Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysterious Countdown Timer Started on Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

DMKano said:

Scorchien said:

DMKano said:

This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me... but that's what this should be - unless of course they fucked it up and still left the cash shop in lol

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right
    l

Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again.

l

the plan was to keep the current servers as is but will add a new p2p no cash shop server without P2W mechanics.

So Bitter ..

Good to see AA and Rift in competent hands now ..

You certainly uninformed. 

Rift team is down to 2 devs.

AA is only in Gamigos hands until the contract runs out - Gamigo has attempted to move AA to cloud a handful of times and failed spectacularly every single time. 

Go ask the EU players how many times AA went offline and was unplayable since Gamigo took over?

They finally rolled back to physical servers since they couldn't make it work.

XL was furious over the whole debacle and will be ditching Gamigo after the contract expires 

Yeah competent hands??? Lol

Gamigo is far worse than Trion was. 

Trion had every chance to make the right moves time and again with the extra staff they had but either they were incompetent or their hands were tied to prevent them from doing anything. Every single one of their games they let rot so how is it any different now? At least now it's obvious they just want your money for their existing products and not adding extra bullshit no one wants then come up with new ways to try to charge you for it.

"Gamigo is far worse than Trion was" - what do you consider "far worse", having everything at your fingertips and losing it because of your own stupidity or buying something for pennies on the dollar and try to turn a profit. Trion wasn't doing anything but be greedy af when they were on top, completely disconnected from their playerbase in their ivory tower and paid the price. I get that when Gamigo makes back the money they spent + a little profit they may shut every game down but the way I see it is these games are on borrowed time anyway and fault only Trion for that cause they are the ones who screwed up.
    Viper482
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

All of Gamigo's games are like direct to DVD sequels of C class movies when they purchased Trion they acquired a few titles that were "worth it" but TBH they were destroyed by microtransaction and one title which they can never use because they are to scared to bring it out of the closet (marvel heroes omega MHO).

Seriously go look at the gamigo site its full of junk tier money grabbers that arn't even worthy of being on a mobile platform (its funny i say this i hate mobile games too).

If i were them i would try to get the license for MHO im not saying this because i'm a fan of the game im saying it because going forward marvel properties are hot stuff (looking towards phase 4 of MCU) and also there's nothing like it on the market.... even as a niche product they would do well and i certainly would play and buy stuff again!
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited August 2019
    Countdown to when the point of no return is for Global Cooling, err warming, err Climate Changing stuff, co sponsored by AOC.  I wish that still meant Age of Conan
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).

And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

In one word: Incompetence.

I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

I agree 100%.

The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

But without it - the company would have failed faster.

AA cash shop floated Trion for years
    Lol no, absolutely not.

Before Archeage, Trion had the best reputation in the industry and the best Cash Shop (Rift).
    All they had to do was to look after their interests and force XLgames to let them implement their own shop, or tell them to fuck off.

I stopped playing any Trion game because of AA Cash Shop, I suspect many did the same.
    Whatever they published I would play it, not so after AA.

Trion didn’t need AA, but XL Games needed Trion.
    Who the hell signed the deal that allowed XL Games to run the show?
    Trion deserved all they got.
    Viper482
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:

The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.

BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).

And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

I agree 100%.

The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

Lol no, absolutely not.

Before Archeage, Trion had the best reputation in the industry and the best Cash Shop (Rift).
    All they had to do was to look after their interests and force XLgames to let them implement their own shop, or tell them to fuck off.

I stopped playing any Trion game because of AA Cash Shop, I suspect many did the same.
    Whatever they published I would play it.

You have no clue about how poor Rift was doing financially as pure subscription. 

It was not sustainable as Trion had 350 developers at that time - sure Trion had awesome reputation at that time - but was spending more money than they were making.

They lost their ass on Defiance, it almost killed the company and they had massive 60% layoffs and shut San Diego studio.

AA cash shop 100% floated Trion - the company would have gone out of business if it weren't for ArcheAge- this I can tell you with 100% certainly 
    This is not how you make business though.
    Just because your company is going trough a bad patch, that doesn't mean you have to sign shit contracts out of desperation.

XL Games were as eager as Trion to sell AA to the West.
    Archeage was totally unknown to the West and the only reason it got so much attention was because it was going to be published by Trion, which was well respected by gamers.

Trion didn’t use that to their advantage when signing that contract.
    Whoever brokered that deal was clueless, that I am sure of.

Gamigo didn’t do the same mistake, and they have far less leverage than Trion did, as they have a bad reputation already.
    So how could Trion could have signed such a bad contract, is anyone guess.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:

I agree 100%.

Lol no, absolutely not.

You have no clue about how poor Rift was doing financially as pure subscription. 

It was not sustainable as Trion had 350 developers at that time - sure Trion had awesome reputation at that time - but was spending more money than they were making.

They lost their ass on Defiance, it almost killed the company and they had massive 60% layoffs and shut San Diego studio.

AA cash shop 100% floated Trion - the company would have gone out of business if it weren't for ArcheAge- this I can tell you with 100% certainty 
    And who's fault was that hiring 350 people? Gamigo? Did Gamigo force Trion many years before they bought them at a yard sale to make one horrible decision after another?

Everything you wrote about Gamigo in the other post was obvious to anyone from the Otherland days and even before. Yes, they are the repo men trying to make money from the junk they bought. The junk only became junk because of Trion. Gamigo did pass off Otherland development to other devs though so that possibility however small is there for the games they own.

@spriggen If you are suggesting Gamigo do something it may not be the best idea to brutally insult them right before you do so.
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Countdown to Extinction! AA is closing!
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    cant see them closing archage iv been playing that again last couple of week while i wait for classic to come out and is quite alot of people playing on the 2 servers. still isnot worth a long stay though as while you can gear up without paying anything will take half a year atleast just to get to a mediocre gear score plus even if you do get a high gear score whats the point end game has nothing but pvp which gets repetitive fast. mainly playing it as a farm/ trade sim lol so yes i did have to get patron for it to be fun.
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Nah I doubt it too.. Just one of my songs from Megadeth..  had to throw it out there.. But all seriousness..  If it is a subscription it's not a big difference if there is a cash shop..  It does not fix the internal problems AA already has..  If it's also a brand new server, that will only make things worse since the population is already razor thin as it is..  There is nothing new, why would anyone start over on a game this old? I'm interested to see how that Trion court settlement panned out, apparently we will be seeing something in the near future..
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:

I agree 100%.

Lol no, absolutely not.

AA cash shop 100% floated Trion - the company would have gone out of business if it weren't for ArcheAge- this I can tell you with 100% certainty 
    should have gone under then, would stop make me lose time and money

they also should let go a hell a lot of people 350, I can hardly see how managing this much go
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Whose the f'n genius who decided to release this so close to WoW Classic? I mean I know as humans we don't use a large % of our brains but my god whoever made this decision is on another level
  • DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited August 2019
    3vilution said:
    The end of Trion finally has a countdown.
    That started when Rift went f2p, Trion died when Gamingo took over. This is just some after death gas leaking out.
    [Deleted User]
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited August 2019

If they re-launch with sub only servers I’d absolutely sub and give it another go as It was the p2w that killed it for me and my friends after launch. Those guaranteed thunderstruck trees from the store were the final nail in the coffin for me personally.

• 4dzirt4dzirt Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Obviously it's Archeage Unleashed Mobile. Don't you guys have phones?
  • v4nnz444v4nnz444 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    it is not about labour or graphic issue. the really matter was the basic game mechanic itself was the problem. fking gigantic map with a repetitive linear quest with exact same pattern, both dailies or main quest.

maybe it has some fun at the beginning, but it is really frustating to the ass, when everthing gone too routine.

my advice that let player explore, without line or pattern. let it has to be a hardcore grinding game type once again. let player found something like hidden secrets or special quest.

TBH, ragnarok still best game mmo afterall.
    alkarionlog
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me... but that's what this should be - unless of course they fucked it up and still left the cash shop in lol

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right l

Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again. l

the plan was to keep the current servers as is but will add a new p2p no cash shop server without P2W mechanics.
    So Bitter ..

AA is only in Gamigos hands until the contract runs out - Gamigo has attempted to move AA to cloud a handful of times and failed spectacularly every single time. 

Go ask the EU players how many times AA went offline and was unplayable since Gamigo took over?

XL was furious over the whole debacle and will be ditching Gamigo after the contract expires 

Where are your prof of this? Only see people guessing about this.

Without facts, your word means nothing.
    Viper482
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    a count down timer, i guess they are shutting down games on a schedule now then  :p
    RemyVorender
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Game was really great at beggining. Game need to be f2p (maybe it already is idk didnt play it for years), do something about labor points, remove p2w and completely change battle system which is crazy.
    alkarionlog
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    So, does it mean Trion is shutting down? I mean their games a pretty dead. That company sadly made so many mistakes with Rift that they killed it themselves. Don't forget the failure that AA was.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:

You can blame Trion for agreeing to host the cash shop etc... but this was not Trions idea 

How do you know how much Trion had to do with that cash shop? Your "anonymous sources"? You defended Trion through that whole debacle, don't think people forget that fact. Were you there for the conversations on it? Trion was the face of that game, period. They share 100% of the blame.
    Scorchien
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:

I agree 100%.

Lol no, absolutely not.

Sorry dude, but this mysterious DMKano bullshit needs to stop. If you have credentials say it, but this half in half out pretending to know everything but not divulging why is annoying as hell.
    Scorchien
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again. l

So Bitter ..

Lol. This. Every. Time.

That's what you get when you play "I know a secret" on the internet. Anyone, literally anyone can pretend to know everything then not tell you why. I can tell you what is going on in the Cowboys locker room right now between the QB and coach.....trust me, I know what's up with Prescott and his contract /wink wink. I can't tell you why, but you'll just have to trust me. It's laughable dude.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Viper482 said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

So Bitter ..

Lol. This. Every. Time.

That's what you get when you play "I know a secret" on the internet. Anyone, literally anyone can pretend to know everything then not tell you why. I can tell you what is going on in the Cowboys locker room right now between the QB and coach.....trust me, I know what's up with Prescott and his contract /wink wink. I can't tell you why, but you'll just have to trust me. It's laughable dude.
    You know, regardless of what might think of his opinions or point of view, he has called a few things over the years. I even remember one poster making (I assume a joke) a comment that went something along the lines of "whoa, Kano was right! I guess we should always assume he knows ... " or some such thing.

That of course doesn't mean he's always right but given his posts over the years he has some sort of industry job and does have access to some information.

Does he have to disclose what he does? no. Are there people out there who make things up so that they can appear "the big man?" sure. Do we always have to think he's right? Absolutely not, people make mistakes, people sometimes don't have the whole picture.

But, given what seems to be a relationship with Trion I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, it's a pretty easy thing to see if he's right when the timer is out and if it's something completely different is announced then that speaks volumes.
    Panther2103[Deleted User]Amathealkarionlogbartoni33[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Meh, Gamigo took over Fallen Earth years ago. Look how that went. lol
    I belive that is lack of updates since what? forever? and that was even before bought the game
    Sovrath said:
    Viper482 said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

So Bitter ..

Lol. This. Every. Time.

You know, regardless of what might think of his opinions or point of view, he has called a few things over the years. I even remember one poster making (I assume a joke) a comment that went something along the lines of "whoa, Kano was right! I guess we should always assume he knows ... " or some such thing.

That of course doesn't mean he's always right but given his posts over the years he has some sort of industry job and does have access to some information.

Does he have to disclose what he does? no. Are there people out there who make things up so that they can appear "the big man?" sure. Do we always have to think he's right? Absolutely not, people make mistakes, people sometimes don't have the whole picture.

But, given what seems to be a relationship with Trion I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, it's a pretty easy thing to see if he's right when the timer is out and if it's something completely different is announced then that speaks volumes.
    meh he was wrong on a lot of things too, mostly I just put a good guess, somethings I did guessed right, like tera taking a year to become f2p and how bad some other games would be