Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the Longest You Have Waited for a Game to Be Released?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
I hate waiting on games that are not yet released. But I do it all the time. It's mostly all I do, gaming-wise, these days.

I'm not sure what my record is. I know I have been waiting on Pantheon for several years now. With quite a few years left to go.  And no guarantee of a prize at the bottom of that Cracker Jack box. 

I waited years on Heroes Journey, and it never released.

I waited years on Vanguard. 

Waiting sucks. I should stop doing it, or learn patience.

Maybe I need a zen sand garden or something.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Babuinix

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2019
    CU, six years and counting. 

All good though, I really no longer care, I just enjoy giving MJ grief over it.

These days I game for the moment,  playing those which are available now as there might be no tomorrow.

It's an older gamer thing.

;)

AmathePalebaneAsheramobii[Deleted User]VyntUngood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Currently in process...
    I cannot say how long other than it will be another 18 months at least.
    Amathe

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I only did beta on a handful of games, the most notable are WoW and Vanguard. WoW came out a couple months later and Vanguard I think was a year, but it was a horrible mess in beta.
    Amathe
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Duke Nukem Forever anyone ;)
    AmatheMMOExposedUngood

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Saur0n69Saur0n69 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Star Citizen...
    AmatheArglebargleUngoodFrodoFragins
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    "I don't wait for games. Games wait for me"

Chuck Norris 
    laseritAmathePalebane[Deleted User]AlBQuirky[Deleted User][Deleted User]Ungood
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Iselin said:
    "I don't wait for games. Games wait for me"

Chuck Norris 
    I don't often wait for games. But when i do, their cash shop pays me.

- The Most Interesting Man in the World
    laseritIselinKyleranMMOExposedAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Ungood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    i just called my future self in 2035 he says put him down for star citizen.....he also said they promised it will be soon, and ships are on sale again.
    AmatheLackingMMOAlBQuirkySpottyGekkoDibdabs[Deleted User]
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    The only specific game I recall waiting for was Diablo.  I got a demo of the game (remember those) in a game magazine (also, remember those) about 8 months prior to the game's release.  Long, long, long 8 weeks.  I didn't like it.

These days, I much prefer to discover games as they appear.  I'd much rather have games appear as finished products ready to be played, than have games as some concept that someone might develop and release in a few years but only if I give them money now.  That has gotten trying, if not a tiny bit dishonest.

PalebaneAmathe

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited August 2019

6 months. If there is no release date, then I don’t care.

Amathe

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DrunkWolf said:
    i just called my future self in 2035 he says put him down for star citizen.....he also said they promised it will be soon, and ships are on sale again.
    Hopefully you're leaving your backer account in the will for the children. Your grandchildren will be able to play day 1 of beta.
    Amathe
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Honestly its hard to say how long, I usually get real excited for a game and then move on until there is a big update or news then forget until release. Pantheon, FF7 remake? I don't know lol. Trying to focus on life that way when I get these life destroying things called entertainment I have fond memories when reality hits me again.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Camelot Unchained.  Looks like that shit is on a 10 year schedule.
    AmatheKyleranBabuinix
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I have been waiting 13 years for WOW classic, does that count?
    Kyleran
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Darkfall, from 2003 to 2009.
    AmatheKyleran
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    I have waited for quite a lot of games over the years but as far as paying close attention and checking up on it at least 6 or 7 days a week, Pantheon at over 5 years currently is probably the longest (and it's not even in alpha yet ;/ )
    Amathe
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Hmm.  I'm waiting for the game that Warhammer Online should have been.
    Amathe

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord.  Taleworlds announced it in 2012. Still no release date.
    AmatheAsheram

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I'll let you know when the game I am waiting for gets released.. ;)
    Amathe
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Pantheon.
    Amathe
    Isaiah 41:10
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I don't wait for games to be released.  I do wait for games to be available at a reasonable price. 
    AmatheKylerankenguru23AlBQuirkyPalebaneUngood
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I've followed many games through pre-alpha to release. Horizons, DAoC, Pantheon, WoW, D3, and so on. I don't get that worked up about the wait though, I just follow on Facebook and play something else in the meantime.
    AmathePalebane
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I've followed many games through pre-alpha to release. Horizons, DAoC, Pantheon, WoW, D3, and so on. I don't get that worked up about the wait though, I just follow on Facebook and play something else in the meantime.
    People use Facebook for something besides sharing funny cat videos and picture of their food in restaurants?

Who knew?

;)
    AmatheWarEnsembleAlBQuirky[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I wish Horizons was made by a bigger better company, thats still my favorite concept of a game of all-time

there was nothing better than working as an entire server to free the Satyrs
    WarEnsemblePalebane