Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysterious Countdown Timer Started on Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageMysterious Countdown Timer Started on Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com

A mysterious countdown timer has appeared on Trion Worlds' website.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Whales leave or something?
    Viper482Oyjordinfomatz[Deleted User]Strizzy12
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This is as new and refreshing as college athletes picking hats to announce what team they will sign with.
    psychosiz1MargravewingoodOyjorddruez[Deleted User]Hashbrick

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    they have countdown timers for annoucements....
    albert721
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    they have countdown timers for annoucements....
    Pretty common in the gaming industry, but usually reserved for announcements/developers people might actually give a shit about. This is not one of those times.
    gunklackerchilltime99Areteowingoodceh430kertinTacticalZombehdinognalbert721Samhael
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    ArcheAge new server , whales rejoice!
    krgwynneVexiusx
  • 3vilution3vilution Member UncommonPosts: 2
    The end of Trion finally has a countdown.
    RoinDragonJockeypsychosiz1necrolockPuReDusT[Deleted User]Asm0deusAreteokrgwynneDhampirand 14 others.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    lol the msgs are funny, if they are doing something about all msg then the game will be P2P, with no cash shop with instanced land and no labor to control the crafting economy
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Its great news for the game but 4-5 years too late.

For anyone who didn't play, labor is the worst mechanic, especially for f2p. Its worst then mobile energy system, at least that generates faster.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Archeage 2050
    [Deleted User]gunklackerMcOdenDhampirdragonlee66ceh430TacticalZombeh[Deleted User]sschruppSamhael
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    P2P, cash shopless server? May an idiot dream?
  • xkeeperxkeeper Member UncommonPosts: 45

Linif said:

P2P, cash shopless server? May an idiot dream?

I´d move to archeage in a heartbeat
    Viper482AlbatroesScellowceh430kenguru23SamhaelStrizzy12
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    hopefully its something to do with marvel heroes omega
    psychosiz1ceh430sschrupp
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    If they brought back pre-release Archeage I would be all over it.
    CryomatrixThupli
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Viper482 said:

If they brought back pre-release Archeage I would be all over it.

That is the thing. The alphas was arguably the best version of the game, then it went live. Its pretty sad too because just before then, Trion was seen as a pretty fair company how they were handling f2p Rift at that time.
    Alomarcheebainfomatzceh430TacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

hopefully its something to do with marvel heroes omega

I'd take a generic ARPG with the same systems any day. ugh.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Countdown to what? There's no one left, lol.
    [Deleted User]
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    edited August 2019
    A no cash shop, labor-pointless (let us pretend that is a word), Sub based version of the game would be music to my ears.

Referring to Archeage*
    Viper482Coolit
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    honestly if they made it like it was in the beginning I bet a ton of people would come back. it was fun before launch.  
    Viper482Thupli
  • emikz1kemikz1k Newbie CommonPosts: 19
    my guess is finally a brexit
    [Deleted User]Nasaceh430
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited August 2019
    Check all the quotes, some of them are really trashing the game!

What the f...!

https://i.imgur.com/JND5pLQ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/i94WXU5.png
    https://i.imgur.com/aaT20Eq.png
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    re-brand attempt lol hopefully they get it right AA was a huge disappointment not because of the game but how they handled it.. LP and f2p options were the reasons many quit
    Thupli
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me... but that's what this should be - unless of course they fucked it up and still left the cash shop in lol

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right l

Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again. l

the plan was to keep the current servers as is but will add a new p2p no cash shop server without P2W mechanics.
    So Bitter ..

Good to see AA and Rift in competent hands now ..
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    One day after WoW classic name reservations overloaded WoW this announcement comes. My spot in queue was 8k before they sorted it out.
    If they were waiting to see how that was gonna do then this could be a good sign for MMORPG's if WoW ends up getting 1-2 mil subscribers. It could mean there's a real chance at some older MMO'S getting official relaunches. I'm hoping WAR is one of them.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.
    krgwynneceh430
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:

I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).

And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

In one word: Incompetence.

I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.
    Viper482