Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#Tartarians/Barbarians The Conquerors and Reverse Engineers Da vinci to Tesla

Comments

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    edited July 2019
    https://www.jstor.org/stable/24621866?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

The Plague of Justinian (541–542 AD) was a pandemic that afflicted the Byzantine (Eastern Roman) Empire and especially its capital, Constantinople, as well as the Sasanian Empire, and port cities around the entire Mediterranean Sea, as merchant ships harbored rats that carried fleas infected with plague. One of the deadliest plagues in history, the devastating pandemic resulted in the deaths of an estimated 25–50 million people during two centuries of recurrence, a death toll equivalent to 13–26% of the world's population at the time of the first outbreak. The plague's social and cultural impact has been compared to that of the similar Black Death that devastated Europe in the Middle Ages, 600 years after the last outbreak of Justinian's plague.

In 2013, researchers confirmed earlier speculation that the cause of the Plague of Justinian was Yersinia pestis, the same bacterium responsible for Black Plague (1347–1351), which was much shorter, but still killed an estimated one-third to one-half of Europeans. Ancient and modern Yersinia pestis strains closely related to the ancestor of the Justinian plague strain have been found in Tian Shan, a system of mountain ranges on the borders of Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and China, suggesting that the Justinian plague may have originated in or near that region.

Procopius, a Greek who was the principal historian of the 6th century, described the pandemic as worldwide in scope, and this first plague returned periodically until the eighth century. The waves of disease had a major effect on the subsequent course of European history.
    Post edited by KingNaid on

"Bahram V (Middle Persian: ??????‎ Wahrām), also known as Bahram Gor (Persian: بهرام گور‎, "Bahram the onager") was the fifteenth king (shah) of the Sasanian Empire, ruling from 420 to 438.

The son of Yazdegerd I, Bahram was exiled at an early age to the Lahkmid court in al-Hira, where he was raised under the tutolage of the Lakhmid kings. After the assassination of Yazdegerd I, Bahram hurried to the Sasanian capital of Ctesiphon with a Lakhmid army, and won the favour of the nobles and priests, according to a long-existing popular legend, after withstanding a trial against two lions.

Bahram V's reign was generally peaceful, with two brief wars—first against his western neighbours, the Eastern Roman Empire, and then against his eastern neighbours, the Hephthalites, who were disturbing the Sasanian eastern provinces"
    Plate with a hunting scene from the tale of Bahram Gur and Azadeh MET DT1634jpg
    "Colonies in antiquity were post-Iron Age city-states founded from a mother-city (its "metropolis"), not from a territory-at-large. Bonds between a colony and its metropolis remained often close, and took specific forms during the period of classical antiquity. Generally, colonies founded by the ancient Phoenicians, Carthage, Rome, Alexander the Great and his successors remained tied to their metropolis, but Greek colonies of the Archaic and Classical eras were sovereign and self-governing from their inception. While Greek colonies were often founded to solve social unrest in the mother-city, by expelling a part of the population, Hellenistic, Roman, Carthaginian, and Han Chinese colonies were used for expansion and empire-building."

ArdashirIGoldCoinHistoryofIranjpgShapurICoinHistoryofIranjpgHormizdICoinHistoryofIranjpgCoin of Bahram I croppedjpgCoin of Bahram II cropped Herat mintjpg
    edited July 2019
    The Prieuré de Sion ([pʁi.jœ.ʁe də sjɔ̃]), translated as Priory of Sion, was a fringe fraternal organisation, founded and dissolved in France in 1956 by Pierre Plantard as part of a hoax. Plantard was a French fascist, imprisoned in 1943 for association with a secret group called Alpha Galates. In the 1960s, Plantard created a fictitious history for the Alpha Galates organization, describing it as a secret society founded by Godfrey of Bouillon on Mount Zion in the Kingdom of Jerusalem in 1099, conflating it with a genuine historical monastic order, the Abbey of Our Lady of Mount Zion. In Plantard's version, the Priory was devoted to installing a secret bloodline of the Merovingian dynasty on the thrones of France and the rest of Europe. This myth was expanded upon and popularised by the 1982 pseudohistorical book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail  and later presented in the preface of the 2003 novel The Da Vinci Code.

In The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, the authors put forward a hypothesis that the historical Jesus married Mary Magdalene, had one or more children, and that those children or their descendants emigrated to what is now southern France. Once there, they intermarried with the noble families that would eventually become the Merovingian dynasty, whose special claim to the throne of France is championed today by a secret society called the Priory of Sion. They concluded that the legendary Holy Grail is simultaneously the womb of Mary Magdalene and the sacred royal bloodline she gave birth to.

The Merovingian dynasty was the ruling family of the Franks from the middle of the 5th century until 751. They first appear as "Kings of the Franks" in the Roman army of northern Gaul. By 509 they had united all the Franks and northern Gaulish Romans under their rule. They conquered most of Gaul, defeating the Visigoths (507) and the Burgundians (534), and also extended their rule into Raetia (537). In Germania, the Alemanni, Bavarii and Saxons accepted their lordship. The Merovingian realm was the largest and most powerful of the states of western Europe following the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

The term "Merovingian" comes from medieval Latin Merovingi or Merohingi ("sons of Merovech"), an alteration of an unattested Frankish form, akin to their dynasty's Old English name Merewīowing, with the final -ing being a typical Germanic patronymic suffix. The name derives from the possibly legendary King Merovech. Unlike the Anglo-Saxon royal genealogies, the Merovingians never claimed descent from a god, nor is there evidence that they were regarded as sacred.

Mary Magdalene Raised by Angels, ca.1430, National Museum in Warsaw
    Anonimous Winterfled Diptych mary magdalene iconography Mary Magdalene Raised by Angels ca1430 National Museum in Warsaw iconography mary magdalene
    Tilman Riemenschneider mary magdalene iconography Mary Magdalen taken up into the air 1490-92 from the Altarpiece of the Magdalen from Mnnerstadt Bayerisches Nationalmuseum Munich iconography mary magdalene
    Attavante degli Attavanti and workshop mary magdalene iconography Mary Magdalene in Horae ad usum Ecclesiae Romanae ca 1492 Royal Castle in Warsaw iconography mary magdalene
    Antonio del Pollaiolo Assumption of Mary Magdalene ca1460 Museo del Pollaiolo Staggia Senese mary magdalene iconography
    edited July 2019
    Borgia Family, Spanish Borja, descendants of a noble line, originally from Valencia, Spain, that established roots in Italy and became prominent in ecclesiastical and political affairs in the 1400s and 1500s. The house of the Borgias produced two popes and many other political and church leaders. Some members of the family became known for their treachery.

Daniel 7:1-22

Visions of the Four Beasts

7 In the first year of King Belshazzar of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head as he lay in bed. Then he wrote down the dream:[a] 2 I,[b] Daniel, saw in my vision by night the four winds of heaven stirring up the great sea, 3 and four great beasts came up out of the sea, different from one another. 4 The first was like a lion and had eagles’ wings. Then, as I watched, its wings were plucked off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a human being; and a human mind was given to it. 5 Another beast appeared, a second one, that looked like a bear. It was raised up on one side, had three tusks[c] in its mouth among its teeth and was told, “Arise, devour many bodies!” 6 After this, as I watched, another appeared, like a leopard. The beast had four wings of a bird on its back and four heads; and dominion was given to it. 7 After this I saw in the visions by night a fourth beast, terrifying and dreadful and exceedingly strong. It had great iron teeth and was devouring, breaking in pieces, and stamping what was left with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that preceded it, and it had ten horns. 8 I was considering the horns, when another horn appeared, a little one coming up among them; to make room for it, three of the earlier horns were plucked up by the roots. There were eyes like human eyes in this horn, and a mouth speaking arrogantly.

Judgment before the Ancient One

9 As I watched,
    thrones were set in place,
        and an Ancient One[d] took his throne,
    his clothing was white as snow,
        and the hair of his head like pure wool;
    his throne was fiery flames,
        and its wheels were burning fire.
    10 A stream of fire issued
        and flowed out from his presence.
    A thousand thousands served him,
        and ten thousand times ten thousand stood attending him.
    The court sat in judgment,
        and the books were opened.

11 I watched then because of the noise of the arrogant words that the horn was speaking. And as I watched, the beast was put to death, and its body destroyed and given over to be burned with fire. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but their lives were prolonged for a season and a time. 13 As I watched in the night visions,

I saw one like a human being[e]
        coming with the clouds of heaven.
    And he came to the Ancient One[f]
        and was presented before him.
    14 To him was given dominion
        and glory and kingship,
    that all peoples, nations, and languages
        should serve him.
    His dominion is an everlasting dominion
        that shall not pass away,
    and his kingship is one
        that shall never be destroyed.

Daniel’s Visions Interpreted

15 As for me, Daniel, my spirit was troubled within me,[g] and the visions of my head terrified me. 16 I approached one of the attendants to ask him the truth concerning all this. So he said that he would disclose to me the interpretation of the matter: 17 “As for these four great beasts, four kings shall arise out of the earth. 18 But the holy ones of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever—forever and ever.”

19 Then I desired to know the truth concerning the fourth beast, which was different from all the rest, exceedingly terrifying, with its teeth of iron and claws of bronze, and which devoured and broke in pieces, and stamped what was left with its feet; 20 and concerning the ten horns that were on its head, and concerning the other horn, which came up and to make room for which three of them fell out—the horn that had eyes and a mouth that spoke arrogantly, and that seemed greater than the others. 21 As I looked, this horn made war with the holy ones and was prevailing over them, 22 until the Ancient One[h] came; then judgment was given for the holy ones of the Most High, and the time arrived when the holy ones gained possession of the kingdom.

Revelation 6

The Seven Seals

6 Then I saw the Lamb open one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures call out, as with a voice of thunder, “Come!”[a] 2 I looked, and there was a white horse! Its rider had a bow; a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering and to conquer.

3 When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature call out, “Come!”[b] 4 And out came[c] another horse, bright red; its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people would slaughter one another; and he was given a great sword.

5 When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature call out, “Come!”[d] I looked, and there was a black horse! Its rider held a pair of scales in his hand, 6 and I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s pay,[e] and three quarts of barley for a day’s pay,[f] but do not damage the olive oil and the wine!”

7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature call out, “Come!”[g] 8 I looked and there was a pale green horse! Its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed with him; they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, famine, and pestilence, and by the wild animals of the earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Perils

"The Four Perils (Chinese: 四凶; pinyin: Sì Xiōng) are four malevolent beings that existed in Chinese mythology, and the antagonistic counterparts of the Four Benevolent Animals."

https://archive.shine.cn/sunday/now-and-then/The-four-evils-are-still-out-there/shdaily.shtml

"APART from protectors and god-like creatures, there are also evil-beings in Chinese myths. Si Xiong, or the Four Evils, are one of the most famous.

The Four Evils are Tao Tie饕餮, Hun Dun混沌, Qiong Qi穷奇 and Tao Wu梼杌. Each holds evil characteristics such as encouraging greed, distorting truth, and making wars. The evil beasts’ names are still often referred to as metaphors out of superstition.

Some legends suggest the four evils were born from four evil and rebellious tribe leaders after they died in ancient times: San Miao三苗, Huan Dou驩兜, Gong Gong共工 and Gun鲧. They ruled in the reign of the Shun Emperor 舜帝, who was defeated and exiled in the end. But there are many other stories of the origins of the beasts."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Barbarians

"Four Barbarians was a derogatory Chinese term[citation needed] for various ancient non-Chinese peoples bordering ancient China, namely, the Dōngyí "Eastern Barbarians", Nánmán "Southern Barbarians", Xīróng 西 "Western Barbarians", and Běidí "Northern Barbarians"."

"Yi, Man, Rong, and Di were further generalized into compounds (such as Róngdí, Mányí, and Mányíróngdí) denoting "non-Chinese; foreigners; barbarians." Hieroglyphics refer to these groups all have a section for indicating "animal/insect". Nowadays, Chinese characters have omitted this symbolic section, so the Chinese characters quoted above only have the "dog symbol" in the word .

The Yi ("Barbarian") had both specific denotations (e.g., Huaiyi 淮夷 "Huai River barbarians" and Xiyi 西夷 "western barbarians") and generalized references to "barbarian" (e.g., Sìyí "Four Barbarians"). The sinologist Edwin G. Pulleyblank (1983: 440) says the name Yi "furnished the primary Chinese term for 'barbarian'," but "Paradoxically the Yi were considered the most civilized of the non-Chinese peoples."

The Old Chinese pronunciation of Modern Chinese 夷 is reconstructed as *‍dyər (Bernhard Karlgren), *ɤier (Zhou Fagao), *ləj (William H. Baxter), and *l(ə)i (Axel Schuessler). Schuessler (2007: 563) defines Yi as "The name of non-Chinese tribes, prob[ably] Austroasiatic, to the east and southeast of the central plain (Shandong, Huái River basin), since the Spring and Autumn period also a general word for 'barbarian'", and proposes a "sea" etymology, "Since the ancient Yuè (=Viet) word for 'sea' is said to have been , the people's name might have originated as referring to people living by the sea"."

"The modern character for yi, like the Qin Dynasty seal script, is composed of "big" and "bow" – but the earliest Shang Dynasty oracle bone script was used interchangeably for yi and shi "corpse", depicting a person with bent back and dangling legs (Hanyu Da Zidian 1986 1: 527). The archeologist and scholar Guo Moruo believed the oracle graph for yi denotes "a dead body, i.e., the killed enemy", while the bronze graph denotes "a man bound by a rope, i.e., a prisoner or slave" (Huang 2013: 462). Ignoring this historical paleography, the Chinese historian K. C. Wu (1982: 107–108) claimed that Yi 夷 should not be translated as "barbarian" because the modern graph implies a big person carrying a bow, someone to perhaps be feared or respected, but not to be despised. The (121 CE) Shuowen Jiezi character dictionary, defines yi 夷 as "men of the east” 東方之人也. The scholar Léon Wieger provided multiple definitions to the term yi: “The men 大 armed with bows 弓, the primitive inhabitants, barbarians, borderers of the Eastern Sea, inhabitants of the South-West countries.""
    edited July 2019
    The Divine Beasts are mechanical constructs from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. There are four Divine Beasts; Vah Ruta, Vah Medoh, Vah Rudania and Vah Naboris, each of which were corrupted by Calamity Ganon during the Great Calamity causing disasters all over Hyrule. Link must free them from corruption by entering their innards and returning them to their owners, the four Champions. The Beasts' innards function as dungeons and Link has to battle their bosses. Once set free, the four Divine Beasts will help Link confront and defeat Calamity Ganon.

Image result for ganondorf

edited July 2019

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/481156/truth-is-in-the-fiction#latest

Psalm 82

A Plea for Justice

A Psalm of Asaph.

1 God has taken his place in the divine council;
        in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
    2 “How long will you judge unjustly
        and show partiality to the wicked?Selah
    3 Give justice to the weak and the orphan;
        maintain the right of the lowly and the destitute.
    4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
        deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

5 They have neither knowledge nor understanding,
        they walk around in darkness;
        all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6 I say, “You are gods,
        children of the Most High, all of you;
    7 nevertheless, you shall die like mortals,
        and fall like any prince.”[a]

8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth;
        for all the nations belong to you!

Jeremiah 31:27-34

27 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the Lord.

29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

During the ascension of the mythical Raksha demon King Ravana, some Deva people migrated to other places like present-day North Malabar of Kerala where they followed Buddhism before the advent of Brahminism. Having their own complete social fabric and systems of precedence and worship, they dominated the area until their power was seriously undermined by the Brahmin lead power lobby.[further explanation needed] However, they still survive in Malabar, and are known as "Thiyya", a localization of the name "Deyva" equivalent to Deva. The ancestor worship of Thiyyas springs from the fact that they consider themselves as descendants of "Deyva" or God. The ceremonial oracles, who represent the spirit of their ancestors of Lanka, in the temple are known as "Theyyam", originating from the word "Deyvam" meaning God. However, by the time of the arrival of Vijaya to Sri Lanka, a significant number of the Deva clan had intermingled with North Indians, Nagas and Yaksas, to create the Modern Sinhalese lineage.
    Bhagavān literally means "fortunate, blessed" (from the noun bhaga, meaning "fortune, wealth", cognate to Slavic bog "god", Polish bogaty Serbo-Croatian bogat, Russian богатый (bogatyj) "wealthy"), and hence "illustrious, divine, venerable, holy", etc.

edited July 2019
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painting_of_a_Nestorian_Christian_figure
    The Painting of a Nestorian Christian figure or Fragment of a Christian figure, Nestorian painting of Jesus Christ, is a late 9th-century Tang dynasty fragmentary silk painting of a haloed man with crosses on his head and chest who has been interpreted as a Christian figure, associated with the Church of the East in China. It was discovered by the Hungarian-born British archaeologist Aurel Stein at the Library Cave (cave 17) of the Mogao Caves in 1908. The painting is in the British Museum in London.
    httpsuploadwikimediaorgwikipediacommons22fT27ang_dynasty_Nestorian_image_of_Jesus_Christ_28Original_version29jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Thousand_Buddha_Caves
    Celestial figures above serial Buddhas in the Thousand Buddha tradition, west wall, Cave 7
    W1000BuddhaCaves Cave 7 w wall Northern Weijpg
    Zhang Qian taking leave from emperor Han Wudi, for his expedition to Central Asia from 138 to 126 BC, Mogao Caves mural, 618–712 AD

edited July 2019

edited August 2019

edited August 2019

edited August 2019
    Jacob (Israel, Saturn of Crete), King of Goshen (3495-3642 AM) (whence Israelites), m. Leah
    Levi
    Judah, next
    Judah, King of Goshen (whence Jews), who had twins by Tamar . This is Rollo's and Poppa's common ancestor.
    Pharez, next
    Zerah
    Zerah (Zarah) *
    Calcol, who was probably Cecrops
    Darda (Dara), who was probably Dardanus
    Dardanus, King of Dardania (-1414 BC)
    His ancestry is disputed. He is probably the Biblical Darda, as Trojan argues. *
    Erichthonius, King of Dardania (-1368 BC)
    Tros, King of Troy (-1328 BC), whence Troy, Trojan
    Ilus, next
    Assaracus
    Ilus, King of Troy (-1279 BC), whence Illium
    Laomedon, next
    Themiste, m. Capys
    Laomedon, King of Troy (-1235 BC)
    Priam, next
    Tithonus
    In Greek mythology, Memnon (/ˈmɛmnən/; Ancient Greek: Μέμνων) was an Ethiopian king and son of Tithonus and Eos. As a warrior he was considered to be almost Achilles' equal in skill. During the Trojan War, he brought an army to Troy's defense and killed Antilochus during a fierce battle. The death of Memnon echoes that of Hector, another defender of Troy whom Achilles also killed out of revenge for a fallen comrade, Patroclus.

The accepted version was that the Dardani were kindred people of the Trojans who had degenerated in their new home to a state of barbarism.

Though for a time probably subordinate to Epirus, the Dardani maintained an independence that was later eroded by Macedonia and finally extinguished by the Romans… After 335 BC nothing is reported of them…

In the Greek and Roman world…the Dardani…came to be linked with a people of the same name who dwelt in Asia Minor and who gave their name to the district of Dardania from which the modern name Dardanelles is derived. Other coincidences of ethnic names supported notions of a connection between the Balkans and Asia Minor. A current explanation cites as a likely context the large-scale movement of peoples…(around 1200 BC) when some of the well-established powers around the eastern Mediterranean were afflicted by attacks of the ‘sea-peoples’.
    Illyrians & Dardanians were two separate people even in antiquity.

The excerpt below is worth reading because it sheds light on how different Dardanians were compared to the Illyrians who surrounded them. For example: out of 20 place names (toponyms) in Dardania: 4 are definitely Thracian and 8 Illyrian. This means that 8 / 20 Dardanian place names are neither Illyrian nor Thracian - nor are they Greek or Dacian. They simply cannot be grouped into any classical Balkan language:

This makes any neat apportioning of the Dardanian onomastic material less plausible and suggests that the Dardanians are better regarded as a separate onomastic province. The problems are no less in regard to the place names of the region... Out of 20 place names 4 are definitely Thracian...and 8 Illyrian. The two groups are distributed in a pattern similar to the personal names: Thracian only in the East and Illyrian mainly, but not entirely in the West.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dara

Dara is a name with more than one origin.

Dara is a gotra (clan) of certain Jats and Punjabis found in India.[citation needed] Members of the Dara gotra are found mainly in Rajasthan (majority), Delhi and Haryana in India. Dara mostly belong to the Khatri caste.

Religion
    It is found in the Bible's Old Testament Books of Chronicles. Dara was a descendant of Judah (son of Jacob). (The Bible. 1 Chronicles 2:6). Dara (also known as Darda) was one of four men noted for great wisdom, but exceeded by King Solomon (1 Kings 4:31).
    • In Kazakh, Dara means special, one of a kind, only one.
    • In old Slavic-Serbian, Dara (Dar) means Gift, or to give a gift.
    • In the Sudan, it is also known as Gbaya-Dara, a Central Sudan language of South Sudan. It is one of the Kresh Languages. Though it is commonly called Gbaya, it is not one of the Abaya languages, which are in the Ubangian family.
    • In Urdu, Dara is Darius.
    • In Kannada, Dara (dAra) means thread.
    • In Khmer, Thai and Lao, Dara is a masculine or feminine name meaning "star".
    • In Hebrew Dara means compassion or pearl of wisdom.
    • In Punjabi, Dara means "leader".
    • In Persian Dara (Persian: دارا) is a masculine name. It is the descendant of the Old Persian name Darayaush (Darius)
    • In the Swahili version Dara means "the beautiful one".
    • In Irish Dara means "oak". Dara is also frequently used in Ireland (and the United States), as either a masculine or a feminine given name, and it also occurs as a surname. The spelling varies, with variations including Daire, Darragh and Daragh. The Irish form is probably derived from doire, the Irish word for "oak tree", though as a surname it may be a version of the Irish name Mac Dubhdara. In Irish and Scottish Gaelic, dara means "second".
    • In Indonesian, Dara means "girl", "young woman", or "virgin".
    • In Javanese, Dara (in which the letters A are pronounced /ɔ/ by the majority of the speakers, slightly like the pronunciation of the letter å in Danish and Norwegian) means "dove" or "pigeon".
    • Dara is a feminine name in Bulgaria and Macedonia. Its meaning directly derives from "dar", which means "gift" both in Bulgarian and Macedonian. This name stems from the more common male name Bojidar (or Bozhidar), and its female version Bojidara (or Bozhidara), both meaning "Gift of God".
    • Dara is also a short form of Oluwadarasimi or Oluwadara, which in Yoruba means "God is good". The name is given to both boys and girls.[citation needed] Because of tone mark in Yoruba Language, Dara is also a short form of Oluwashindara which means "Wonder" (God still does wonder).
    • In Meranau Dara is a Blood.[citation needed]
    • In ancient Sumerian language, Babylonian-Akkadian Cuneiform Tablet writing Dara means "blood"
    • In Gujarati Dara means "every one" 
    • In Sikh, Dara is a masculine name that means "Lord", "God"
    • Dara is a Muslim name given to baby boys and its meaning is "Possessor" or "sovereign" and "Halo"(of the moon)
    • The word "Odara" derives from the Brazilian indigenous Ioruba word dara, meaning "gorgeous."
    • In African-American culture, the name Dara is of Bermudian origin, meaning "beautiful".
    • In Parsi, Dara means "Bell" or "Pendant"
    • Sumerian God Enki was also known as "Dara-Mah"
    In Urdu, Dara is Darius
    In Persian Dara (Persian: دارا) is a masculine name. It is the descendant of the Old Persian name Darayaush (Darius)

Darius the Great or Darius I (Old Persian: Dārayava(h)uš, New Persian: داریوش‎ Dāryuš; Hebrew: דָּרְיָוֶשׁ, Modern: Darəyaveš, Tiberian: Dāryāwéš; c. 550–486 BCE) was the fourth Persian king of the Achaemenid Empire. He ruled the empire at its peak, when it included much of West Asia, the Caucasus, parts of the Balkans (Thrace-Macedonia, and Paeonia), most of the Black Sea coastal regions, parts of the North Caucasus, Central Asia, as far as the Indus Valley in the far east and portions of north and northeast Africa including Egypt (Mudrâya), eastern Libya, and coastal Sudan.

Darius ascended the throne by overthrowing Gaumata, a claimed usurper. The new king met with rebellions throughout his kingdom and quelled them each time. A major event in Darius's life was his expedition to punish Athens and Eretria for their aid in the Ionian Revolt and subjugate Greece. Although ultimately ending in failure at the Battle of Marathon, Darius succeeded in the re-subjugation of Thrace, expansion of the empire through the conquest of Macedon, the Cyclades and the island of Naxos and the sacking of the city of Eretria.

Darius organized the empire by dividing it into provinces and placing satraps to govern it. He organized Achaemenid coinage as a new uniform monetary system, along with making Aramaic the official language of the empire. He also put the empire in better standing by building roads and introducing standard weights and measures. Through these changes, the empire was centralized and unified. Darius also worked on construction projects throughout the empire, focusing on Susa, Pasargadae, Persepolis, Babylon, and Egypt. He had the cliff-face Behistun Inscription carved to record his conquests, an important testimony of the Old Persian language.

Darius is mentioned in the biblical books of Haggai, Zechariah, and Ezra–Nehemiah.

In Javanese, Dara (in which the letters A are pronounced /ɔ/ by the majority of the speakers, slightly like the pronunciation of the letter å in Danish and Norwegian) means "dove" or "pigeon".

Javanese priyayi (aristocrat) and servants, c. 1865.

Javanese migrant workers in Suriname, circa 1940.

Sultan Amangkurat II of Mataram (upper right) watching warlord Untung Surapati fighting Captain Tack of the Dutch East India Company (VOC). ca 1684 AD.

Javanese (/dʒɑːvəˈniːz/; ꦧꦱꦗꦮ, basa Jawa; Javanese pronunciation: [bɔsɔ dʒɔwɔ]; colloquially known as ꦕꦫꦗꦮ, cara Jawa; Javanese pronunciation: [t͡ʃɔrɔ dʒɔwɔ]) is the language of the Javanese people from the central and eastern parts of the island of Java, in Indonesia. There are also pockets of Javanese speakers on the northern coast of western Java. It is the native language of more than 98 million people (more than 42% of the total population of Indonesia).

Javanese is one of the Austronesian languages

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javanese_script

The Javanese script, natively known as Aksara Jawa (ꦲ (a)ꦏ꧀ꦱ (ksa)ꦫ (ra)ꦗ (ja)ꦮ (wa)) and Hanacaraka (ꦲ (ha)ꦤ (na)ꦕ (ca)ꦫ (ra)ꦏ (ka)), formally known as Déntawyanjana (ꦢꦺ (dé)ꦤ꧀ꦠ (nta)ꦮꦾ (wya)ꦚ꧀ꦗ (nyja)ꦤ (na)) and Carakan (ꦕ (ca)ꦫ (ra)ꦏ (ka)ꦤ꧀ (n)), is an abugida developed by the Javanese people to write several Austronesian languages spoken in Indonesia, primarily the Javanese language and an early form of Javanese called Kawi, as well as Sanskrit, an Indo-Aryan language used as a sacred language throughout Asia. The Javanese script is a descendant of the Brahmi script and therefore has many similarities with the modern scripts of South India and Southeast Asia. The Javanese script, along with the Balinese script, is considered the most elaborate and ornate among Brahmic scripts of Southeast Asia.

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archivo:Java_women_Mongoloid_Negrito_Australoid.png
    ArchivoJava women Mongoloid Negrito Australoidpng
    edited August 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javan

Javan (Hebrew יָוָן, Standard Hebrew Yavan, Tiberian Hebrew Yāwān) was the fourth son of Noah's son Japheth according to the "Generations of Noah" (Genesis chapter 10) in the Hebrew Bible. Josephus states the traditional belief that this individual was the ancestor of the Greeks.

Also serving as the Hebrew name for Greece or Greeks in general, יָוָן Yavan or Yāwān has long been considered cognate with the name of the eastern Greeks, the Ionians (Greek Ἴωνες Iōnes, Homeric Greek Ἰάονες Iáones; Mycenaean Greek *Ιαϝονες Iawones).[1] The Greek race has been known by cognate names throughout the Eastern Mediterranean, Near East and beyond: see Sanskrit Yona & Sanskrit (यवन yavana) or proto Aryan languages Sanskrit probably originated. In Greek mythology, the eponymous forefather of the Ionians is similarly called Io, a son of Apollo. The opinion that Javan is synonymous with Greek Ion and thus fathered the Ionians is common to numerous writers of the early modern period including Sir Walter Raleigh, Samuel Bochart, John Mill and Jonathan Edwards, and is still frequently encountered today.

Javan is also found in apocalyptic literature in the Book of Daniel, 8:21-22 and 11:2, in reference to the King of Greece (יון)—most commonly interpreted as a reference to Alexander the Great.
    Related image
    edited August 2019
    The Apollo of Veii is a life-size painted terracotta Etruscan statue of Apollo (Aplu), designed to be placed at the highest part of a temple. The statue was discovered in the Portonaccio sanctuary of ancient Veii, in what is now central Italy, and dates from c. 510 - 500 BC. It was created in the so-called "international" Ionic or late-archaic Etruscan style
    It was discovered in 1916, and is now on display in the National Etruscan Museum in Rome.
    Image result for Apollo di VeioRelated image

edited August 2019
    Donnelly discusses many aspects of his proposed theory in extreme detail. He includes many illustrations as well as charts with lingual similarities. With his book he states that he is trying to prove thirteen distinct hypotheses:
    1. There once existed in the Atlantic Ocean, opposite the Mediterranean Sea, a large island, which was the remnant of an Atlantic continent, and known to the ancients as Atlantis.
    2. That the description of this island given by Plato is not fable, as has been long supposed, but veritable history.
    3. That Atlantis was the region where man first rose from a state of barbarism to civilization.
    4. That it became, in the course of ages, a populous and mighty nation, from whose emigrants the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi River, the Amazon River, the Pacific coast of South America, the Mediterranean, the west coast of Europe and Africa, the Baltic, the Black Sea, and the Caspian were populated by civilized nations.
    5. That it was the true Antediluvian world: the Garden of Eden; the Gardens of Hesperides; the Elysian Fields; the Gardens of Alcinous; the Mesomphalos, the Olympos; the Asgard of the traditions of the ancient nations. That it represented a universal memory of a great land, where early mankind dwelt for ages in peace and happiness.
    6. That the gods and goddesses of the ancient Greeks, the Phoenicians, the Hindus, and the Scandinavians were simply the kings, queens, and heroes of Atlantis; and the acts attributed to them in mythology are a confused recollection of real historical events.
    7. That the mythology of Egypt and Peru represented the original religion of Atlantis, which was sun-worship.
    8. That the oldest colony formed by Atlantis was probably Egypt, whose civilization was a reproduction of that Atlantic island.
    9. That the implements of the "Bronze Age" of Europe were derived from Atlantis. The Atlanteans were also the first manufacturers of iron.
    10. That the Phoenician alphabet, parent of all the European alphabets, was derived from an Atlantis alphabet, which was also conveyed by them from Atlantis to the Mayans of Central America.