Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Scalebreaker Preview: Lair Of Maarselok Exudes Great Design - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageESO Scalebreaker Preview: Lair Of Maarselok Exudes Great Design - MMORPG.com

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with various members of Zenimax Online Media — including Rich Lambert (Creative Director), Mike Finnigan (Lead Dungeon Designer), and Bobby Weir (Lead UI Designer) — for a walkthrough of Scalebreaker, the latest DLC to hit ESO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    I love fantasy landscape, take a look at that sharp peak, quite unrealistic it is visual drama. In reality such sharp hills, peaks, mountains rarely occur but fantasy landscape is about emotion and drama.

The first use of "overly dramatic peaks" was in the old comic strips like Dan Dare (and predecessors) which liked to put them on the Moon and Mars. And here we are today, weathering just can't get rid of them. :)
    Roin
  • BlazerXBlazerX Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I don't like idiots who comment without any knowledge of what this dlc is doing to this game. It eliminates the Magicka Sorcerer as class and makes it pretty useless with the change to this classes most critical heal, Power Surge. It is game breaking and it is nerfmire extreme. Many people are upset with this change and many people will be leaving this game for soemthing else, including myself. FUCK ZOS.
    [Deleted User]p4ttythep3rf3ct[Deleted User]Golelorn
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    BlazerX said:
    I don't like idiots who comment without any knowledge of what this dlc is doing to this game. It eliminates the Magicka Sorcerer as class and makes it pretty useless with the change to this classes most critical heal, Power Surge. It is game breaking and it is nerfmire extreme. Many people are upset with this change and many people will be leaving this game for soemthing else, including myself. FUCK ZOS.
    I agree about the magicka morph of surge. It has always been a healing proc based on damage crits as it remains for Stamsorcs. Changing the magicka morph to add extra healing to a critical heal not only changes the whole spirit of the ability but just how often do you need extra healing after just getting off a healing crit?

Idiotic change.
    [Deleted User]Agent_Joseph
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• shelley12shelley12 Newbie Posts: 0
    Iselin said:
    BlazerX said:
    I don't like idiots who comment without any knowledge of what this dlc is doing to this game. It eliminates the Magicka Sorcerer as class and makes it pretty useless with myfirstpremiercard the change to this classes most critical heal, Power Surge. It is game breaking and it is nerfmire extreme. Many people are upset with this change and many people will be leaving this game for soemthing else, including myself. FUCK ZOS.
    I agree about the magicka morph of surge. It has always been a healing proc based on damage crits as it remains for Stamsorcs. Changing the magicka morph to add extra healing to a critical heal not only changes the whole spirit of the ability but just how often do you need extra healing after just getting off a healing crit?

Idiotic change.

It eliminates the Magicka Sorcerer as class and makes it pretty useless with the change to this classes most critical heal, Power Surge. It is game breaking and it is nerfmire extreme. Many people are upset with this change and many people will be leaving this game for soemthing else, including myself.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    lmao at all the people saying it's ruined FOREVER or dead because they don't like the changes to a certain class... dude, they have done this at some point to all classes magsorc mains aren't special in this, so they will fix it. we get it you don't like the change, but it's also day 1, and not the end of the world, relax... 
    Nepheth
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I play DK, the dlc has been good so far. Glad i dont have one OP ability that if changed makes me want to quit playing, lmao
    Agent_Josephklash2defp4ttythep3rf3ctGolelorn
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Deyirn said:
    Dead game.
    You're one of the most butthurt people I've ever seen in my life. I'm really sorry for you...
    Holst86Agent_JosephSovrathp4ttythep3rf3ct
  • Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Nepheth said:
    Deyirn said:
    Dead game.
    You're one of the most butthurt people I've ever seen in my life. I'm really sorry for you...

He's a hater and troll. Almost all his points about ESO are invalid/exaggerated BS. Funny thing is that he's claiming that WoW Classic is a "real" mmorpg when in fact it were more shallow and as grindy as Lineage 2 during its time.

Is this dudes trolling really allowed?
    I remember I got temp bans for criticising(or trolling, as you put it) certain old asian mmos and their shady connections with goldsellers. But this guy just keep on sh*t posting.
    Can we calm down guys, Deyirn has explained his issues before, but I agree negative comments without explanation get us no where. I don't agree with bans generally but he might have less potential problems with his blood pressure if he did not read so many ESO articles. :)
    Sovrath[Deleted User]
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    well,I ll move from my Sorc Mag to Necro Mag,happy to continue enjoying in great mmoRPG in main favorite fantasy universe
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Scot said:

I love fantasy landscape, take a look at that sharp peak, quite unrealistic it is visual drama. In reality such sharp hills, peaks, mountains rarely occur but fantasy landscape is about emotion and drama.

The first use of "overly dramatic peaks" was in the old comic strips like Dan Dare (and predecessors) which liked to put them on the Moon and Mars. And here we are today, weathering just can't get rid of them. :)

I'm pretty good with acknowledging graphics, but I didn't see any sharp peaks :|
    To that end, there are some very unusually sharp peaks in many mountain areas. Serbia, China, the alps.

Even the Matterhorn has a rather sharp peak. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Lost in the bickering about changes in this update is the fact that this is a much better article about ESO than what we're used to around here.

Good article by our new news editor @ShankTheTank ;
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    edited August 2019
    But what i realy wanna know is...who is the sherrif..lol

No I realy want to know about the animation canceling and the dungeon finder..cuz they just keep creating dungeons..but what if the dungeon finder dont work and takes over 1 h to try to gather a grp...

And when you are in the dungeon, then you need to do animation cancel to do best dps..when will that be fixed is what i wanna know...gut out :p or what he says

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

Iselin said:

Lost in the bickering about changes in this update is the fact that this is a much better article about ESO than what we're used to around here.

Good article by our new news editor @ShankTheTank ;

Bickering and tribalism are unfortunate. My hope is people actually read the content and get some insight out of it. Appreciate the nice words, Iselin!
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019

BlazerX said:

This guy seemed to figure it out:

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

Scot said:

I'm pretty good with acknowledging graphics, but I didn't see any sharp peaks :|
    The picture which leads this article mate, unless it is not representative of the expansion?
    Sovrath said:

Scot said:

To that end, there are some very unusually sharp peaks in many mountain areas. Serbia, China, the alps.

Even the Matterhorn has a rather sharp peak. 

Indeed you do get them, but they are a rarity, not sure that the sharpness of contours in the picture above is matched by the Matterhorn?