galaxies. SWG wasn't exactly my type of lore but that game came closer to UO than A LOT of other games ever could try.
    Tokken

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    This is not early access title. It's been running for a long time now.
    No shards no game.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It's a worse version of a game that has existed for decades.
    DragonJockey
  • dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210
    I'm been enjoying the game so far. They've been patching the game frequently and a recent fix made the coyotes visible. The yield from cotton plants has also been increased so it is easier to collect. I have two main complaints. First, there is no global auction feature; you have to run around to each player's merchant to see what they have for sale. The second is that growing plants from seeds requires that you own a plot on land and the cost of a deed is very high, even for a minimal plot. ArcheAge fixed this problem by allowing player to grow things in public plots but with time limits on ownership.